PDA

View Full Version : Hey Franco, what makes Ole Miss so attractive?

mngundog
02-06-2013, 12:34 PM
You watching this Franco, they must have some world class recruiters there.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/f3c16216bdb38e8167e90efb8a60466310755131.jpg

Franco
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Other than a beautiful campus and hot co-eds, their Headcoach is dynamic. A coach with an awesome future and a great recruiter. They landed a lot of #1's at positions.

Freeze was handpicked by Archie Manning.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1518476-ole-miss-football-recruiting-rebels-stacked-class-signals-bright-future-in-sec

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21641266/video-archie-manning-on-hugh-freeze-and-ole-miss-recruiting

mngundog
02-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Other than a beautiful campus and hot co-eds, their Headcoach is dynamic. A coach with an awesome future and a great recruiter. They landed a lot of #1's at positions.

Freeze was handpicked by Archie Manning.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1518476-ole-miss-football-recruiting-rebels-stacked-class-signals-bright-future-in-sec

That makes since. Simple amazing they can draw that type of talent after failing to win one conference game two seasons ago. Must have made one heck of changes in the beauty of the campus and hot co-eds in the last year. :D

http://tinyurl.com/agc4eqp

road kill
02-06-2013, 01:32 PM
That makes since. Simple amazing they can draw that type of talent after failing to win one conference game two seasons ago. Must have made one heck of changes in the beauty of the campus and hot co-eds in the last year. :D

http://tinyurl.com/agc4eqpI heard the payroll was increased substantially!!

DoubleHaul
02-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I am sure all of these guys are just big fans of William Faulkner :)

Franco
02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I've been to 8 or 9 SEC Campuses and the one in Oxford is without a doubt the most attractive. Ole Miss is going to be a force to deal with in the future. They have the coach and now they are getting the players.

In regards to recruiting, LSU didn't do too bad either. I'll be curious where they get ranked by Rivals. They did land the #1 DE in the nation.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/02/lsu_pulls_of_stunner_in_gettin.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Rivals ranking
Bama, Flordia LSU are 1, 3 & 5
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Looks like UGA is going to lose their DC to the NFL;-)

roseberry
02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
mn,

first, the dude with the hunerds is wearing a mississippi state shirt. confusing the two universities is a serious magnolia state mess up.

second, i gotta tell a story. it is 1986 and i am first year cpa at then ernst and whinney of the old "big 8". i have been working 90 hours/wk all through busy season and have just finished a huge audit and bring the working papers to our downtown memphis office. i am sitting at my cubicle doing some admin stuff i see the managing partner walk through the "staff room". i can tell he is looking for someone and i am the only person around. i snap to attention and stand to greet him. he shakes my hand firmly and says, "mccallie, i have a job for you tonight!" i am thinking, "great that's all i need, another 8 billable hours before midnight!" he continues, "tonight you are going to be the official representative of the worldwide public accounting firm, ernst and whinney at the "OLE MISS MOST BEAUTIFUL CONTEST".

"you will take the judges votes and scores, tabulate the totals, compute the placements and complete and seal the announcement card. you will put the card in your audit bag(a very large brief case), go onto the stage with the top five contestants, be introduced, unlock your audit bag and give the card to the show's host. then remain onstage for the presentation of the winner."

to this day i have no idea if the highest scoring young lady actually won or not. i was a very fast and accurate "ten key" adding machine operator in those days. but i am sitting there with five judges handing me scores for 50 ladies in eveningwear and yes, swim suit and my jaw is on the table. i tabulated the entire competition and never took my eyes off that stage. i never had another assignment as a cpa that even compared. UNBELIEVABLE, trust me! as a matter of fact, when the winner kissed me on the cheek i almost enrolled at u of mississippi for a doctorate in accounting.;-)

Franco
02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
mn,

first, the dude with the hunerds is wearing a mississippi state shirt. confusing the two universities is a serious magnolia state mess up.

second, i gotta tell a story. it is 1986 and i am first year cpa at then ernst and whinney of the old "big 8". i have been working 90 hours/wk all through busy season and have just finished a huge audit and bring the working papers to our downtown memphis office. i am sitting at my cubicle doing some admin stuff i see the managing partner walk through the "staff room". i can tell he is looking for someone and i am the only person around. i snap to attention and stand to greet him. he shakes my hand firmly and says, "mccallie, i have a job for you tonight!" i am thinking, "great that's all i need, another 8 billable hours before midnight!" he continues, "tonight you are going to be the official representative of the worldwide public accounting firm, ernst and whinney at the "OLE MISS MOST BEAUTIFUL CONTEST".

