PDA

View Full Version : would you let your child wear a rfid chip in school for the purpose of not only keepi

Pete
02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Would you let your child participate in an San Antonio school district rfid chip experiment/ litmus test. It appears they want to also use it to by lunch and other activities which occur at school. Without out the chip its no lunch and no whatever else.

Below is an interview with the parents of a boy that refused to go along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S44pvFUIKhE

Ken Bora
02-28-2013, 08:25 AM
interesting vid.
kids who cannot keep two mittins for more than a week will loose these left and right.
what is the next step, inplanting a clip?

Marvin S
02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
kids who cannot keep two mittins for more than a week will loose these left and right.

Ah mittens, a string through the jacket with a mitten on each end. Us little guys didn't like them cause they were not :cool:. Later found them much warmer than gloves :). Memories!!!!

Jason Glavich
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Sure, and then I would take a strong magnet to it, they would replace it, I would take a magnet to it, it is a repeatable cycle because my magnet is already paid for.

Ken Bora
02-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Sure, and then I would take a strong magnet to it, they would replace it, I would take a magnet to it, it is a repeatable cycle because my magnet is already paid for.

but in theory,
if you lived in that town you fund the school with your tax $$$
so your magnet is smurfing your own $$$ down the bunny hole.

Jason Glavich
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM
They are gonna take my money anyway, and the sheeple will pass the levys to pay for the stupid things over and over again, so I will pay no matter what. i would like to at least make them work for it.

Golddogs
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
interesting vid.
what is the next step, inplanting a clip?

Not cool enough,,,,,,,,,,tatoo them under the lip.

charly_t
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Being a dumb older person with no tech smarts etc. I have a few questions. ...........Just what info will be on these chips and what if the wrong person gets their hands on these chips ? What all can these chips do ? Can they tell a parent where their child is at all times ? Or is this just a credit card type thing for keeping track of what your child is using ( eating ) ?

mngundog
02-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Being a dumb older person with no tech smarts etc. I have a few questions. ...........Just what info will be on these chips and what if the wrong person gets their hands on these chips ? What all can these chips do ? Can they tell a parent where their child is at all times ? Or is this just a credit card type thing for keeping track of what your child is using ( eating ) ?
There are many different types and usages for them, in this situation (guessing) it would be able tell the location of the student at any given time, it would be able to tell you if the student was is class on time and be able to locate them (within the building) if they weren't. So if the student wasn't in class they would be able to tell the user if they were in the nurses office, gymnasium, bathroom, or if they left school etc. The ones that I have dealt with required antennas to be installed in every room throughout the building.

charly_t
02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
There are many different types and usages for them, in this situation (guessing) it would be able tell the location of the student at any given time, it would be able to tell you if the student was is class on time and be able to locate them (within the building) if they weren't. So if the student wasn't in class they would be able to tell the user if they were in the nurses office, gymnasium, bathroom, or if they left school etc. The ones that I have dealt with required antennas to be installed in every room throughout the building.

Thank you very much. Since I can not see videos on the net I am often in the dark when we talk about things on here. And the only chips I know anything about are a few of the brands that we have used in the dogs ( which are not the same thing at all I would think ).

mngundog
02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Thank you very much. Since I can not see videos on the net I am often in the dark when we talk about things on here. And the only chips I know anything about are a few of the brands that we have used in the dogs ( which are not the same thing at all I would think ).
We had the system installed at a prison I worked at (system was installed never implemented), if a inmate needed to be located (medical, visitation, hearings etc.) it would be insistently be able to tell you his location like the kitchen, yard, chapel, library etc. it would also be able to be programed to tell you if the inmate was in an unauthorized location.

huntinman
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
We had the system installed at a prison I worked at (system was installed never implemented), if a inmate needed to be located (medical, visitation, hearings etc.) it would be insistently be able to tell you his location like the kitchen, yard, chapel, library etc. it would also be able to be programed to tell you if the inmate was in an unauthorized location.

