I Met Sarge (Zeus) Today [Archive] - RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF

: I Met Sarge (Zeus) Today

huntinman
01-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Sarge and his lovely wife were driving through on their way south today. My wife and I met them at a local restaurant for lunch and some friendly dog talk. I really enjoyed the visit and getting to know another fellow RTF'er.... Here is a pic of me and Sarge 10864

The visit went well until I steered the conversation to politics and tried to give Sarge a gift of the Mark Levin book "Liberty and Tyranny"

At that point, Sarge's radical liberal colors came out and he attacked me! A defenseless man just trying to help a wayward traveler... I just don't understand:confused:

Moral to the story? You can feed a liberal, just don't try to educate them! Makes 'em mad!! (Sarge says he's not liberal)

In all seriousness, my wife and I enjoyed the visit with Sarge and his wife. They are very nice folks and I hope to cross paths with them again in the near future. Next time I'll try an Ann Coulter book!

BonMallari
01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
way too funny.....

mngundog
01-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Congrats, that's great, thanks for the post. Did Zeus stick you with the check?

DSO
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Very cool :cool:

zeus3925
01-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks Bill and Sherrie! We had a great time! Mngundog, I did stick him with the check! But, I'm sure he'll get me back when we go back in the spring.

Ann Coulter, eh?

huntinman
10-30-2015, 08:44 AM
I am extremely saddened to hear of Chuck's passing. He was one of the good guys for sure. Thinking of him this morning reminded me of the day we met... We joked about it on this thread. But we were more alike than different... And this hits home. My wife and I were fortunate to have Chuck And Rose stop by our home a couple of times after this first meeting... They spent the night, we talked dogs... And just life in general. Great folks.

Chuck's family, RTF, and the dog world lost a good one this time...

swliszka
10-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Well put Bill. Chuck was a fly fishermen , grouse hunter ,a photographic expert,a modest man who was a true son of Michigan who claimed his big feet were due to his Native American origins.He had a real wry sense of humor, a kind heart and steel vise scientific mind. Roses' interest in running FT dogs, Chucks, led to her getting her own dog, Hottie, now doing well with Lynn Troy/Rose at the Open/Amateur level. I roasted Chuck many times that your pupil has now surpassed the "teacher" and look what you created. He was proud of Rose. He directed me to RTF POTUS as an interesting mind exercise upon my retirement in 2013. Over the past year as his condition worsened and we had our weekly phone calls he encouraged me to keep you folks "honest." I would just urge you to keep your priorities right and enjoy each morning...

Buzz
10-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Like Stan says, that was well put Bill. I had a great time meeting you at our spring derby/qual here in South Dakota. It really got me thinking that we all have way more in common than you'd think sifting through the conversations here on RTF. Made me think that we all need to try harder to be respectful to one another and not let political differences divide us. I know I'll be thinking of Chuck every time I drive through the St. Cloud area from now on...

charly_t
10-30-2015, 02:54 PM
.................................................. .................................................. Made me think that we all need to try harder to be respectful to one another and not let political differences divide us. .................................................. .................................................. .......

Exactly. ........................................... .................................................. .................................
Good idea.