View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul Comes Clean In Interview

Franco
02-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Rand comes clean at 10:15 into the interview. Also calls Rubio a Democrat:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHH2rSZvLPA&feature=youtu.be
Fox interview by Chris Wallace

Dan Storts
02-17-2013, 09:42 PM
I agree with Walker, Martinez, West or Lee as his running mate. To add a twist, announce them before the Iowa or at least before Super Tuesday to add a twist to the primary. This has never happened but he is just the type of person to try this crazy idea.

Franco
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
I agree with Walker, Martinez, West or Lee as his running mate. To add a twist, announce them before the Iowa or at least before Super Tuesday to add a twist to the primary. This has never happened but he is just the type of person to try this crazy idea.

I don't think the Repub Party is ready for Rand.

"“I would absolutely not run unless it were to win,” Sen. Paul replied. “Points have been made, and we we will continue to make points. But I think the country is really ready for the narrative coming — the libertarian Republican narrative.”
"

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/12710-rand-paul-the-country-ready-for-the-libertarian-republican-narrative

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/65986_10151329451549952_509966512_n.jpg
And although he spoke at the RNC (http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-not-mad-at-eastwood-i-m-a-huge-fan), Eastwood complained about the Republican party, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors." In fact, he accused both sides of runaway spending. He said when he started voting he registered Republican because their values were what he believes in, mostly the views that Libertarians hold now.

Franco
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Rand Paul on Wolf Blizer, "Sequester is a Pittance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrFOQyFsHU

huntinman
02-20-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think the Repub Party is ready for Rand.

"“I would absolutely not run unless it were to win,” Sen. Paul replied. “Points have been made, and we we will continue to make points. But I think the country is really ready for the narrative coming — the libertarian Republican narrative.”
"

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/12710-rand-paul-the-country-ready-for-the-libertarian-republican-narrative

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/65986_10151329451549952_509966512_n.jpg
And although he spoke at the RNC (http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-not-mad-at-eastwood-i-m-a-huge-fan), Eastwood complained about the Republican party, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors." In fact, he accused both sides of runaway spending. He said when he started voting he registered Republican because their values were what he believes in, mostly the views that Libertarians hold now.

So now anyone who utters the word "Libertarian" is a Libertarian Republican??? :rolleyes: You are really grasping at straws.

Franco
02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
So now anyone who utters the word "Libertarian" is a Libertarian Republican??? :rolleyes: You are really grasping at straws.

It is what Clint says it is. Eastwood's complaints about the Republicans is what many Americans are feeling! And yes, he is a Libertarian Republican.

road kill
02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Franco has invented a new party.....the "Libertarian-Republicans."

"This too shall pass."

Franco
02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Maybe Clint will do an "empty chair' skit on the GOP establishment.

Hide or deny the surging tide of the Libertarian movement all you want.

huntinman
02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Maybe Clint will do an "empty chair' skit on the GOP establishment.

Hide or deny the surging tide of the Libertarian movement all you want.

from .9% to 1% of the vote in four years?? A virtual Tsunami...

Franco
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
from .9% to 1% of the vote in four years?? A virtual Tsunami...

As with most political changes, it starts on Campus before moving to older folks.
http://www.dailycampus.com/commentary/libertarian-ideas-growing-strong-in-american-political-culture-1.2891461

Then the older folks start to realize they are being had by the Repubs and Dems
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/05/libertarian-party-growing-and-beating-trends/

huntinman
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
As with most political changes, it starts on Campus before moving to older folks.
http://www.dailycampus.com/commentary/libertarian-ideas-growing-strong-in-american-political-culture-1.2891461

Then the older folks start to realize they are being had by the Repubs and Dems
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/05/libertarian-party-growing-and-beating-trends/

If that's the case why do you keep trying to ride on the coattail of the Republicans?

Franco
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
If that's the case why do you keep trying to ride on the coattail of the Republicans?

As I explained some time ago, the Libertarian Party has a three pronged plan to grow the movement.

1 To support Libertarian Repubs and Dems through the Liberty Pack.
2 To grow the movement on campus
3 To grow the Libertarian Party by attracting disenfranchised traditional Conservatives and liberty loving Dems.

It has to be this way because of the two party monopoly with the press/media including the debates.

Right now, Sen Rand Paul is our biggest voice and if he hadn't run as a Repub, his voice would never be heard!

