PDA

View Full Version : Firearms demo: Forward this to your Rep's

Golddogs
02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Take a page from Mills and forward this link to your representatives. Very well done, hard to argue with and to the point.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php)

paul young
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Take a page from Mills and forward this link to your representatives. Very well done, hard to argue with and to the point.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php)

I can't view the video at work.

I have a question based on the first quotable qoute at the bottom: What makes the duck gun "impractical"? This really puzzles me.

huntinman
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
We keep pointing this out to these dweebs and they will want to ban hunting guns too. (Which they really do anyway, all in good time)

BonMallari
02-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Wish they had not used a Remington 1100 shotgun in their demo, the last thing I want is my go to gun on some ban list...

But their point is correct, its not about controlling the guns....it is about controlling the people

Golddogs
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Wish they had not used a Remington 1100 shotgun in their demo, the last thing I want is my go to gun on some ban list...

But their point is correct, its not about controlling the guns....it is about controlling the people

I get that Bon, but the same demo, albeit a few seconds slower, could have been done with a Model 12, made over 70 years ago with the same end result. Or an A5 from the 50's. Point was Nolan uses it as his duck gun.

huntinman
02-28-2013, 12:24 PM
I've actually seen a similar demo on line using a pump shotgun. It had a pistol grip.. Then they took the pistol grip off and put a regular stock on to show the lunacy of the pistol grip issue. The shotgun was still compared to an Ar and several other rifles...

paul young
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
I guess I'm on everyone's "ignore" list.......

BonMallari
02-28-2013, 12:39 PM
I guess I'm on everyone's "ignore" list.......

not at all Paul...just not quite sure what quote you are referring to ?

Golddogs
02-28-2013, 12:46 PM
I can't view the video at work.

I have a question based on the first quotable qoute at the bottom: What makes the duck gun "impractical"? This really puzzles me.

You need to view the piece to fully get the content, but simply put it shows how a modern sporting rifles accuracy makes less likely to harm someone with stray shots as opposed to stray pellets from a shotgun when being used in defense. And conversly, how much more damage you can do with Bidens gun of choice.

paul young
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
There are a few comments after the text portion on that link. The shotgun is referred to as being "more deadly and impractical".

I agree that there is probably no more deadly long gun at short range than a full choke shotgun. That's why it's my personal choice for home defense. I just don't get the idea of it being "impactical".

road kill
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Who is the driving force behind these new "gun Control" laws being discussed?

mngundog
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
There are a few comments after the text portion on that link. The shotgun is referred to as being "more deadly and impractical".

I agree that there is probably no more deadly long gun at short range than a full choke shotgun. That's why it's my personal choice for home defense. I just don't get the idea of it being "impactical".
I agree with you Paul, in the video they talked about possible stray bb's hitting an unattended target, they were shooting at a 20yd target.

Franco
02-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Anyone see this episode of "Triggers" on the Military Channel. It has been airing all this week on Combat Shotguns. The Benelli M4 is one badass assult weapon. ;-)

Combat Shotguns Premieres February 20 at 10 PM Deadly at close quarters, a combat shotgun is a powerful tool of any army. In this episode, Willis fires history's greatest shotguns, from the Blunderbuss to the modern semi-auto Benelli M4 and the pump-action Mossberg 590. Rounding out the episode, Willis gets some shooting tips from two-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Sgt. Vincent Hancock.

Henlee
03-01-2013, 12:18 AM
The driving force was the Sandy Hook shootings and Obama had already won relection at that point. If they wanted to stop gun violence though, why wouldn't they try to ban pistols which are used in virtually all shootings? I agree they are not interested in stopping gun violence.