"you will take the judges votes and scores, tabulate the totals, compute the placements and complete and seal the announcement card. you will put the card in your audit bag(a very large brief case), go onto the stage with the top five contestants, be introduced, unlock your audit bag and give the card to the show's host. then remain onstage for the presentation of the winner."

to this day i have no idea if the highest scoring young lady actually won or not. i was a very fast and accurate "ten key" adding machine operator in those days. but i am sitting there with five judges handing me scores for 50 ladies in eveningwear and yes, swim suit and my jaw is on the table. i tabulated the entire competition and never took my eyes off that stage. i never had another assignment as a cpa that even compared. UNBELIEVABLE, trust me! as a matter of fact, when the winner kissed me on the cheek i almost enrolled at u of mississippi for a doctorate in accounting.;-)

And here I thought you were going to tell a story of going to a Bama game at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium when Eli was QBing.

Good story, hope you got the numbers right.;-)

Having worked in radio all these years, including Rock Radio, I've seen a few women in swimwear:D

DoubleHaul
02-07-2013, 08:21 AM
But do you still have your audit bag? They don't make briefcases like those old school Big Whatever audit bags any more.

I watched a show one night while traveling where they ranked the top places for football tailgating. Ole Miss won hands down.

rboudet
02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I've been to 8 or 9 SEC Campuses and the one in Oxford is without a doubt the most attractive. Ole Miss is going to be a force to deal with in the future. They have the coach and now they are getting the players.

In regards to recruiting, LSU didn't do too bad either. I'll be curious where they get ranked by Rivals. They did land the #1 DE in the nation.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/02/lsu_pulls_of_stunner_in_gettin.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Rivals ranking
Bama, Flordia LSU are 1, 3 & 5
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Looks like UGA is going to lose their DC to the NFL;-)

Ole Miss will have their 8-9 win seasons, like in the past, but, a force to be reckoned with? I don't know about that. Freeze will not be there long, one or two good seasons and he will get the offers from the schools with deeper pockets than the Black Bears.

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Ole Miss will have their 8-9 win seasons, like in the past, but, a force to be reckoned with? I don't know about that. Freeze will not be there long, one or two good seasons and he will get the offers from the schools with deeper pockets than the Black Bears.

Like who?? Once you have made a head coach in the SEC there is really nowhere else that can and will pay you better besides the NFL. I lived in Oxford for the four glourious years I was a student there and I have been to every SEC campus in the west and east conference. Why would he leave somewhere that they will only pay him more and more if he keeps winning and have 30,000 people worship you like a greek god. If he could pull a rabbit out of his hat and win the west, he would get a ridiculous offer to stay with all the alumni money that would pour in.

mngundog
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Like who?? Once you have made a head coach in the SEC there is really nowhere else that can and will pay you better besides the NFL. I lived in Oxford for the four glourious years I was a student there and I have been to every SEC campus in the west and east conference. Why would he leave somewhere that they will only pay him more and more if he keeps winning and have 30,000 people worship you like a greek god. If he could pull a rabbit out of his hat and win the west, he would get a ridiculous offer to stay with all the alumni money that would pour in.
That's funny, your confusing Ole Miss with Alabama, LSU, Florida..., no coach sees Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee... as an endgame, they see them as a stepping stone.

BonMallari
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM

There is life beyond the SEC...there are quite a few deep pocketed schools that pay their coaches as much if not more than those in the SEC

Top Three Average Coaches Pay per Conference in College Football
1. Big 12, $3 million
2. SEC, $2.7 million
3. Big Ten, $2.3 million
FBS average: $1.64 million
*averages are approximate.