Gerry Clinchy
02-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Rand's bill to cut spending ... makes too much sense (from National Review)

Not only is Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) calling out (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341338/paul-obamas-sequester-scares-balderdash-its-untrue-unfair-dishonest-disingenuous-andre) the Obama administration’s “dishonest” doom-mongering on the sequester, he also put forward his own plan, released today, to replace the impending cuts with alternative savings, and to do so “without layoffs,” according to a release from the senator’s office.Paul’s bill would reduce federal spending by more than $85 billion annually by directing the government to:
Stop Hiring New Federal Employees ($6.5 billion per year)
More than 60,000 people left the federal workforce in 2011. This provision would end the practice of hiring new employees to replace them.
Bring Federal-Employee Pay in Line with Private Jobs ($32 billion per year)
The Congressional Budget Office estimates that federal-employee compensation is 16 percent higher compared with the private sector. This provision would reduce federal salaries to a more commensurate level.
Reduce Federal-Employee Travel by 25 Percent ($2.25 billion per year)
The federal government spends about $9 billion on travel, according to the General Services Administration, which ironically was the center of a recent scandal (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/1/gsa-scandal-widens-dozens-conferences-investigated/?page=all) for its exorbitant spending on travel and conference costs. Paul bill’s would rein in such expenses.
Focus Military Research on Military Needs ($6 billion per year)
Paul’s office cites research from Senator Tom Coburn (R., Okla.), which found that the Defense Department spent $6 billion on research that had little or nothing to do with military needs.
Require Competitive Bidding for Government Contracts ($19 billion per year)
This provision would repeal prevailing-wage requirements under which employees are often paid higher wages to work on federal projects, and end the practice of awarding federal contracts without a competitive bidding process to ensure the government is contracting work at the lowest price possible.
Cut 50 Percent of Foreign Aid ($20 billion per year)
It is consistently one of the only portions of the budget Americans actually want to cut (http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/22/as-sequester-deadline-looms-little-support-for-cutting-most-programs/).

Gerry Clinchy
02-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Can anyone figure out why Rand voted yes to confirming Hagel?

M&K's Retrievers
02-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Can anyone figure out why Rand voted yes to confirming Hagel?

Franco told him to.

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 08:40 AM
"There are many things I disagree with Chuck Hagel on, there are many things I disagree with John Kerry on, there are very few things I agree with the president on, but the president gets to choose political appointees," Senator Rand Paul said.

Marvin S
02-27-2013, 09:55 AM
"There are many things I disagree with Chuck Hagel on, there are many things I disagree with John Kerry on, there are very few things I agree with the president on, but the president gets to choose political appointees," Senator Rand Paul said.

Most folks would call that weaseling - there is no requirement for any one to approve someone else's choices :rolleyes:.

huntinman
02-27-2013, 10:45 AM

Yep... Justifying a typical Republican cave in. He's more Republican than you and Franco thought;-)

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 11:23 AM
well, Rand was in a catch 22 with this decision. There wasn't a clear right or wrong vote in my opinion. The main reason why the repubs dont like hagel is because he questioned karl rove, emperor Bush, and our influence with israel (which rand also quesions). I cannot fault him for this, but it will look bad for Rand with some of the republican base. I think this is a non issue and hope he grills brennan soon.

road kill
02-27-2013, 11:29 AM
well, Rand was in a catch 22 with this decision. There wasn't a clear right or wrong vote in my opinion. The main reason why the repubs dont like hagel is because he questioned karl rove, emperor Bush, and our influence with israel (which rand also quesions). I cannot fault him for this, but it will look bad for Rand with some of the republican base. I think this is a non issue and hope he grills brennan soon.
Rationalization=the second strongest human drive.

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Rationalization=the second strongest human drive.

Some call it rationalization, others call it critical thinking. Is Rand perfect, no. If i was in his position would i have voted for hagel? probably. I don't see how this vote ruins his "street cred"

road kill
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Some call it rationalization, others call it critical thinking. Is Rand perfect, no. If i was in his position would i have voted for hagel? probably. I don't see how this vote ruins his "street cred"

"Street Cred?"
What does that have to do with the mantra having been preached here that the Pauls are true to their convictions, setting them apart from the rest?

Same old same old.

huntinman
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM

A man has to stand for something or he will fall for anything.

Once you start making excuses and rationalizing, it's easier to do it the next time...

Don't stand up on National TV talking tough if you are going to fold like a cheap suit. Just go ahead and fold right from the start.

By the way... Pres Bush... He's been retired for going on five years. Rove? Who cares about him? What good did his PAC do during the election...

Franco
02-27-2013, 12:01 PM

Rand knows how to pick his battles. Besides, Hagel is hated by the NeoCons that love military intervention and that goes against Rand's Libertarian core. His big fight will be with Brennan who supports drone attacks on US citizens.

