01-25-2013, 05:52 AM
F-16's - Tanks - free, Why??

huntinman
01-25-2013, 07:04 AM

Muslim Outreach

mudminnow
01-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Watch out yall. If you keep thinking logically by asking questions like this, you might join me and Franco in the Ron Paul camp.

huntinman
01-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Watch out yall. If you keep thinking logically by asking questions like this, you might join me and Franco in the Ron Paul camp.

HaHa!! This one is just idiocy at it's core.

mudminnow
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Its starts out with the question of the muslim brotherhood, then the next question is who are we supporting in syria? yep thats right al quaeda... But what i thought they didn't exist thanks to Bush and Obama. Well at least we didn't aid terrorists in Libya,...woops ok we did that too. Well at least we are promoting Just Warfare and only engaging in enemy combabtants when we do strike, oh wait,...nevermind our drones killed more children this year than all the mass shootings combined x 2. Why are we giving Egypt weapons? Because those in power like war, dems and repubs alike. It makes it a whole lot easier to trample rights and less likely to get voted out of office

Eric Johnson
01-25-2013, 12:35 PM
It should be pointed out that the F-16's being sold to them are the export models...seriously downgraded versions of what we and NATO .... and the Israelis fly. For that matter, Israel flies the F-15 in both the interceptor and Strike Eagle model. In a street fight, the Israelis would win by a long shot. Time and again it's been shown that superior pilots can overcome the shortcomings of their aircraft while lackluster pilots can not make superior aircraft perform up to snuff.

Don't know about the tanks. I have a sense that the army is not fully under the control of the Egyptian political leadership but rather sort of marches to it's own drummer. I do know that for many years the US and Egyptian armies have had fairly close ties, including a long standing biennial joint exercise know as Bright Star. A bit of research revealed that General Dynamics has a factory in Egypt which is producing the Abrams M1A1 model, again a somewhat downgraded model.

Franco
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Its starts out with the question of the muslim brotherhood, then the next question is who are we supporting in syria? yep thats right al quaeda... But what i thought they didn't exist thanks to Bush and Obama. Well at least we didn't aid terrorists in Libya,...woops ok we did that too. Well at least we are promoting Just Warfare and only engaging in enemy combabtants when we do strike, oh wait,...nevermind our drones killed more children this year than all the mass shootings combined x 2. Why are we giving Egypt weapons? Because those in power like war, dems and repubs alike. It makes it a whole lot easier to trample rights and less likely to get voted out of office

Good observation, Bingo!

huntinman
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
It should be pointed out that the F-16's being sold to them are the export models...seriously downgraded versions of what we and NATO .... and the Israelis fly. For that matter, Israel flies the F-15 in both the interceptor and Strike Eagle model. In a street fight, the Israelis would win by a long shot. Time and again it's been shown that superior pilots can overcome the shortcomings of their aircraft while lackluster pilots can not make superior aircraft perform up to snuff.

Don't know about the tanks. I have a sense that the army is not fully under the control of the Egyptian political leadership but rather sort of marches to it's own drummer. I do know that for many years the US and Egyptian armies have had fairly close ties, including a long standing biennial joint exercise know as Bright Star. A bit of research revealed that General Dynamics has a factory in Egypt which is producing the Abrams M1A1 model, again a somewhat downgraded model.

We shouldn't be selling the Muslim brotherhood a blank pistol.

M&K's Retrievers
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
We shouldn't be selling or giving the Muslim brotherhood a blank pistol.

Fixed it for you.

huntinman
01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Fixed it for you.

Damn right!

Tom. P.
01-25-2013, 02:36 PM

They werent exactly free! They payed with the money we gave them! OMG did i just say that?