Why was it never implemented?

mngundog
02-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Why was it never implemented?
Prison lost its contract and was closed.

Tom. P.
02-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Somebody mention Chips? I like the kettle cooked Lays!

Old geezer wakin up from his nap regards!

charly_t
02-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Somebody mention Chips? I like the kettle cooked Lays!

Old geezer wakin up from his nap regards!

Yummmmm. Nurse told me this week........"if it tastes good spit it out". I hate that accurate scale in the doc's office reguards.

Sabireley
02-28-2013, 06:39 PM
There are a least two types of RFID devices, passive and active. Active devices have a battery and transmit a signal to receivers. Passive devices have a unique shape or design that reflects a correspondingly unique pattern when scanned with a RFID reader. These last a long time and do not need a battery. You could embed passive RFID chips in children at birth containing unique identification information. They could be read by readers the person walks through/near, or by a hand held scanner. These have the limitation that you must be in close proximity to a reader to track the child. They should last for life but may migrate to other parts of the body where readers might not pick them up as readily.

charly_t
02-28-2013, 07:15 PM
There are a least two types of RFID devices, passive and active. Active devices have a battery and transmit a signal to receivers. Passive devices have a unique shape or design that reflects a correspondingly unique pattern when scanned with a RFID reader. These last a long time and do not need a battery. You could embed passive RFID chips in children at birth containing unique identification information. They could be read by readers the person walks through/near, or by a hand held scanner. These have the limitation that you must be in close proximity to a reader to track the child. They should last for life but may migrate to other parts of the body where readers might not pick them up as readily.

Thank you for that explanation.

HPL
02-28-2013, 07:18 PM
To the original question, NO, if I had kids, I can't imagine allowing them to carry one of these around.

Sabireley
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
To the original question, NO, if I had kids, I can't imagine allowing them to carry one of these around.
No is right.

Have you ever seen Logan's Run?

Julie R.
02-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Ahhh implanting the citizenry with chips starting at childhood. Creepy....

JDogger
02-28-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but the increased prevelence of the use of biometrics on drivers licenses, which most of us have, concerns me. A passive RFID chip could well be implanted in your DL along with the barcode and magstripe which are ever present. Do you have and use a discount card at a grocery store, or gas station? Ever wonder why the coupons they send you are for just the stuff you buy? Have you yet had a cop just swipe you license, and hand you a pre-printed ticket?
Have a store clerk ask you for your phone number, your email? Use a credit card, or a debit card? Even write a check? Got a costco membership? Post on RTF PP? Who are all the 'guests'? Log on to Google, Facebook? We chip our dogs...if they get lost they'll come home, right? We should chip your kids, too. If they're all shot to hell in the cafeteria, it'll help us identify them.

Someone posted a George Carlin video the other day. He's just a comedian, right? Right?

We're owned regards, JD

PS..and we walked right into it. "I saved $.05 on frozen strawberries today."

HPL
03-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Every time I go to Lowes they ask me if I have a "My Lowes" card. When I say no, they ask if I want one. Again, NO. It just helps them track my purchases. I don't need to make it any easier for anyone to know what I'm buying.

Sabireley
03-01-2013, 05:27 AM
People are becoming increasingly comfortable with the goverment watching every aspect of their lives to keep them safe from the bad guys. Putting chips on children starts them down the path of accepting this type of intrusion as a normal part of life. I am not suggesting this is some grand government plan to track and control the population, yet, but before you know it we'll all have GPS devices in our cars to tax us on actual mileage(and therefore track movement), chips in our drivers licenses that log our whereabouts when near a reader, cameras on every corner feeding data into facial recognition software, cameras taking pictures of license plates at stop lights, electronic medical records tied to our SSN's, access to credit card and bank accounts, etc. All of this information stored in various goverment databases with business intelligence software continually evaluating our behavior patterns looking for dangerous, risky, or illegal behavior. You might say, " What's wrong with this? The government is protecting us. They have our best interests in mind and are like our parents watching out for us".

