PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong?

Tom. P.
01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Decided to post this here instead of upstairs!
I use to really admire this Man and watched all the TDF races He ran.It was a great story ay the time of a guy who not only beat cancer but went to France and beat the best in the world. But now i just wish Hed go away.What a lion weasel! And i dont mean to berate Weasels!
And now it seems he is still lying after confessing to the Big O.
Once a liar always a liar
Lance go away!
I really feel bad for people with cancer that looked up to Him

Dan Storts
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
There is a article about MLB players juicing today. They should remove the bans and allow a even playing field. There are always going to be new chemistry which is one step ahead of the testing.

Marvin S
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
There is a article about MLB players juicing today. They should remove the bans and allow a even playing field. There are always going to be new chemistry which is one step ahead of the testing.

You're joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

K&D
01-29-2013, 10:32 PM
The sad part is that every time a new name comes out with a connection to PEDs, I'm no longer surprised. :(

mjiorle
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
If the money raised by Lance Armstrong leads to better treatments, and saving people's lives.... Then I say thank you Lance. If he doesn't have the fantastic story of beating cancer and going on to win the TDF a lot of $$$ doesn't get raised. Regardless of my personal thoughts of his character, he did a lot of good as well.

Baseball created their own problem, and now wants to villify the offenders.

Mike

road kill
01-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Anyone know what Ray Lewis is doing this wekend??

Daniel J Simoens
01-30-2013, 01:26 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/173dec85183f67af31624242f4c4c54f/tumblr_mg0hwwfem61qjfxauo1_500.gif

roseberry
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
The sad part is that every time a new name comes out with a connection to PEDs, I'm no longer surprised. :(

lance armstrong is like the rest of us. he is partially good....partially bad. he seems to allow his competitive interests to take him to places most people would not go. his desire to win and evil charachter is manifested by lying pathologically, sacrficing the lives and careers of others who get in his way and training obsessively and compulsively. since this is a "political forum" we talk about pathological lying and trampling others all the time here. since it is also a dog training forum we know that training obsessively and compulsively are what it takes to win(though we might not talk about it too much lol).

lance did good things, lance did bad things. all in all it is appears he is pretty much a jerk. in my mind being a jerk does not negate the positive things he did.

as to ped's: it infuriates me when i see a guy like phillies hof third baseman mike schmidt come on tv and say, and i paraphrase, "i never knew anything like that was going on in the locker room!" i know that at the same exact time as mike was in a major leauge locker room with the finest trainers and coaches on the planet, little old john mccallie was at a small 2a high school in alabama with a very good sports program. it is simply not plausible that in 1980 i knew what winstrol, dianabol, et al were, understood their effects on performance, was clear on the potential side effects and had access to these drugs and major leauger mike schmidt had "never even heard of such a thing?"

these ped's have been a part of elite athletic performance for a longgggg time. do not let anyone kid you. don't be disappointed in your heros from 1977 through today. THEY ALL DID IT THEN, DO IT NOW AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT IN THE FUTURE. sometimes i feel villian jose canseco and i are the only people in the world who understand this?

did lance use ped's to win the tour?.....certainly. did his competitors?.....certainly!
did governor shwartzenneger(sp) use ped's to win 9 mr. olympia titles?......certainly. did his competitors?.......certainly!
did governor jesse "the body" use ped's to be a big imposing wrestler?......certainly. did his competitors?........certainly!
roger?...yep! batters he faced?.....all of them!
on and on and on.........
ALL OF THEM get used to it!

Raymond Little
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
lance armstrong is like the rest of us. he is partially good....partially bad. he seems to allow his competitive interests to take him to places most people would not go. his desire to win and evil charachter is manifested by lying pathologically, sacrficing the lives and careers of others who get in his way and training obsessively and compulsively. since this is a "political forum" we talk about pathological lying and trampling others all the time here. since it is also a dog training forum we know that training obsessively and compulsively are what it takes to win(though we might not talk about it too much lol).

lance did good things, lance did bad things. all in all it is appears he is pretty much a jerk. in my mind being a jerk does not negate the positive things he did.

as to ped's: it infuriates me when i see a guy like phillies hof third baseman mike schmidt come on tv and say, and i paraphrase, "i never knew anything like that was going on in the locker room!" i know that at the same exact time as mike was in a major leauge locker room with the finest trainers and coaches on the planet, little old john mccallie was at a small 2a high school in alabama with a very good sports program. it is simply not plausible that in 1980 i knew what winstrol, dianabol, et al were, understood their effects on performance, was clear on the potential side effects and had access to these drugs and major leauger mike schmidt had "never even heard of such a thing?"