Top 25 Highest Paid Coaches in Major College Football by Total Pay
1. Nick Saban, Alabama, SEC, $5,476,738
2. Mack Brown, Texas, Big 12, $5,353,750
3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, Big 12, $4,550,000
4. Urban Meyer, Ohio State, Big Ten, $4,300,000
5. Les Miles, LSU, SEC, $3,856,417
6. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa, Big Ten, $3,835,000
7. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina, SEC, $3,585,000
8. Gene Chizik, Auburn, SEC, $3,577,500
9. Chip Kelly, Oregon, Pac-12, $3,500,000
10. Gary Patterson, TCU, Big 12, $3,467,926
11. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State, Big 12, $3,275,000
12. Brady Hoke, Michigan, Big Ten, $3,046,120
13. Todd Graham, Arizona State, Pac-12, $3,000,000
14. Mark Richt, Georgia, SEC, $2,925,340
15. Bo Pelini, Nebraska, Big Ten, $2,875,000
16. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State, ACC, $2,750,000
17. Gary Pinkel, Missouri, SEC, $2,700,000
18. Bret Bielema, Wisconsin, Big Ten, $2,640,140
19. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State, SEC, $2,600,000
19. Jed Tedford, California, Pac-12, $2,600,000
21. Mike London, Virginia, ACC, $2,556,460
22. Charlie Weis, Kansas, Big 12, $2,500,000
23. Will Muschamp, Florida, SEC, $2,474,500
24. Larry Fedora, North Carolina, ACC, $2,448,605
25. Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech, ACC, $2,445,700

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
That's funny, your confusing Ole Miss with Alabama, LSU, Florida..., no coach sees Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee... as an endgame, they see them as a stepping stone.

Posts like this bring out the bad in me.. Who do you pull for??

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
There is life beyond the SEC...there are quite a few deep pocketed schools that pay their coaches as much if not more than those in the SEC

Top Three Average Coaches Pay per Conference in College Football
1. Big 12, $3 million
2. SEC, $2.7 million
3. Big Ten, $2.3 million
FBS average: $1.64 million
*averages are approximate.

Top 25 Highest Paid Coaches in Major College Football by Total Pay
1. Nick Saban, Alabama, SEC, $5,476,738
2. Mack Brown, Texas, Big 12, $5,353,750
3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, Big 12, $4,550,000
4. Urban Meyer, Ohio State, Big Ten, $4,300,000
5. Les Miles, LSU, SEC, $3,856,417
6. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa, Big Ten, $3,835,000
7. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina, SEC, $3,585,000
8. Gene Chizik, Auburn, SEC, $3,577,500
9. Chip Kelly, Oregon, Pac-12, $3,500,000
10. Gary Patterson, TCU, Big 12, $3,467,926
11. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State, Big 12, $3,275,000
12. Brady Hoke, Michigan, Big Ten, $3,046,120
13. Todd Graham, Arizona State, Pac-12, $3,000,000
14. Mark Richt, Georgia, SEC, $2,925,340
15. Bo Pelini, Nebraska, Big Ten, $2,875,000
16. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State, ACC, $2,750,000
17. Gary Pinkel, Missouri, SEC, $2,700,000
18. Bret Bielema, Wisconsin, Big Ten, $2,640,140
19. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State, SEC, $2,600,000
19. Jed Tedford, California, Pac-12, $2,600,000
21. Mike London, Virginia, ACC, $2,556,460
22. Charlie Weis, Kansas, Big 12, $2,500,000
23. Will Muschamp, Florida, SEC, $2,474,500
24. Larry Fedora, North Carolina, ACC, $2,448,605
25. Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech, ACC, $2,445,700

Bon, is that base salary?

BonMallari
02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Bon, is that base salary?

it says total pay...but you and I know there are other things to sweeten the pot...Barry Alvarez got a bonus for coaching in a BCS game, there are coaches TV shows, clothing contracts etc.....its somewhat disturbing that Mack Brown is the highest paid state employee in Texas

also the above figures were for 2012, there are a few that have negotiated higher salaries like Miles at LSU, and obviously those like Chizik who were fired

mngundog
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Posts like this bring out the bad in me.. Who do you pull for??

The flaw is your theory is you believe that all SEC teams are regarded on the same level and clearly they are not. Lane Kiffon was worshiped like a god and the second USC called he couldn't pack his bags fast enough and who could blame him, a football school vs a women's basketball school.

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
The flaw is your theory is you believe that all SEC teams are regarded on the same level and clearly they are not. Lane Kiffon was worshiped like a god and the second USC called he couldn't pack his bags fast enough and who could blame him, a football school vs a women's basketball school.

