PDA

View Full Version : Hostages in Algeria

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Is anyone else concerned about the oil field personnel kidnapped in Algeria....or is everyone that concerned about whether or not Manti T'eo had a real GF or some imaginary one

Why is this not dominating the news...is it also a hoax ?

road kill
01-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Is anyone else concerned about the oil field personnel kidnapped in Algeria....or is everyone that concerned about whether or not Manti T'eo had a real GF or some imaginary one

Sadly, I think we know the answer.

huntinman
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
That's what I was talking about when I told Sarge to turn on the news...

HPL
01-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Honestly, I think long gone are the days when being an American made one somewhat bulletproof, so now when people knowingly take jobs in troubled parts of the world, the risk is just part of it and they can't really expect the govt to sweep in and save them.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
\n

Honestly, I think long gone are the days when being an American made one somewhat bulletproof, so now when people knowingly take jobs in troubled parts of the world, the risk is just part of it and they can't really expect the govt to sweep in and save them.

Very long gone. It wasn't safe to fly with an American passport back in the 70's. Planes got hijacked and Americans were targeted.

Golddogs
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Most of those taken were not Americans and so not as big a news story. Story is over now, hostages were freed with some casualties. No assistence from any foreign governments.

huntinman
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Most of those taken were not Americans and so not as big a news story. Story is over now, hostages were freed with some casualties. No assistence from any foreign governments.

Don't know what you are reading... Some of the hostages, including Americans are still being held, albeit at a different location in the desert... The situation is not resolved, as much as the media and the administration would like to brush it under the rug... What's a few more dead Americans in the big scheme of things anyway?

Gerry Clinchy
01-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Seems Hillary stated that it was very tiring to have to continually deal with these "relentless" terrorists. Ironic, that wasn't the tune that they were playing during the campaign?

It was noted on Townhall, that Romney's mention of Mali in the Presidential debate was because the foreign affairs briefings had lots of mention of the situation of Mali ... totally skipped over by the incumbent administration.

Some info I read tied this group in Algeria to the group in Mali. US is transporting French troops into Mali, BTW. Mali isn't that far away from Algeria.

Guess the Algerians don't like to be messed with. They sent in special forces after about 24 hrs. because the insurgents were "intransigent" about negotiations. One commentator noted that 24 hrs was not a very long time to come to the conclusion of "intransigence". Guess the Algerians are not the patient sort. The Algerians allowed the US to only assist in evacuations.

huntinman
01-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Seems Hillary stated that it was very tiring to have to continually deal with these "relentless" terrorists. Ironic, that wasn't the tune that they were playing during the campaign?

It was noted on Townhall, that Romney's mention of Mali in the Presidential debate was because the foreign affairs briefings had lots of mention of the situation of Mali ... totally skipped over by the incumbent administration.

Some info I read tied this group in Algeria to the group in Mali. US is transporting French troops into Mali, BTW. Mali isn't that far away from Algeria.

Guess the Algerians don't like to be messed with. They sent in special forces after about 24 hrs. because the insurgents were "intransigent" about negotiations. One commentator noted that 24 hrs was not a very long time to come to the conclusion of "intransigence". Guess the Algerians are not the patient sort. The Algerians allowed the US to only assist in evacuations.

That's what they are saying... I would be willing to bet that our special forces guys were doing all the heavy lifting

huntinman
01-19-2013, 10:19 AM

It is now... all remaining hostages found executed. Terrorists killed too.

M&K's Retrievers
01-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Boy it didn't take Leon and Hilary long to say it was terrorist this time around.

Doghim
01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Love the USA.

Dont love the biased media and the polaticians that bend with every little breeze that blows past.

"COWARDS"