PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Majority: 1 Increment Closer

road kill
01-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Obama To Make Major Immigration Moves Next Week

Posted: 01/25/2013 1:33 pm EST | Updated: 01/25/2013 5:40 pm EST

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama announced after a meeting with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus on Friday that he will lay out some of his plans for immigration reform on Tuesday in Las Vegas.

Members of the caucus who were present at the meeting said Obama assured them that he shares the group's basic beliefs about immigration reform, most notably that making a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants -- which some Republicans oppose -- is an absolute must as they push for legislation.

"The President was pleased to hear from CHC members and noted that they share the same vision, including that any legislation must include a path to earned citizenship," the administration in a statement. "The President further noted that there is no excuse for stalling or delay."

Seven members of Congress were present at the meeting, including Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairman Ruben Hinojosa (D-Texas), Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Immigration Task Force Chairman Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) and Chairman of the Democratic Caucus Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.).

Obama told the group that his plans for immigration reform align with their own, especially with regards to the need for a pathway to citizenship, Becerra said after the meeting.

"He said on more than one occasion that his principles virtually mirrored the Congressional Hispanic Caucus principles -- and if you look at our principles, we are determined to fight against creating a second class of Americans," Becerra told HuffPost. "I don't think there's any light between where we are and where he is on the issue of having America legally create a second class of citizens."

The Associated Press reported that the White House will launch an effort on immigration next week, as will a bipartisan group of senators, likely the so-called "gang of eight" -- four Republicans, four Democrats -- who have already begun to work toward a deal.

If I am not mistaken (and I am not) there already exists a "LEGAL" pathway to citizenship."

mngundog
01-26-2013, 09:00 AM
When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be about the Marco Rubio's new plan:

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is developing a wide-ranging immigration reform plan — including steps to give more than 12 million illegals currently in the U.S. legal status — in an effort to seize the initiative on a contentious issue that polls show is hurting the Republican Party with the nation’s rapidly growing Hispanic population.

Rubio laid out the broad outline of his plan in an interview with the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal, at the same time President Obama announced he would push a comprehensive immigration plan of his own this March.

Surprisingly, both hold similar goals – creating a process in which undocumented workers in the U.S. can gain status and at the same time create a potential path to citizenship at some point in the future.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rubio-immigration-plan-illegal/2013/01/13/id/471223/

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 10:43 AM
If I am not mistaken (and I am not) there already exists a "LEGAL" pathway to citizenship."

And those of us that played by the rules are disgusted by anyone who allows the border jumping, plop down, squat out anchor baby to stay!

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be about the Marco Rubio's new plan:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rubio-immigration-plan-illegal/2013/01/13/id/471223/

Everyn illegal should be deported. Follow the rules. It is a slap in the face to those the did it the right way!

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Those of us that folloed the law hate illegals more than anyone else. Every damn illegal needs to be deported. They can kiss my butt. Play by the rules like we did or well I hope they arm the border and shoot to kill!

mngundog
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Everyn illegal should be deported. Follow the rules. It is a slap in the face to those the did it the right way!
Come on, where's that passion and disdain you always show when a Democrat would do the same thing this Republican is doing? No impeachment, treason, name calling for Rubio who thinks 12 million illegals are a good thing for the Country?

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Come on, where's that passion and disdain you always show when a Democrat would do the same thing this Republican is doing? No impeachment, treason, name calling for Rubio who thinks 12 million illegals are a good thing for the Country?

I don't agree with Rubio either. As far as I am concerned every illegal should be thrown back over the border and anchor babies should be tossed over the border too.
PLay by the rules or get the heck out.
NObody should come to this country unless they are doing something that can't be filled by a citizen by qualifiactions not desire.
IE , why does anyone leach from the taxpayer for a minimum skilled job and yet someone else can come here to do that job.
WHY do we give any benefits to anyone who could darn well go pick crops but we let them leach to sit on thier asses?

Golddogs
01-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Those of us that folloed the law hate illegals more than anyone else. Every damn illegal needs to be deported. They can kiss my butt. Play by the rules like we did or well I hope they arm the border and shoot to kill!

Guess not everyone can marry a green card. True love is so hard to find.

But I do agree that it isn't fair for those who do follow procedures and have waited years to enter. Of course it may mean higher farm prices when we have to pay a living wage to harvest lettuce.

It is interesting how a hispanic Republican can offer up the same ideas without being flamed by the followers.

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Good lord I would hope that the US does not allow someone who was not quite 4 years old to marry for a green card!

