PDA

View Full Version : Even Bob Woodward is starting to get it!

Tom. P.
02-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Didnt we see this comming? Now its going to be made up catastrophies due to the lack of spending?
Wasnt that long ago my Kids did the same thing when they couldnt get their way. Throw a big fit!
This is Lunacy! http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-obama-sequester-republicans-2013-2

Gerry Clinchy
02-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Just saw the msnbc clip of Woodward explaining that Obama is not deploying an aircraft carrier due to budgetary constraints, and Woodward says it's "a madness" he hasn't seen before. After the green initiative of buying all that pricey/gallon fuel for the Navy, you might think that would be an easy place to cut? And the plan as well to release an anticipated 10,000 illegals in detainment. 500 released in AZ, alone.

Instead of acting responsibly to have departments make cuts that are the least painful & lesser importance, he, himself, is directing departments to make cuts that are seemingly most "visible" and high on the hurting scale. Since AZ is not real fond of Obama, he probably figures they deserve the hurt. Why would one release criminals that this administration, itself, determined were serious enough criminals to detain (we know that the criteria for getting detained are pretty serious ones).

And he's doing this even BEFORE the sequester has taken place ...

Gerry Clinchy
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Mea culpa ... according to Jay Carney, it was not the POTUS or even Napolitano that ordered the release of the illegal detainees; it was some "career officials at ICE" in anticipation of the cuts in the continuing resolution and sequestration. "The President knew nothing about it until he read about it in the paper." (Wonder if these "career officials" share lunch with the people in the State Dept. who never passed along those messages from Benghazi to Hillary?)

luvalab
02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Bob Woodward has always "gotten it"--it's just that sometimes he's got it on one side, and sometimes he's got it on the other side.

Go get 'em, Bob!

tuckerdutch
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Government is a hungry beast. Just the thought of not feeding it enough is making it cry, beg, threaten, and strike out. I once read a biography on Davey crockett. Congress wanted to pay a late Admirals widow a stipend from tax dollars. Crocket alone stood up and argued that this was not, no matter how noble a cause, a proper and moral use of the people's money. He offered to donate money of his own and asked members of Congress to match him from their pockets. Besides congressman Crockett there were no other donations to the poor widow.

Tom. P.
02-28-2013, 06:57 AM
I just saw Bob W on cnn and He claims that He's got a threatening email from a Senior WH official.Thats how they play in Chicago.Any threat and take it Out!.Go Bob Go!

huntinman
02-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Great point that Woodward made was that the WH using these tactics doesn't shut him up... But imagine the young reporters covering the WH? They would buckle instantly. (And have since Obama was a Senator)

Daniel J Simoens
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Mea culpa ... according to Jay Carney, it was not the POTUS or even Napolitano that ordered the release of the illegal detainees; it was some "career officials at ICE" in anticipation of the cuts in the continuing resolution and sequestration. "The President knew nothing about it until he read about it in the paper." (Wonder if these "career officials" share lunch with the people in the State Dept. who never passed along those messages from Benghazi to Hillary?)

they also said Benghazi was a result of a youtube video.

mngundog
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Great point that Woodward made was that the WH using these tactics doesn't shut him up... But imagine the young reporters covering the WH? They would buckle instantly. (And have since Obama was a Senator)

That right there is funny. :D

Gerry Clinchy
02-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Daniel, there was a bit of tongue in cheek. How could these "career officials" make a move like releasing criminals (isn't that illegal?), without letting Janet and the POTUS know of their plan? Like Benghazi, either incompetence or untrue. Take your pick.

road kill
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Daniel, there was a bit of tongue in cheek. How could these "career officials" make a move like releasing criminals (isn't that illegal?), without letting Janet and the POTUS know of their plan? Like Benghazi, either incompetence or untrue. Take your pick.
How about a combination of the two!!??!!??

Daniel J Simoens
02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
i very much realize that. i was just adding to the idiocracy of it. :)

road kill
02-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy?":shock:

huntinman
02-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Because the POTUS is the Sgt Schultz (Hogans Heroes), of all time... He knows Nuthink!!!

Gerry Clinchy
02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Just checking :-) I thought that's what you were doing.

Daniel J Simoens
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy?":shock:

yes sir. it's amazing how fast we are heading down that direction. i'm sure you "older" folks have seen it more so.

huntinman
02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
yes sir. it's amazing how fast we are heading down that direction. i'm sure you "older" folks have seen it more so.

Stan, I'm not sure, but I think Daniel is saying you are an old geezer;-)

road kill
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Stan, I'm not sure, but I think Daniel is saying you are an old geezer;-)

I would love to argue the point with him, but alas..............

Dan Storts
02-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Woodward, which is liberal, is the first rat to jump ship, as the saying goes. Look for more to start following and the house of cards could start falling.