these ped's have been a part of elite athletic performance for a longgggg time. do not let anyone kid you. don't be disappointed in your heros from 1977 through today. THEY ALL DID IT THEN, DO IT NOW AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT IN THE FUTURE. sometimes i feel villian jose canseco and i are the only people in the world who understand this?

did lance use ped's to win the tour?.....certainly. did his competitors?.....certainly!
did governor shwartzenneger(sp) use ped's to win 9 mr. olympia titles?......certainly. did his competitors?.......certainly!
did governor jesse "the body" use ped's to be a big imposing wrestler?......certainly. did his competitors?........certainly!

Post of the DaY!;)

duk4me
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Post of the DaY!;)

Saddest post of the day.

duk4me
01-30-2013, 03:23 PM

All of them? No I won't get used to it and I hope that the governing bodies do not get used to it either.

Tom. P.
01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
All of them? No I won't get used to it and I hope that the governing bodies do not get used to it either.

Post of the day?

huntinman
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM

Problem is... they don't know how far back to go. The baseball HOF just elected nobody to the hall for the first time. How many members do you think were juiced already? Like John says, some of thes guys have been doing it forever. Guys I played HS footbal with in 1976 were doing steroids... Got scholarships too. I didn't... pretty obvious too, 155 lb safety!

The SB this weekend will have juiced guys playing and the league will look the other way.

road kill
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
"At this point, what difference does it make???"

Lieing is OK now folks..............

Daniel J Simoens
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Problem is... they don't know how far back to go. The baseball HOF just elected nobody to the hall for the first time. How many members do you think were juiced already? Like John says, some of thes guys have been doing it forever. Guys I playe HS footbal with in 1976 were doing steroids... Got scholarships too. I didn't... pretty obvious too, 155 lb safety!

The SB this weekend will have juiced guys playing and the league will look the other way.

first time since 1996

just because you're small doesn't mean you aren't juicing. not calling you out specifically, just saying.

roseberry
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
tim,

correct, it may not be all using steroids, hgh etc. but did anyone watch the roger maris 61 documentary. to "settle his nerves" he chained smoked throughout the season. should the effects of the drugs in cigarettes disqualify his breaking ruth's single season hr record? he likely couldn't have done it without nicotene? what about amphetamines in sports? was anyone ever not elected into the baseball hof for using "greenies"?

i could not stand barry bonds when he was playing the last ten years of his career. i thought no one deserved to be that much better than everone else. i knew he used steroids but i also knew the majority of his opposition did too. tell me it was not electrifying when bonds comes up, tom glavine pitches away, away, away, away and gets to 2 and 2. he then throws a fastball(87 for glavine) inside and you watch the pitch get deeper and deeper almost in the mitt and as you felt, "tommy has him on the inside lookin'", that big taped knob on that tiny 33" bat pulls through like a bullet faster than anything you have ever seen before and knocks a dude out of a kayak in the bay. i gotta say, i loved that stuff!

what about this: if i ever have a nice dog and we're in the final series of an open and i am nervous......real nervous. i look over and about to get a dog out is say.....al arthur. before taking the dog out i see al get a big ol' dip of copenhagen. even though al has ben here hundreds of times, i think, boy i bet a big ol' dip of copenhagen sure would calm my nerves right now.....but since i am a big pu$$7 tobacco makes me throw up! should i feel al arthur used the effects of drugs to beat me that day?

what about this: say al and i are training together on monday and we get into poison ivy. al rubs on some calmine lotion but is so itchy he can't go to the trial that weekend. i go to the doc and get a medrol(sp) dose pack( steroids) and am able to travel and compete and win that weekend. should i be allowed to compete? did i get an advantage taking steroids?

road kill
01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
tim,

correct, it may not be all using steroids, hgh etc. but did anyone watch the roger maris 61 documentary. to "settle his nerves" he chained smoked throughout the season. should the effects of the drugs in cigarettes disqualify his breaking ruth's single season hr record? he likely couldn't have done it without nicotene? what about amphetamines in sports? was anyone ever not elected into the baseball hof for using "greenies"?