Duck Blind
03-01-2013, 06:03 AM
I am not suggesting this is some grand government plan to track and control the population, yet, .... You might say, " What's wrong with this? The government is protecting us. They have our best interests in mind and are like our parents watching out for us".

In my opinion, it's the governments plan to track everything we do....It's so easy for the government to step in and "look out for us" when they've created a society so dependent on them for everything else.

Pete
03-01-2013, 06:48 AM
I think the chip with your ss# embedded in a badge is a bad thing. Its to easy to loose. If they inject it in your hand or fore head it will be a whole lot easier to read or scan.
Its way better than a credit card because those things get lost or ruined from rubbing together. So the embedded chip seems like the way to go. Just think the time we can save in line at the grocery store. We can never be really lost again. its great for the now gang that excepts technology. Except like dinosaurs like me who won't do it and would rather die than let some one inject me with a high tech chip,,, ( because I am afraid of needles), From what I hear from the conspiracy nuts is this NWO wants a cashless society,,,,if thats the case,,,,I'll have to grow my own food if I can find a seed that can reproduce. Or use a gun to help get meat if they allow me to have one that is.

Pete

huntinman
03-01-2013, 07:43 AM
For once I agree with JD. These day it's "virtually" impossible to avoid. Everything we do is computerized in some shape or fashion. I have a card for the printer in my office... Don't even take it out of the wallet. Just wave it at the printer and the machine kicks out just my copies. Credit cards, etc... We already have all that stuff right in our pockets.

BonMallari
03-01-2013, 07:53 AM
You guys/gals do realize that your computer and Google track what sites you peruse frequently

huntinman
03-01-2013, 07:55 AM
You guys/gals do realize that your computer and Google track what sites you peruse frequently

Oh crap...

Ken Bora
03-01-2013, 07:56 AM

No!!! I did not go to those sites. My Brother did while I was at work.
how do you get baby oil off of a mouse anyway?

Golddogs
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
No!!! I did not go to those sites. My Brother did while I was at work.
how do you get baby oil off of a mouse anyway?

Dawn Dishwashing soap, like they used with the gulf oil cleanup and the Valdez fiasco. Will clean that oily mous, NP.

charly_t
03-01-2013, 07:04 PM

You bet. When I first started using the computer I noticed it put stuff up on my home page for sites I had looked at before. Sometimes it is handy but I would like to do my own searches from scratch most of the time. Then there was the time that I searched for "Dog Fancy" magazine online ! I got a totally different kind of ( fancy ) site !!!!!! Which just kept popping up at times in my favorites list.

Sabireley
03-02-2013, 07:11 AM
You can set your browser to private browsing and have it clear history and cookies when you close it. You can also prohibit third party tracking cookies. The downside is your favorite sites won't remember you because the cookie containing the information was purged. Upgrade your browsers so you get the latest security patches and features. Google Chrome is a nice browser that is pretty secure, fast, and easy to use.

If you really care about privacy, use an anomizing, encrypting proxy to hide your IP address. This is how Chinese citizens get around the goverment internet filters.

charly_t
03-02-2013, 11:44 AM
You can set your browser to private browsing and have it clear history and cookies when you close it. You can also prohibit third party tracking cookies. The downside is your favorite sites won't remember you because the cookie containing the information was purged. Upgrade your browsers so you get the latest security patches and features. Google Chrome is a nice browser that is pretty secure, fast, and easy to use.

If you really care about privacy, use an anomizing, encrypting proxy to hide your IP address. This is how Chinese citizens get around the goverment internet filters.

Thank you. I know nothing about computers and I let the "kids" set everything.

This topic of chips worries me and I wouldn't want the powers that be to have one in or on anyone in the World. That said.........while I was writing this 3 neighbor kids just went past out front window. Wish their parents knew where they were ! Then they went north got near our trail camera and paused to the left of it so it would not take their picture. I figure the trail camera is no longer safe. I still don't want chips on the kids though.