PDA

View Full Version : Search & Seizure

road kill
02-22-2013, 06:53 AM
So.......now that the "Gun Control" Genie is out of the bottle and we have lost that fight, what next?
(you know, the one the progressives scoffed at us about, said would NEVER happen?)

When the Feds come to violate your already trashed 2nd amendment rights, what will happen when they decide to "SEARCH & SEIZE" your firearms????

Is there a law to protect us from "SEARCH & SEIZURE??"

If so, where is that written!!!

Does the "Constitutional Scholar" know???????

4th amendment regards..................

roseberry
02-22-2013, 07:43 AM
taxation is about greed and control, but taxation is also a test on society.

for instance: if we have allowed our money to be stolen by our government at a rate of > 50% of current earnings.(the practice is heartily endorsed by those being given money by the government)
then, logically it would follow that Americans will open their doors and welcome this same government when they come to steal a few guns from us.(endorsed again by the same group)

Uncle Bill
02-22-2013, 08:08 AM
taxation is about greed and control, but taxation is also a test on society.

for instance: if we have allowed our money to be stolen by our government at a rate of > 50% of current earnings.(the practice is heartily endorsed by those being given money by the government)
then, logically it would follow that Americans will open their doors and welcome this same government when they come to steal a few guns from us.(endorsed again by the same group)

You got it John. Robbing Peter to pay Paul will always result in a healthy assistance from Paul. Have you heard this one?

Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns, is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids!!

UB

Wade
02-22-2013, 09:06 AM
So.......now that the "Gun Control" Genie is out of the bottle and we have lost that fight, what next?
(you know, the one the progressives scoffed at us about, said would NEVER happen?)

When the Feds come to violate your already trashed 2nd amendment rights, what will happen when they decide to "SEARCH & SEIZE" your firearms????

Was there a vote yesterday? What did I miss that happened that affected the 2nd amendment?

road kill
02-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Was there a vote yesterday? What did I miss that happened that affected the 2nd amendment?

There have been votes in NY & CO.
You must have been busy.

Do you really not get the point?

Just askin'..............

Wade
02-22-2013, 09:12 AM
There have been votes in NY & CO.
You must have been busy.

Do you really not get the point?

Just askin'..............

I do get the point but nothing has happened yet Federally, correct?

Keep calling your representative. Start a local march, get more of your local friends and family involved, makes some noise publicly

road kill
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
I do get the point but nothing has happened yet Federally, correct?

Keep calling your representative. Start a local march, get more of your local friends and family involved, make some noise publicly
I just did.

Wade
02-22-2013, 09:21 AM
I just did.

Come on now, an internet forum doesn't count.

Tom. P.
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Ive called my reps so many times they now answer the phone saying "what now Mr.P"
Not sure how good it does but it makes me feel better.

huntinman
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM

The same law that keeps you from being unreasonably searched at the airport... Oh, never mind:rolleyes:

BrettG
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Let them show up at my door and see how much noise I can make. You know the movie line " you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand."

roseberry
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
brett,

what uncle bill and rk are trying to tell you is your cold dead hands(or your hot dead hands for that matter....as in waco, tx) mean nothing to these oppressors. this is reality, it is coming and it will be welcomed by all but a "radical minority".(funny to call it that since it will be us white boys) this minority will be dealt with as an unfortunate circumstance to this legislative movement.

you may resist, you may be a hero to some who know what really happened but all that will be left of you in the end is a greasy spot. as a working and affluent white man no one stands with you on who takes your money, much less who is gonna take your guns. hell, white women don't even stand with you in this war!(as predicted by menmon and agreed upon by me proir to the last election) it may get a little ugly, but the feds got "patriotic agents who deal with that"!

but to the op, as a matter of priority.....if the second dont matter, the fourth certainly dont matter!

jmc

steve hoppas
02-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Is anyone else as out raged as I am, that our Government is trying to take "guns" away from legal law abiding citizens and at the same time giving (not even selling)Abrams "Tanks" and F16 "fighter jets" to Egypt. Which is run by Terrorist,,, AKA the Muslim Brotherhood. Washington needs to get its priorities straight.

The Consitution was writen to limit Government, not limit the citizens.

Chuck Ward
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Washington needs to get it's collective head out of it's ...! A litttle common sense would go a long way...... but then we're talking politicians here!

Gerry Clinchy
02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Can't remember which state it was ... but a gun law has been proposed that if you owned a certain type of gun, you could be subjected to an annual inspection, without notice, to see that the gun was properly secured safely. So, basically an unannounced search of your home. Don't think that could past Constitutional muster.

This would mean that not only did they know you owned said gun, they also knew exactly where you kept it.

Gerry Clinchy
02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/02/5167-report-veterans-are-receiving-letters-from-va-prohibiting-the-ownership-or-purchase-of-firearms/
Veterans may be denied ownership of guns ... mmm

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.
What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?
That makes is sound like something right from a documentary on a tyrannical dictatorship somewhere in the world. Yet, as I write this I have a copy of such a letter right in front of me. It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes. In my capacity as Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) I have been contacted by some of these veterans and the stories I am getting are appalling.
The letter provides no specifics on the reasons for the proposed finding of incompetency; just that is based on a determination by someone in the VA. In every state in the United States no one can be declared incompetent to administer their own affairs without due process of law and that usually requires a judicial hearing with evidence being offered to prove to a judge that the person is indeed incompetent. This is a requirement of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that states that no person shall “… be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law…”.

Marvin S
02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Can't remember which state it was ... but a gun law has been proposed that if you owned a certain type of gun, you could be subjected to an annual inspection, without notice, to see that the gun was properly secured safely. So, basically an unannounced search of your home. Don't think that could past Constitutional muster.

This would mean that not only did they know you owned said gun, they also knew exactly where you kept it.

WA - that was in the Seattle Times last week with the lefty lawyers saying "Now I can see why my RW friends are upset with the government" :).

So I made the columnist aware of other instances that those from the government believe they have the right to access private property without warrant or notice to carry on the government's oppression. No Reply, the columnist probably thinks I'm a nut :). & as Bill pointed out, flown lately?