PDA

View Full Version : If appointees illegal then what?

luvmylabs23139
01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
So now what, are all of the decisions made by the NLRB now invalid? Can anyone who the NLRB screwed now go after them hard?

jeff evans
01-25-2013, 12:44 PM
A beverage company in Washington state was the suit that brought this to light, I believe. They sued saying that the committee was appointed against our constitutional values so any actions they made are not valid. Sounds like he won! Now the news media, should do their job and inform the people that our president has acted against our constitution in an effort to make a power grab!

luvmylabs23139
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
And what is the timing of going after Boeing to kiss the unions butts? Can SC nail them to the wall?

Franco
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I was just reading about this on BizJournals.

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/washingtonbureau/2013/01/25/big-win-for-business-court-rules.html

Eric Johnson
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Essentially the Court of Appeals has ruled that any and all recess appointments are unconstitutional. They not only ruled that the NLRB appointments were unconstitutional because the Senate wasn't in recess but I believe that they ruled that unless the vacancy occurred while the Senate was in recess, the recess appointment appointment is void. Since these three vacancies occurred while the Senate was in session, the President can't wait until they go out of session to appoint someone to the post and have the appointment take effect unless the Senate acts.

I'm still reading the opinion but that's what it appears they have done. I've got a copy of the opinion and will send it to any who want it.

It's almost guaranteed to be appealed by the White House to the SCOTUS because this is a real curtailment of powers vis v vis the Senate.

M&K's Retrievers
01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
My guess is that the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the King.

huntinman
01-25-2013, 02:38 PM
My guess is that the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the King.

Now that they (the left) have Roberts, its a good guess...