PDA

View Full Version : OKLAHOMA TRAINING DAY (Stillwater)

Cliff Sager
08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
The Green Country Retriever Club will be hosting a club training day near Stillwater, OK on Aug. 21st. These are some of the best grounds in OK and the technical water is amazing. We will focus on water work, swim-by and de-cheating as well as marking setups. Participation in the training day is free for members and folks new to our club. We will have live fliers and a cookout at lunch for a minimal fee. :lol:

I encourage anyone in the area to come and participate. Please RSVP for birds and/or lunch.

For more information on this event go to http://www.freewebs.com/gcrc/index.htm and look under the Events page.

bandcollector
08-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Your web page has the date listed as 8/31

Cliff Sager
08-13-2004, 09:06 AM
OOOPS :!:

Glad you caught that. Just a typo but folks would really be mad if they showed up that Tuesday. :wink:

The training day is on the 21st

Will you be making it down??

bandcollector
08-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah I am planning on it. I made it down there once in early spring to train and also ran the NFRA test held there in May. It was a treat.

Paul Rainbolt
08-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Trained there a couple days ago. Best water in the area that i know of. I recomend trying it out.

cpayne
08-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Come on now.......I can't even find a decent water blind at the place! :D

Paul Rainbolt
08-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Try the one we ran, 235 yds long. Start by running down the leve tight past the cattails, through a tight bottle neck slot, past 2 converging points, real easy to lose the dog if you dont keep him on a very tight line then into the channel for a 150 yd swim. Very fun blind. Your right Chris theres probly only a couple hundred more possibilities for blinds on the property.

cpayne
08-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Tulsa Slim,

You should have seen the one Tim West wanted to run a few weeks back. Had to have been 600 yards. First water entry was about 120 yds no big deal, second piece of water was about 200yds after you got out of the first pond. Only problem as Tim found out. You lose the dog for about 75 yds. Nice idea though. I've got one for you to run next time your up. It's down in the inlet.

Cpayne

achiro
08-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Tulsa Slim,

You should have seen the one Tim West wanted to run a few weeks back. Had to have been 600 yards. First water entry was about 120 yds no big deal, second piece of water was about 200yds after you got out of the first pond. Only problem as Tim found out. You lose the dog for about 75 yds. Nice idea though. I've got one for you to run next time your up. It's down in the inlet.

Cpayne
You ran cappy and libby on those didn't you? :lol:

Tim West
08-16-2004, 10:51 PM
I still think my dogs could have done that 600 yard blind if the grass wasn't over there heads in that 70 yards. All you could see was the dogs head appearing every so often as they were bouncing up trying to see where they were going. Hell, I would have been lost too!

I'm trying to talk Joseph into putting a few windmills like in Mini golf on his grounds so we can really do some fun stuff.

Here's the blind.....Off the dam, over ten points, cut the corner of a pond, two hundred yard angle entry into a 16" windmill. Dog comes out with a biscuit and if it's a green one instead of a brown one, you get to train free for a year!

yeah, that's the ticket!

cpayne
08-17-2004, 02:40 AM
OK Big Guy! The grass has been cut and bailed! Come try it again. I want to see do it. We have two windmills and one draw bridge on order :D

Chris

Paul Rainbolt
08-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Tim are you going to show up on Saturday? id like to run my derby dog on that cheesey little 600 yrd blind i been hearing about. Only 10 points and a windmill , hopefully there will be a good crosswind . We can add a couple of poison birds for your dogs.