PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Nemo?

Tom. P.
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM
So we turn on the Weather channel and that was the headline! "Tracking Nemo" Thought for a second we turned on the Disney channel and was gonna watch a movie about a fish! But no! Its the snowstorm of the Millinium wreaking havoc on Humanity. Its just a snowstorm for cripesake.The world will never be the same!

Daniel J Simoens
02-08-2013, 05:34 PM
the peoples on either coast have always been over dramatic. we fly over states just take it in stride.

Tom. P.
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I suppose when the normal winters in our parts of the world have usually dropped snowfall by the foot, perhaps I do become callous about weather on thecoast.

Uncle Bill
02-09-2013, 01:04 PM
It's where the MSP resides. They can't see beyond out their own windows. And, besides, they only comment on problems that cause their own ox to be gored. It's called hypocrisy 101. It's what's to be expected when you see what the so-called institutes of higher learning are sending out into this world. It's just what will continue from the brainwashed elitists...not a damned bone of common sense in their pathetic minds.

UB

Gerry Clinchy
02-09-2013, 05:14 PM
We had some brutal storms in 94 and 95, and we all did survive.

150class
02-09-2013, 05:17 PM
when did we start naming snow storms??

Tom. P.
02-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Think they started naming winter storms this year.To Freak out Everybody!

HPL
02-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I suppose that weathering that type of storm in an urban setting could be pretty unpleasant. Kind of enjoy seeing the NYC crowd take a beating though.

mngundog
02-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I suppose that weathering that type of storm in an urban setting could be pretty unpleasant. Kind of enjoy seeing the NYC crowd take a beating though.
I thought just the opposite, snowed in your home where food, water, shelter and medical help is within walking distance doesn't seem that unpleasant depending on your company.

HPL
02-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I thought just the opposite, snowed in your home where food, water, shelter and medical help is within walking distance doesn't seem that unpleasant depending on your company.

I was thinking more about how many urbanites seem to react once the system breaks down, so not so much snowed in cozy and comfy as huddled in the dark, no power, no phone, perhaps no running water, clutching my AR 15 (oops, I forgot, almost no nice people with guns in NYC), clutching my baseball bat, and being very quiet in order not to attract attention.