That is not my theory. Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi State are the weakest links in the SEC. I believe in the next three years, people will be talking Ole Miss as a major SEC West contender. Your Lane Kiffin theroy holds no water. Lane Kiffin is a tool and doesn't deserve to coach pee wee. This conversation will go nowhere with me. I am an Ole Miss fan no matter what type of season we are having and I will always believe the next year will be better than the last, so unless you went to an opposing SEC school, or reside in the SEC conference this conversation is useless. Hotty Toddy ;)

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 03:48 PM
it says total pay...but you and I know there are other things to sweeten the pot...Barry Alvarez got a bonus for coaching in a BCS game, there are coaches TV shows, clothing contracts etc.....its somewhat disturbing that Mack Brown is the highest paid state employee in Texas

also the above figures were for 2012, there are a few that have negotiated higher salaries like Miles at LSU, and obviously those like Chizik who were fired

I watched the Texas vs. Ole Miss game this year, and Mack Brown earned his salary that night. I think you will see a large jump in salary in the next couple years for A&M's coach and Freeze's salary if they both have good years this coming year.

mngundog
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
That is not my theory. Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi State are the weakest links in the SEC. I believe in the next three years, people will be talking Ole Miss as a major SEC West contender. Your Lane Kiffin theroy holds no water. Lane Kiffin is a tool and doesn't deserve to coach pee wee. This conversation will go nowhere with me. I am an Ole Miss fan no matter what type of season we are having and I will always believe the next year will be better than the last, so unless you went to an opposing SEC school, or reside in the SEC conference this conversation is useless. Hotty Toddy ;)
I believe people will be talking about Ole Miss for the next three years also, heck people still talk about SMU.

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
I believe people will be talking about Ole Miss for the next three years also, heck people still talk about SMU.

Fella, is that the only picture you have? I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this.. If this is your only leg to stand on in this debate, I might would try to make a deal with a pirate. And at least he had it right, Oxford IS the best place I've ever been as well.

roseberry
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Lane Kiffin is a tool and doesn't deserve to coach pee wee. Hotty Toddy ;)

jake, give poor little lane a break. the punk just fired his own daddy, you know he is still upset about it.

mn, kiffin was never a deity at ut. he had a couple of nice recruiting classes and got slapped around. he ran from the sec at his first opportunity.(urban meyer did the same thing) kiffin knew he would never be a man that could compete consistently for an sec title. tennessee is not a second tier program historically in my opinion. they will be back.

rboudet
02-07-2013, 04:27 PM

Sorry but if you think Ole Miss can pay the salaries Ala, LSU, Fl, GA and for the most part Ark. you are wrong. Did you say 30,000? LSU and Bama gets those numbers at a spring game. Ole Miss is a great school and beautiful campus and like I said they will get the occasional 9 win season but I dont see them ever beating LSU and Bama in the same season. If it wasnt for some inside deals (not saying illegal) with brothers and friends of recruits already there no one would be talking about the Black Bears. Yes they have some wealthy alum, but not the numbers LSU, Bama and Fla not to mention these schools can pay the top dollars without Alum putting up money. Worry about winning the Egg Bowl not the West

mngundog
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Fella, is that the only picture you have? I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this.. If this is your only leg to stand on in this debate, I might would try to make a deal with a pirate. And at least he had it right, Oxford IS the best place I've ever been as well.
Look at the photo again, not the hundred dollar bills, not the ring, check out the two homely looking co-eds that would be considered about a 4 on most campuses, that's the evidence, Ole Miss got one of the best recruiting classes in the country using ugly chicks alone? Not possible.:D

roseberry
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Roseberry in all honesty is Ole Miss a second tier program?

i refuse to answer on the grounds that my new friend jake may not invite me to his spot in "the grove" at some future game!:cool:

Jacob Hawkes
02-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Well I'll start off by saying it's not uncommon for The Ridgerunners to pull a few elite recruits from time to time. I get that they "Turned it around" last year & Johnny Reb is no longer crying. I'm glad to have Ole Miss as a relevant team. Beside it being a rivalry & tradition, there is no reason why Ole Miss should make a game against LSU year after year. They do despite the fact that the superior team resides in The BR. All that said, you're Ole Miss. The same fan base that ran David Cutcliffe out of town for not winning a BCS Champ with Eli. Your team may have a couple good years in a 5 or 6 year span, but there is no staying power. Oxford is nice & the breeding quality is certainly up there. Now enjoy your recruits, the rest of The SEC upper echelon has more than a few. So enjoy your bowl win, watch the replay of the ESPN segment on Ole Miss's past, bring out your fine china in The Grove, have your females get dressed up all pretty like, but @ the end of the day, Hotty Toddy is an afterthought to Geaux Tigers!!!!

duk4me
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM

I would say Missisippi has changed.

mngundog
02-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this..
Alright, BYU go for it. :D

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 06:06 PM
i refuse to answer on the grounds that my new friend jake may not invite me to his spot in "the grove" at some future game!:cool:

Feel free to answer. As long as you don't have a pile of Alabama gear on when you get there, you are more than welcome in our tent. As to the question, I feel we have been a second tier team for the longest time but I think that will change in the next few years. It wasn't that long ago we came into the season ranked #4 in the nation. Although it was short-lived, it was fun while it lasted.

achiro
02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Someone needs to explain the ring to me.