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Easy easy, pump the brakes. Aren't you the ones that supported Romney and rationalized like it was your patriotic duty a few months ago. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black. I mentioned rove and bush because hagel went against the republican establishment and they did not forget. We all make excuses for folks we want to like. I could make more to rationalize this but it is worthless. I still think this is a non issue.

And don't quote Aaron Tippin to a guy who lives in the area he was born and raised, its kinda insulting:D

Franco
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Easy easy, pump the brakes. Aren't you the ones that supported Romney and rationalized like it was your patriotic duty a few months ago. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black. I mentioned rove and bush because hagel went against the republican establishment and they did not forget. We all make excuses for folks we want to like. I could make more to rationalize this but it is worthless. I still think this is a non issue.

And don't quote Aaron Tippin to a guy who lives in the area he was born and raised, its kinda insulting:D

I thought that was a John Mellencamp lyric from his Scarecrow CD.

Rand was the most outspoken member of the Senate to speak out against the sale of F16's and Abaram tanks to Egypt. A move supported by the military contractors lobbyist and the Congressmen that they own in both Parties!

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Maybe, but it reminded me of tippin playing his guitar with his mullet and trash stache, see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

huntinman
02-27-2013, 12:49 PM

It's where I was born and raised as well...;-). Got folks from Bluffton/Hilton Head to Myrtle Beach, Columbia and Greenville. Pretty much have the state covered. Dad went to Clemson, I went to Carolina

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Haha, yeah i remembered you had roots around here. I live my life by WWTD, what would tippin do?

huntinman
02-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Haha, yeah i remembered you had roots around here. I live my life by WWTD, what would tippin do?

Can't go wrong there...

mngundog
02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
A man has to stand for something or he will fall for anything.

Once you start making excuses and rationalizing, it's easier to do it the next time...

Don't stand up on National TV talking tough if you are going to fold like a cheap suit. Just go ahead and fold right from the start.

By the way... Pres Bush... He's been retarded for going on fifty years. Rove? Who cares about him? What good did his PAC do during the election...
Fixed it for you.:D

road kill
02-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Fixed it for you.:D

Classy!!:cool:

Dan Storts
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Rand knows how to pick his battles. Besides, Hagel is hated by the NeoCons that love military intervention and that goes against Rand's Libertarian core. His big fight will be with Brennan who supports drone attacks on US citizens.

Brennan's drone attacks on US citizens? This is a tight rope which he should not try to walk. US soil there is a problem, it is a simple no, but the American public has tunnel vision. FDR had put Japanese American's in camps during WWII with no just cause.

If i am a Democrat my response. Do you want to have a American citizen on foreign soil, planning attacks on America, and meeting with terrorists? Allow them all to escape and carry out the attack killing thousands maybe millions. (You always have to put the pie in the sky)

Where surveys done, in different cities of Germany, to make sure there were no Americans before bombing? How about the cities in Japan before the A bomb was dropped? NO

Franco
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Brennan's drone attacks on US citizens? This is a tight rope which he should not try to walk. US soil there is a problem, it is a simple no, but the American public has tunnel vision. FDR had put Japanese American's in camps during WWII with no just cause.

If i am a Democrat my response. Do you want to have a American citizen on foreign soil, planning attacks on America, and meeting with terrorists? Allow them all to escape and carry out the attack killing thousands maybe millions. (You always have to put the pie in the sky)

Where surveys done, in different cities of Germany, to make sure there were no Americans before bombing? How about the cities in Japan before the A bomb was dropped? NO

John Bolton use the example of the Confederate soldiers killed in the Northern War of Agression.

Though drone attacks may be a good thing now, who is to stop the potential for abuse in the future? I have no problem killing anyone planning any type of attack on our citizens. It is down the road where this can be abused. I don't like the deviation away from The Constitution as it has been trampled by both the Dems and Repubs in the past and present. If we are to have these kind of Drones attacks, then there needs to be some kind of checks and balance to prevent abuse.

mudminnow
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Dropping bombs in Germany and the A bomb in Japan changed our military forever. It is now ok for us to bomb civilian sites and civilian casualties are "collateral damage". This is a dangerous and an immoral path our country is going down. I think that sudying the effectiveness of drone use is important too. We hear about them when they kill someone high ranking but what we don't hear is the innocent loss of life caused by them. Should americans be killed by drone strikes anywhere? NO! absolutely not, never. No president should be given the power to take the life of a citizen for any reason. There is no difference whether it is in america or yemen. Al-alwaki was an american citizen who taught that attacks against civilians are wrong, we started spying on him and denying his constitutional rights and he left for the ME and became more Anti-american. Yes suicide bombers attended his meetings and he may have helped with their travel, but his death should have been decided by a court not a president over breakfast. Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill.

