PDA

View Full Version : Traning collar Batteries- lost range

David Donovan
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
I have a Sportdog 400 training collar . Just discovered that it does not have a range of over ten feet. The collar and transmitter show a complete charge. Could this be a function of the batteries? The collar is 2 1/2 yrs old.
I don't want to buy batteries @$60.00 if that's not the problem.
Thank you!

mjh345
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Problem is most likely not the batteries; it is probably because Sportdog sells CRAP

BAYDOG
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Problem is most likely not the batteries; it is probably because Sportdog sells CRAP

Yup, they are notorious for way under the advertised range. And you'll be lucky if they hold a charge for more then a day!

Steve Weaver
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I would call Sport Dog. Have your collar and transmiter with you when you call. Sport Dod will try to diagnos over the phone. You have a lifetime warranty I believe. I have had a couple of recievers replaced by them at minimal cost. I think $20.

lailacoopers
02-26-2013, 06:48 AM
I used Dogtra IQ Yard Remote Trainer Collars for small dogs and it has a 400 yard range with rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. This collar is very convenient and easy to use.

Henryk
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
The batteries are easy to use in dog collars and designed to provide a long charge life. "Fortunately, Ni-Mh batteries are not bothered by the "memory" problems that plagued some of the older rechargeable battery types. Lithium ION batteries are also used in several of the newer training collar systems"