i could not stand barry bonds when he was playing the last ten years of his career. i thought no one deserved to be that much better than everone else. i knew he used steroids but i also knew the majority of his opposition did too. tell me it was not electrifying when bonds comes up, tom glavine pitches away, away, away, away and gets to 2 and 2. he then throws a fastball(87 for glavine) inside and you watch the pitch get deeper and deeper almost in the mitt and as you felt, "tommy has him on the inside lookin'", that big taped knob on that tiny 33" bat pulls through like a bullet faster than anything you have ever seen before and knocks a dude out of a kayak in the bay. i gotta say, i loved that stuff!

what about this: if i ever have a nice dog and we're in the final series of an open and i am nervous......real nervous. i look over and about to get a dog out is say.....al arthur. before taking the dog out i see al get a big ol' dip of copenhagen. even though al has ben here hundreds of times, i think, boy i bet a big ol' dip of copenhagen sure would calm my nerves right now.....but since i am a big pu$$7 tobacco makes me throw up! should i feel al arthur used the effects of drugs to beat me that day?

what about this: say al and i are training together on monday and we get into poison ivy. al rubs on some calmine lotion but is so itchy he can't go to the trial that weekend. i go to the doc and get a medrol(sp) dose pack( steroids) and am able to travel and compete and win that weekend. should i be allowed to compete? did i get an advantage taking steroids?

Are these tobacco products banned substances by the sanctioning body?

If so, you have a legitimate complaint.

On the other hand...................

Tom. P.
01-30-2013, 05:14 PM
L I enjoyed watching Lance as well as watching some ball player hit a ball a mile.But its the cheating that rubs me wrong.I Why not let them do all the enhancers they want to do but just call it what it is.It would make for some enjoyable entertainment. And now like some players in the NFL open up the possabilities for some hefty lawsuits!

mngundog
01-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Either playing football or murdering someone in a bar, perhaps both, then again maybe he's due to beat up a girlfriend, class act....:D

roseberry
01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Are these tobacco products banned substances by the sanctioning body?

If so, you have a legitimate complaint.

On the other hand...................

that is my point stan. i am not complaining about the use of these substances because i believe so many are on them the field was/is level. bonds was bonds with everyone taking, bonds would have been bonds with no one taking. same for armstrong!

i also don't feel there is difference in an athlete taking one performance enhancing substance versus another. i personally can't draw the line between the performance enhancements afforded one by caffiene, nicotene, amphet, steroids, testosterone, hgh, etc. i guess because most of this stuff is in our chicken and our kids are wayyyyy bigger than we were we should just ban chicken too!:(

it is a big bunch of hooey to pin cyclings culture on one villian and major league baseball's culture on a group of ten or so when it is all so much more pervasive.

road kill
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
that is my point stan. i am not complaining about the use of these substances because i believe so many are on them the field was/is level. bonds was bonds with everyone taking, bonds would have been bonds with no one taking. same for armstrong!

i also don't feel there is difference in an athlete taking one performance enhancing substance versus another. i personally can't draw the line between the performance enhancements afforded one by caffiene, nicotene, amphet, steroids, testosterone, hgh, etc. i guess because most of this stuff is in our chicken and our kids are wayyyyy bigger than we were we should just ban chicken too!:(

it is a big bunch of hooey to pin cyclings culture on one villian and major league baseball's culture on a group of ten or so when it is all so much more pervasive.
But stanazol is banned and an illegal substance, and they know that!

Copenhagen and Lucky's were not banned.

BTW---I don't care if they use.
Hank Aaron is the HR King, end of story!!!

mngundog
01-30-2013, 06:12 PM
But stanazol is banned and an illegal substance, and they know that!

Copenhagen and Lucky's were not banned.

BTW---I don't care if they use.
Hank Aaron is the HR King, end of story!!!
Amphetamines?

duk4me
01-30-2013, 09:57 PM

B

Be careful of what you say. there is a term, dang it escapes me, oh wait they call it slander. I happen to raise about 500k of those chickens a year and they have none of the substances you accuse us of using.

So roseberry glasses if you choose to appreciate cheaters knock yourself out but don't accuse me of doing something illegal that you approve of. If you continue to make false accusations it wouldn't be difficult to track you down and file suit. I ask where is your proof of what is being fed to my chickens?

mngundog
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM

Roseberry, please don't slander me, I have never fed my chickens caffeine, ever. :D

duk4me
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Roseberry, please don't slander me, I have never fed my chickens caffeine, ever. :D

LMAO that is funny.:)

roseberry
01-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Be careful of what you say. there is a term, dang it escapes me, oh wait they call it slander. I happen to raise about 500k of those chickens a year and they have none of the substances you accuse us of using.