huntinman
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Dropping bombs in Germany and the A bomb in Japan changed our military forever. It is now ok for us to bomb civilian sites and civilian casualties are "collateral damage". This is a dangerous and an immoral path our country is going down. I think that sudying the effectiveness of drone use is important too. We hear about them when they kill someone high ranking but what we don't hear is the innocent loss of life caused by them. Should americans be killed by drone strikes anywhere? NO! absolutely not, never. No president should be given the power to take the life of a citizen for any reason. There is no difference whether it is in america or yemen. Al-alwaki was an american citizen who taught that attacks against civilians are wrong, we started spying on him and denying his constitutional rights and he left for the ME and became more Anti-american. Yes suicide bombers attended his meetings and he may have helped with their travel, but his death should have been decided by a court not a president over breakfast. Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill.

When he joined the terrorists in their Jihad on America, he gave up his right as an American in my opinion.

The the other terrorist don't need an excuse to hate us... It comes naturally... They cheer in the streets when Americans die.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi and every dollar of unemployment creates $1.73 in the economy?

Franco
02-27-2013, 06:04 PM

That sentence says it all. Foreign Policy was the scariest aspect of a Romney Presidency. Not only are we growing Islamic terrorism with our Forign Poicy, we are going broke doing so. Not to mention that we have upset the balance of power in the mideast in favor of the Iranians. Make no mistake about it, the NeoCons and Military Industrial Complex will do all that they can to scare the American people into going to war with the Persians.

charly_t
02-27-2013, 06:21 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

Though drone attacks may be a good thing now, who is to stop the potential for abuse in the future? I have no problem killing anyone planning any type of attack on our citizens. It is down the road where this can be abused. I don't like the deviation away from The Constitution as it has been trampled by both the Dems and Repubs in the past and present. If we are to have these kind of Drones attacks, then there needs to be some kind of checks and balance to prevent abuse.

Very good post, Franco.

mudminnow
02-28-2013, 09:17 AM
When he joined the terrorists in their Jihad on America, he gave up his right as an American in my opinion.

The the other terrorist don't need an excuse to hate us... It comes naturally... They cheer in the streets when Americans die.

You sound like Nancy Pelosi and every dollar of unemployment creates $1.73 in the economy?

I know i can't change your mind over an internet forum, but i wish it was as simple as you write. Imagine if you were driving down the road and see some guys that are asking for a ride. They seem like alright guys so you pick them up, next thing you know you are dead because those guys were terrorists and had a drone following them. Yes the terrorists are dead, but so are you, do you think your family is going to say, " Hey, its his fault for not doing a background check on the guys he picked up" or will they be resentful?
This has happened over there more than we would care to admit. Another instance a village elder stood up and proclaimed to his village one night that Al-qaeda is evil and they would not support them in any way. The next day the alqaeda in the area were angry wanted to meet with him. He decided to have a talk with them outside the city to tell them to stay away from his community. He met them under a tree, and the next thing that happened was vaporization. How do you think the village reacted? Do you think they said, "well thats what he gets for trying to talk to terrorists" or do you think resentment built up towards America?

Terrorists don't need an excuse to hate us, but we give non-terrorists or apathetic muslims reason to hate us everyday. This is why Ron Paul said our Foreign Policy should follow the "Golden Rule" in a debate. He got booed by the crowd, and it goes to show, the best way to make a conservative mad is to quote scripture to them and ask them to live by it.

Gerry Clinchy
02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
He met them under a tree, and the next thing that happened was vaporization. How do you think the village reacted? Do you think they said, "well thats what he gets for trying to talk to terrorists" or do you think resentment built up towards America?
And this may demonstrate how this whole thing in the ME is a no-win situation. The leader spoke out against something wrong; and the bad guys killed him. Rather than blame any of "their own", the people would rather blame an outsider for the brave leader's attempt to point out what was wrong.

but we give non-terrorists or apathetic muslims reason to hate us everyday.
In this example, not quite what I was thinking. Those who did the vaporization should be at fault ... if you mean that the US learned of the meeting and were the ones to do the vaporization. Then, I can see your point. In that case, it surely is a level of ignorance (lack of intel) to discern the situation "on the ground".

road kill
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Can you share the math for this equation?
Or is this a typical liberal "emotional overkill" to trump up an invalid point?

mudminnow
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
And this may demonstrate how this whole thing in the ME is a no-win situation. The leader spoke out against something wrong; and the bad guys killed him. Rather than blame any of "their own", the people would rather blame an outsider for the brave leader's attempt to point out what was wrong.