Franco
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Be thankful for SEC Baseball! It helps me keep my sports fix until Labor Day weekend. Aaron Nola, remember that name;)

NCAA Football needs a fulltime Satellite channel much like NFL Radio.

Man, the SEC is loaded with talent again! In the East; Florida, Georgia, S Carolina. In the West; Alabama, LSU, T A&M, Ole Miss.

Doesn't get any better than this:D

duk4me
02-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Be thankful for SEC Baseball! It helps me keep my sports fix until Labor Day weekend. Aaron Nola, remember that name;)

Man, the SEC is loaded with talent again! In the East; Florida, Georgia, S Carolina. In the West; Alabama, LSU, T A&M, Ole Miss.

Do you have to sell your soul to the devil to join the Sin Equals Championship? A and M couldn't recruit a 2A Texas high schooler and now they have a Hindlick winner and the best recruiting class in the nation. That vodoo ya'll do is scaring me.:-P

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Get a football team, then we will talk..

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM

Franco, I'll be in Baton Rouge for the May series when the Rebels roll in. Going to be a good weekend for sure. LSU has an amazing baseball complex.

BrettG
02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
All this recruiting class means is ole miss will be on probation shortly.

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 07:33 PM
All this recruiting class means is ole miss will be on probation shortly.

Probation for???

duk4me
02-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Probation for???

Google SMU, Dickerson, and James.:razz:

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Well I'll start off by saying it's not uncommon for The Ridgerunners to pull a few elite recruits from time to time. I get that they "Turned it around" last year & Johnny Reb is no longer crying. I'm glad to have Ole Miss as a relevant team. Beside it being a rivalry & tradition, there is no reason why Ole Miss should make a game against LSU year after year. They do despite the fact that the superior team resides in The BR. All that said, you're Ole Miss. The same fan base that ran David Cutcliffe out of town for not winning a BCS Champ with Eli. Your team may have a couple good years in a 5 or 6 year span, but there is no staying power. Oxford is nice & the breeding quality is certainly up there. Now enjoy your recruits, the rest of The SEC upper echelon has more than a few. So enjoy your bowl win, watch the replay of the ESPN segment on Ole Miss's past, bring out your fine china in The Grove, have your females get dressed up all pretty like, but @ the end of the day, Hotty Toddy is an afterthought to Geaux Tigers!!!!

I respect your SEC knowledge and I'm glad you respect the rivalry as much as I do. See you guys come November in Oxford.

Franco
02-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Franco, I'll be in Baton Rouge for the May series when the Rebels roll in. Going to be a good weekend for sure. LSU has an amazing baseball complex.

I plan my business trips to RB around their schedule. I'll try and make the Rebels game and PM when I do.

Jacob Hawkes
02-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I respect your SEC knowledge and I'm glad you respect the rivalry as much as I do. See you guys come November in Oxford.

Yeah buddy. Until then, there is baseball & crawfish season. I just have to make it out of lil Mexico to boil some. As much as I talk crap about MS, it's miles better than south TX. :barf::barf::barf::barf:

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 08:05 PM
I plan my business trips to RB around their schedule. I'll try and make the Rebels game and PM when I do.

Sounds good to me pal

Jake McNeese
02-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeah buddy. Until then, there is baseball & crawfish season. I just have to make it out of lil Mexico to boil some. As much as I talk crap about MS, it's miles better than south TX. :barf::barf::barf::barf:

Yeah man we had our first boil of the year this past weekend. A little early, but they were top notch. And I haven't ever found much I have liked or could tolerate from south TX

duk4me
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM

Please Please get the hell out of Texas. You remind me of luvalab sometimes.....go home.:razz:

Franco
02-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah man we had our first boil of the year this past weekend. A little early, but they were top notch. And I haven't ever found much I have liked or could tolerate from south TX

Is Nuevo Larado in south Texas? They've got some damn good fried frog legs and Margaritas at the Cadillac Bar.

huntinman
02-08-2013, 07:27 AM

I don't know about South TX... But I found a feisty TX tornado from north Texas... Still married to her. She's put up with my dogs and hunting affliction all these years.

mngundog
02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Get a football team, then we will talk..
Still waiting on the photo you promised. :D

Jacob Hawkes
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Please Please get the hell out of Texas. You remind me of luvalab sometimes.....go home.:razz:

What's a luvalab?

I don't know about South TX... But I found a feisty TX tornado from north Texas... Still married to her. She's put up with my dogs and hunting affliction all these years.

That's great & what it's all about.

Corpus Christi is atrocious.

roseberry
02-08-2013, 10:43 AM
all i want to know is........why does this thread have five stars????????????????

because u of miss got a five star recuit?
because as duk4 highlighted, acceptance of interracial cheek kissing in miss has changed?
because a dude with a grill got a wad of hunerds?
because i was at a beauty pageant when BIG HAIR was the thing?
because we determined ol' miss aint lsu or bama?

why five stars for this?

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Smart man. I got one from Arkansas, so she was used to the duck hunting and dogs when she came around. It's nice to have one that tolerates all the absense chasing ducks and standing beside a dog.

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
all i want to know is........why does this thread have five stars????????????????

because u of miss got a five star recuit?
because as duk4 highlighted, acceptance of interracial cheek kissing in miss has changed?
because a dude with a grill got a wad of hunerds?
because i was at a beauty pageant when BIG HAIR was the thing?
because we determined ol' miss aint lsu or bama?

why five stars for this?

Gotta be the Big Hair

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Still waiting on the photo you promised. :D

no picture needed:
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45gdk/6-minnesota-golden-gophers/

Does Minnesota even have another football team besides this?

mjh345
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
no picture needed:

Your link lists Ohio State as being worse than Minnesota; last time I checked they were the only undefeated team in the BCS

roseberry
02-08-2013, 11:43 AM
jake, ol' miss was number 2 worst on the list.

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
jake, ol' miss was number 2 worst on the list.

I know John,

I'm just funning this guy a little. I know we aren't the best around but I can't help the urge to poke fun and pick at people about college football. I'm sure he is just as proud of his Golden Gophers as I am of my beloved Rebels. Even though, we all know that Ole Miss would spank Minnesota up and down the hashes.. :p

mngundog
02-08-2013, 02:05 PM
no picture needed:

You just may my day, I never even knew MN had a team until now and I come to find out it isn't as disgraceful as Ole Miss.
Now you said you could find a pic of a BYU football player disgracing himself and his college, time to put up or shut up.:D

BonMallari
02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
You just may my day, I never even knew MN had a team until now and I come to find out it isn't as disgraceful as Ole Miss.
Now you said you could find a pic of a BYU football player disgracing himself and his college, time to put up or shut up.:D

remember QB Jim McMahon.....they dont mention him much or have his picture hanging up at Lavelle Edwards stadium, at least last time when I drove thru Provo, he pretty much is persona non grata at BYU

mngundog
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
remember QB Jim McMahon.....they dont mention him much or have his picture hanging up at Lavelle Edwards stadium, at least last time when I drove thru Provo, he pretty much is persona non grata at BYU
How could I forget him he was a Viking's QB before we sent him Stan's way, talk about a guy who could play with pain.

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM

So you are saying that picture disgraces Treadwell and my college? Reasoning?

mngundog
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
So you are saying that picture disgraces Treadwell and my college? Reasoning?
If you don't understand now you never will. Now where is that pic you promised?:D

Jake McNeese
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
If you don't understand now you never will. Now where is that pic you promised?:D

I won't get into a debate on how my school has changed in the past years (things I am not proud of or believe should change) with changing chancellors and the way things are now, but I will say i'm proud of the football coaching staff and what they have accomplished in a year. And i'm working on your picture :p

duk4me
02-11-2013, 10:24 PM
What's a luvalab?

That's great & what it's all about.

Corpus Christi is atrocious.

Oh crap my apologies luvalab isn't the handle I intended to refer to. The person I was refering to is a nameless RTF person that lives in a country she despises and constantly rails against it while she makes a living in that country.

Again my apologies to luvalab.

Franco
02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Just when the nonSEC fans thought this thread might die...LSU hires Cam Cameron as their OC!:D

It was about time Miles brought in some qualified help for the O. I didn't realize that the two had coached together under whats-his-name at Michigan.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/02/15/les-miles-lsu-cam-cameron-offensive-coordinator/1923355/