BonMallari
02-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Woodward, which is liberal, is the first rat to jump ship, as the saying goes. Look for more to start following and the house of cards could start falling.

its not so much that he is a liberal, but the media has a long habit of building someone up and then tearing them down...There is no longer a need to prop up BHO since he is now a lame duck, so the sport is in being the contrarian and playing the other side of the fence, and Woodward is a master at the game,he pretty much taught them how to play the game...its the American public that is too stupid to see that he didnt deserve a second or even a first term as President...

BHO's entire presidency just proves that you can get the public to eat a schiat sandwich if its packaged and marketed correctly,and once they buy the sandwich the koolaid is just a throw in

Eric Johnson
02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Lanny Davis has related that the same thing was told to his editor as was told to Woodward. Davis claimed the statement made to his editor was that Davis would lose his WH credentials. Davis is (was?) an Obama supporter of the 1st order.

BuddyJ
02-28-2013, 07:17 PM

I would have to go with incompetence

Dan Storts
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
its not so much that he is a liberal, but the media has a long habit of building someone up and then tearing them down...There is no longer a need to prop up BHO since he is now a lame duck, so the sport is in being the contrarian and playing the other side of the fence, and Woodward is a master at the game,he pretty much taught them how to play the game...its the American public that is too stupid to see that he didnt deserve a second or even a first term as President...

BHO's entire presidency just proves that you can get the public to eat a schiat sandwich if its packaged and marketed correctly,and once they buy the sandwich the koolaid is just a throw in

What will happen is the republicans will praise and kiss his feet. Then they will put their arms down and he will hit them with a right cross right between the eyes.

Buzz
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Lanny Davis has related that the same thing was told to his editor as was told to Woodward. Davis claimed the statement made to his editor was that Davis would lose his WH credentials. Davis is (was?) an Obama supporter of the 1st order.

Lanny Davis and Bob Woodward are both drama queens. Did you read the email exchange?

Gerry Clinchy
02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Yes, there was room for interpretation in the actual words of the email, but the following might indicate that the WH is trying to impugn Woodward's credibility

David Plouffe, Obama campaign aide, tweeted the following about Woodward:

"Watching Woodward last 2 days is like imagining my idol Mike Schmidt facing live pitching again. Perfection gained once is rarely repeated."

How many times can Obama use the excuse that he simply doesn't know what all the loose cannons around him are doing?Not helping the consulate in Benghazi; releasing the illegal detainees; bullying reporters ..

huntinman
02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Pretty funny to see libs turning on lib reporters. How quickly they turn...

Golddogs
03-01-2013, 11:03 AM

It has nothing to do with the reporters political leaning. Woodward is what evey reporter should be : a person who will dig out the facts and be willing to report them regardless of where it takes him. Unlike FOX news, he will let you know the king has no clothes on, regardless of what party he is from, not just because he is a dem or rep. Nixon was the first and Obama will not be the last.

Mike Wallace, Morley Saffer, Cronkite, Murrow, Reasoner, Rooney, Thomas, Moyers,Bergman, those are/were reporters who never let anyone off the hook . We need a new generation of them.

cripes
03-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Yes have we forgotten Juan Williams? Guess who hired him? Fox! Those rascals. And he's still a lib!

road kill
03-01-2013, 11:18 AM
It has nothing to do with the reporters political leaning. Woodward is what evey reporter should be : a person who will dig out the facts and be willing to report them regardless of where it takes him. Unlike FOX news, he will let you know the king has no clothes on, regardless of what party he is from, not just because he is a dem or rep. Nixon was the first and Obama will not be the last.

Mike Wallace, Morley Saffer, Cronkite, Murrow, Reasoner, Rooney, Thomas, Moyers,Bergman, those are/were reporters who never let anyone off the hook . We need a new generation of them.
You forgot Dan Rather............:cool:

Golddogs
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM

Nope, he is the Roger Clemens of the reporting world to me. Took a wonderful record of good reporting and really good work and tarnished it. Was a real shame.

Marvin S
03-01-2013, 01:03 PM

While I liked Rooney & felt his passing was a huge loss to 60 minutes, his bias still showed. You did leave out Ed Bradley who I thought to be a classy reporter. The rest show your bias, Cronkite was heavily criticized for his Vietnam reporting. Alar, you were probably not old enough for that program. 60 minutes had more than 1 moment of shame for their bias.

Somehow Golddogs, I think you missed the sarcasm :-P.

Golddogs
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
While I liked Rooney & felt his passing was a huge loss to 60 minutes, his bias still showed. You did leave out Ed Bradley who I thought to be a classy reporter. The rest show your bias, Cronkite was heavily criticized for his Vietnam reporting. Alar, you were probably not old enough for that program. 60 minutes had more than 1 moment of shame for their bias.

Somehow Golddogs, I think you missed the sarcasm :-P.

Yep, Bradley was a class act.

Missed nothing Marv, was left off with purpose.

Cronkite was criticized AFTER he began reporting of the fabricated body counts and inflated reports from the field by the General in charge.

As to bias, well you know best Marv.