In this example, not quite what I was thinking. Those who did the vaporization should be at fault ... if you mean that the US learned of the meeting and were the ones to do the vaporization. Then, I can see your point. In that case, it surely is a level of ignorance (lack of intel) to discern the situation "on the ground".

We did the killing here, it was our drone that saw three lower level terrorists under a tree with a couple of other unidentified folks(guys on our side) and smoked them. This lack of intel is overlooked routinely and innocents are killed to get a couple of terrorists and is chalked up as collateral damage.

Can you share the math for this equation?
Or is this a typical liberal "emotional overkill" to trump up an invalid point?

I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative), and i don't have an equation just reports from folks other than fox news. But if you want to play that way, do you have numbers that terrorists are decreasing or is this typical conservative "don't question our military ever emotions" that lead us to never questioning our tactics on wars that can't be won?

Dan Storts
02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
We did the killing here, it was our drone that saw three lower level terrorists under a tree with a couple of other unidentified folks(guys on our side) and smoked them. This lack of intel is overlooked routinely and innocents are killed to get a couple of terrorists and is chalked up as collateral damage.

I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative), and i don't have an equation just reports from folks other than fox news. But if you want to play that way, do you have numbers that terrorists are decreasing or is this typical conservative "don't question our military ever emotions" that lead us to never questioning our tactics on wars that can't be won?

I can back up the decrease in terrorists numbers. Civil Wars in Egypt, Syria, Libya and Yemem. They are preforming Darwinism on each other.

road kill
02-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I have never said terrorist numbers were declining.
That was Obama...............a claim he made right after "HE" got Bin Laden.

Why would I need numbers to support Obama's false assertion?
You however posted that "Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill."
I am just curious how you arrived at this assumption.

You may not know this, but I have been adamantly opposed toany involvement in Afgahnistan since day 1.
I am sure there are many here that can support that.
It is my contention that Reagan did not bring down the USSR, Afgahnistan BROKE them.

sick lids
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Didn't the French Foreign Legion try to kill Frances president over something that happened in Afghanistan? nope looks like it was Algeria Best thing to come out of there that I can think of was a cool picture of a young lady with green eyes.

mudminnow
02-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I have never said terrorist numbers were declining.
That was Obama...............a claim he made right after "HE" got Bin Laden.

Why would I need numbers to support Obama's false assertion?
You however posted that "Its an example of our awful foreign policy that creates ten terrorists for every one we kill."
I am just curious how you arrived at this assumption.

You may not know this, but I have been adamantly opposed toany involvement in Afgahnistan since day 1.
I am sure there are many here that can support that.
It is my contention that Reagan did not bring down the USSR, Afgahnistan BROKE them.

I came to that number just from research i've done and it is not a hard number, but i bet its close. But i would say it is evident we are making more terrorists and that there are more terrorists now than before 9/11. Obama and bush basically have the same foreign policy of intervention, the only difference is the amount of troops.

Marvin S
02-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I hope i am anything but a person with a typical liberal mind (i am very conservative),

There are a lot of folks on this forum who espouse that creed, but when they post they prove themselves wrong - being a libertarian on certain issues makes one a disappointed hippy :). We'll see how you do with the test of time.

Franco
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Here ya go Marv, meet the new disappointed hippies;-)

http://studentsforliberty.org/leadership/

Some how, I don't think these new hippies reek of Patchouli oil.

mudminnow
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Marv, i hope i don't turn into a dissapointed hippy, or even a hippy or that matter. Honestly the switch in my foreign policy from mainstream conservative republican to a libertarian one is by coincidence. My faith has led me to ask myself tough questions about how our country treats others. I wound up looking for folks that represent my fiscal and foreign policy and wound up prefering libertarians.

Franco
02-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Another 60 million to the Syrian opposition! At a time when the White House is decrying the end of the USA over a 2.4% reduction in future spending. I know you guys have got to see the foolishness of our Foreign Policy that I do? This is on top of the $200million we have already provided in Humanatarian Aide. There is a lot more budget cutting that can get done! Deficit Spending is the greatest threat to our Freedom and way of life.

Dan Storts
02-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Scenario:

A person has kill 2 people and has a hostage.

S.W.A.T. Sniper's spotter calls team leader and says we have him in our sights. The response is take him.

Bang

The President didn't even give the order. Where was the jury of his peers?

Burning down the cabin of the retired police office a couple weeks ago is a classic example. What short memories.