So roseberry glasses if you choose to appreciate cheaters knock yourself out but don't accuse me of doing something illegal that you approve of. If you continue to make false accusations it wouldn't be difficult to track you down and file suit. I ask where is your proof of what is being fed to my chickens?

duk4,

i will no longer slander the chicken raising profession. since i consume 1/1000th of your annual output(fried obviously), please provide me with another reason to explain to my wife of why my belly is growing faster than sammy sosa's biceps did?:p

road kill
01-31-2013, 06:45 AM
Amphetamines?
Are you suggesting Aaron used amphetamines?
Do you have any proof?
Is this simply conjecture??

Just askin'...............

duk4me
01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't know about Aaron but Mays was widely known to use amphetamines.

huntinman
01-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Like John said... They are all using something... Hell... I read this morning that golfer Vijay Singh used the deer antler spray that Ray Lewis used. Golfers? It's all about the money.

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 08:20 AM
well the story now is " deer antler spray"....being a long time deer hunter, I wonder if they are actually using doe urine or doe estrus either of which are the most disgusting vile scents you never want to experience...

seriously the deer antler spray is the stuff that game biologists have been using for years to genetically alter these freaks at game farms across the country which produce freaks of nature, by stimulating excessive cell growth

any insinuations that Mays or Aaron cheated are false....they both possessed bodies sculpted by the almighty...Aaron wielded a bat that was only eclipsed by that of Richie Allen...Mays had it all, he was really the first player that would be considered a 5 tool player ..Mays and Aaron also had to face the likes of Koufax,Gibson,Marichal,Spahn,Drysdale, a dead ball and pitchers ball parks...Mays and Aaron didnt need to cheat they were that good....

huntinman
01-31-2013, 08:38 AM
well the story now is " deer antler spray"....being a long time deer hunter, I wonder if they are actually using doe urine or doe estrus either of which are the most disgusting vile scents you never want to experience...

seriously the deer antler spray is the stuff that game biologists have been using for years to genetically alter these freaks at game farms across the country which produce freaks of nature, by stimulating excessive cell growth

any insinuations that Mays or Aaron cheated are false....they both possessed bodies sculpted by the almighty...Aaron wielded a bat that was only eclipsed by that of Richie Allen...Mays had it all, he was really the first player that would be considered a 5 tool player ..Mays and Aaron also had to face the likes of Koufax,Gibson,Marichal,Spahn,Drysdale, a dead ball and pitchers ball parks...Mays and Aaron didnt need to cheat they were that good....

Don't forget Mickey... He did it for years with a hangover...and was still great...

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Don't forget Mickey... He did it for years with a hangover...and was still great...

remember Mickey's famous quote when people were gushing about Jose Canseco having 30HR seasons and stealing 30 bases..." if I'd known it was going to be that big a deal, I would have done it a couple of times"

On a personal note I got to meet the Mick when I lived in Dallas...I played golf with Mick Jr and one of Roger Maris' sons frequently...Mick Jr could hit a golf ball as far as John Daly, maybe farther....one day he asks if I can drive him to Preston Trail CC so I say of course...then he asks"do you want to meet my dad"....well you betcha...Mick was playing cards with some guys in the locker room at the club, was in total awe of meeting the man, one of the big thrills of my life

road kill
01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
remember Mickey's famous quote when people were gushing about Jose Canseco having 30HR seasons and stealing 30 bases..." if I'd known it was going to be that big a deal, I would have done it a couple of times"

On a personal note I got to meet the Mick when I lived in Dallas...I played golf with Mick Jr and one of Roger Maris' sons frequently...Mick Jr could hit a golf ball as far as John Daly, maybe farther....one day he asks if I can drive him to Preston Trail CC so I say of course...then he asks"do you want to meet my dad"....well you betcha...Mick was playing cards with some guys in the locker room at the club, was in total awe of meeting the man, one of the big thrills of my life

Did you shake hands with him????:shock:

huntinman
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM

That's what I'm talking about! Neat story Bon. When I was a teenager, I trained my little brother to be a switch hitter because of Mickey Mantle. I kept the poor kid out in the yard for hours hitting from both sides... He was maybe 5 at the time... By the time he got to little league, he would hit anything they threw... He probably hated me for making him do that at the time though.

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Did you shake hands with him????:shock:

well Hell Yes....and then he asks "...who won today ?, how much did you guys play for ? " ( I lost of course, but was worth every penny that day )

road kill
01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
well Hell Yes....and then he asks "...who won today ?, how much did you guys play for ? " ( I lost of course, but was worth every penny that day )

His hands were enormous!!!!

huntinman
01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
His hands were enormous!!!!

