PDA

View Full Version : Gunners Up Sometimes Misfires

hxman
08-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Has anyone had this problem sometimes with your GU launcher? It sometimes goes off or the release mechanism slips off the hook while loading...... Can I adjust something to help this problem or maybe wait until the new release mechanism is ready...

Thanks

RAB
08-04-2004, 10:39 AM
I am having the same problem. As soon as i pull back and set up on the hook mine will shoot. :shock:

Cray Stephenson
08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
The new mechanism should take care of this.

I've found that if I trust the old Mechanism to reset itself, then it may misfire. If I push the latch closed onto the release bar prior to putting tension on it (double checking it), I don't have this problem.

Cray

Mike Peters-labguy23
08-04-2004, 01:57 PM
I have done the same things that Cray has done with the same results also. I always double check!
Mike Peters

JBlack
08-04-2004, 02:53 PM
My first release was this way also... I had it replaced. The replacement has started doing the same thing periodically, so I just reset the trigger like the others mentioned in the other posts. I am excited about the new release and believe the servo will help dramatically.

Brad B
08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Haven't used mine enough to see but I do see where it would be good to re-set the release catch prior to reloading.

hxman
08-06-2004, 08:27 AM
You still hacve to be careful when pulling those bands down, I have had them go off a few times... lol :lol:

Troy Williams
08-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Put your foot on the hook while stretching the rubbers...then, once loaded, gently lift your foot off....At least if it goes off it's loaded and it's not a dryfire.

I've got one that will not release although you can hear it click and try. Anyone else had this problem? Thought it was my electronics but switched them around and that's not it............

Cray Stephenson
08-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I've got one that will not release although you can hear it click and try. Anyone else had this problem? Thought it was my electronics but switched them around and that's not it............

Troy,

Check the screws in your servo. Let us know if they were loose. I had one doing it after the screws got loose and fell out. The new electronics should take care of this.

Cray

Jay Dufour
08-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Mine started doing that ...and then quit altogeather.After August ...Im gonna want my money back.

D Beard
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
have you contacted Richard at Gunners Up about your problem?

Cray Stephenson
08-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Mine started doing that ...and then quit altogeather.After August ...Im gonna want my money back.

Jay, Why "after August"? Have you given them the chance to make it right? I'm sure they'd send you a new Solenoid out immediately. Are you going to give the new release a try before demanding your money back?

Jay Dufour
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Sure....The distributor I got mine from is a good friend of mine,and I will do my best to work with the product.He cant use the ones hes got either,therefore I dont want to hurt him even worse.I will only ask him to furnish me with the kit to make mine work! he can deal with the Manufacturer.......