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2013, 11:22 AM

But I do agree that it isn't fair for those who do follow procedures and have waited years to enter. Of course it may mean higher farm prices when we have to pay a living wage to harvest lettuce.

It is interesting how a hispanic Republican can offer up the same ideas without being flamed by the followers.

HOw about allowing skilled labor and making the citizen leaches get off their asses and pick the lettuce!

mngundog
01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
For the record RK I'm against the Rubio/Obama plan. Do you think that the Republican party hopefuls will step up and say all illegals need to be deported or will they hide in the shadows watching others cast stones?

coachmo
01-26-2013, 01:09 PM
FYI...there's a lot about Rubio that's not very conservative. Big "R" republican yes, little "r" republican NO!

Marvin S
01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
FYI...there's a lot about Rubio that's not very conservative. Big "R" republican yes, little "r" republican NO!

As I PM'd to someone else - explain the difference between The present POTUS & Rubio when it comes to real world experience? Just because he chose the party does no mean those of us in the party have to choose him.

Franco
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
As I PM'd to someone else - explain the difference between The present POTUS & Rubio when it comes to real world experience? Just because he chose the party does not mean those of us in the party have to choose him.

Not has a t at the end of the word.

Doesn't matter what Rubio comes out with, the Dems will get all the credit among Hispanics. Add tha animosity between Mexicans and Central Americans with the Cubans and Rubio's plan will soon be forgotten.

Thank Pres Reagan for making this problem as big as it is. Had he not declared Amnesty for 12 million illegals we would have had the flood of another 12plus million.

mngundog
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
It is hard to take someone very seriously who comes across as somewhat illiterate!!! :D

BonMallari
01-26-2013, 03:41 PM

Doesn't matter what Rubio comes out with, the Dems will get all the credit among Hispanics. Add tha animosity between Mexicans and Central Americans with the Cubans and Rubio's plan will soon be forgotten.

Thank Pres Reagan for making this problem as big as it is. Had he not declared Amnesty for 12 million illegals we would have had the flood of another 12plus million.

Give me a break Franco....Reagan might have signed an amnesty bill way back when, but illegal immigration is the US dirty little secret and has been going on long before Reagan was POTUS...illegals have been harvesting the fields, working the restaurants and all the other schiathole jobs since the 1900...Chinese immigrants built many of the railroads, heck they even built many of the wineries on the west coast. Hispanics have been harvesting grapes and other produce before Reagan was even Gov of Calif...the US business man created the problem, and the farm workers unions went right along with the game..Kind of ironic that both Calif and TX used illegals all these years to harvest their crops and now cant get rid of them as they continue to stream across the border

huntinman
01-26-2013, 03:51 PM

And the is spelled with an "e", not an "a"... :rolleyes:

Franco
01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Give me a break Franco....Reagan might have signed an amnesty bill way back when, but illegal immigration is the US dirty little secret and has been going on long before Reagan was POTUS...illegals have been harvesting the fields, working the restaurants and all the other schiathole jobs since the 1900...Chinese immigrants built many of the railroads, heck they even built many of the wineries on the west coast. Hispanics have been harvesting grapes and other produce before Reagan was even Gov of Calif...the US business man created the problem, and the farm workers unions went right along with the game..Kind of ironic that both Calif and TX used illegals all these years to harvest their crops and now cant get rid of them as they continue to stream across the border

I am well aware that illegal farm workers were here long before Reagan. My point is that his declaration of Amnesty sent a signal to others saying it was OK to enter illegally and they just might get rewarded for it.

Franco
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
It is hard to take someone very seriously who comes across as somewhat illiterate!!! :D

:D At first I thought he was trying to mimic a migrant farm worker.

Tom. P.
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I just dont get it?Now the Republicans are trying to compete for votes like this? We are truly lost as a Nation!

Marvin S
01-26-2013, 07:04 PM

I used to attend our Distict R meetings with a "Jane Was Right" button. Rather than explain that to you I will see what a person as well versed as yourself politically can come up with :-P.

& someone as sloppy as yourself when posting should not go out of their way to pick fights. FYI, there is a major difference between sloppy & stupid :confused:.

:D At first I thought he was trying to mimic a migrant farm worker.

I have great respect for the migrant farm Worker, with emphasis on worker. There are folks in Seattle from Somalia, 2nd generation that still try to cook over an open fire inside their free housing in the high rent district. Apparently Seattle's lefty's, more numerous & less industrious than a colony of ants, need someone to feel superior to. The lefty's consider themselves Libertarian also :-P.