Like these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45192239@N08/6066852616/lightbox/

mngundog
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Are you suggesting Aaron used amphetamines?
Do you have any proof?
Is this simply conjecture??

Just askin'...............
I guess I don't have proof of anyone including Bonds, Clemens or Sosa. However what we do is look at some facts and draw some conclusions, Clemens and Bonds amazingly got better with age, and so did Aaron (who saw his best stats at HR% at age 39, and led the league in HR% at age 37,38, and 39). Wille May's own team mate said that Mays was an amphetamine user (and saw it in his locker), should accusations preclude someone from the HOF? What proof is needed? Just askin'..............

roseberry
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
the hammer was my early childhood sports idol and remains my favorite player. but if henry aaron and willie mays had still been in the negro leagues and thought this pill or that woulda helped them get to the bigs, i think they woulda ate 'em like skittles.

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 01:59 PM
I guess I don't have proof of anyone including Bonds, Clemens or Sosa. However what we do is look at some facts and draw some conclusions, Clemens and Bonds amazingly got better with age, and so did Aaron (who saw his best stats at HR% at age 39, and led the league in HR% at age 37,38, and 39). Willie May's own team mate said that Mays was an amphetamine user (and saw it in his locker), should accusations preclude someone from the HOF? What proof is needed? Just askin'..............

being an old BB card nerd in my schoolboy days...Aaron was the most consistent of the prolific HR hitters, I don't think he ever topped 50 in a season...I remember the night he hit 715 because he did it against my Dodgers with Al Downing on the hill, he hung a curve ball that didnt curve over the plate and Hank hit it over the left field fence

The proof is there on Bonds,Sosa and Clemens (used to be a huge fan)...its just not the type that holds up in court, but of course Lance Armstrong has taught us that passing a drug test no longer means that you werent taking PED's

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
the hammer was my early childhood sports idol and remains my favorite player. but if henry aaron and willie mays had still been in the negro leagues and thought this pill or that woulda helped them get to the bigs, i think they woulda ate 'em like skittles.

Could you imagine the size of the salaries a Mays or Aaron would command in todays world

I remember when Koufax and Drysdale held out together and got the first 100K contracts in MLB from the Dodgers

mngundog
01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
being an old BB card nerd in my schoolboy days...Aaron was the most consistent of the prolific HR hitters, I don't think he ever topped 50 in a season...I remember the night he hit 715 because he did it against my Dodgers with Al Downing on the hill, he hung a curve ball that didnt curve over the plate and Hank hit it over the left field fence

The proof is there on Bonds,Sosa and Clemens (used to be a huge fan)...its just not the type that holds up in court, but of course Lance Armstrong has taught us that passing a drug test no longer means that you werent taking PED's
Bon, Willie Mays teammate said Willie was a amphetamine user and he saw Willie with them, that is the same proof that is used against others in the steroid area. Aaron's HR totals seemed to compare along the lines of Harmon Killebrews however Killebrew's stats declined (like most players) as he aged, dropping off at age 35, Aaron (like Clemens and Bonds) got better.

BonMallari
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Bobby Bonds was a teammate of Willie Mays.....Mays is also the godfather of Barry Bonds....what is sad is that Barry didnt need to cheat, he was well on his way to a HOF career with the Pirates

Norse
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Is there a list of the things that Lance took and could I buy it at GNC as a cancer recovery kit?

BuddyJ
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
"At this point, what difference does it make???"

Lieing is OK now folks..............

They are just following the fine examples set by ALL of our political leaders

duk4me
02-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Well when it was reported that Sir Lance a shot, patch, cream, or pill might have opened up the possiblility of renewed criminal charges I was so happy. I was hoping he would share a cell with Bubba or Tyrone for a few years. Turns out ol Lance once again has proved smarter than the rest of us........statute of limitations has run out.

Of course not our Bubba. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.:razz:

Bubba
02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Shouldn't you be out choking a chicken or 2?

Population control regards

Bubba

duk4me
02-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Probably but right now I'm to busy grinding up deer antlers for Ray and the boys. When I finish with the antlers I'm gonna grind up chicken beaks and feet for afrodeeziacts for my Chinese friends.

roseberry
02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
duk4,
don't slander yourself..............lol

duk4me
02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
duk4,
don't slander yourself..............lol

John that is classic. Good job.:cool: