PDA

View Full Version : Is the Outdoor Channel done?

achiro
03-01-2013, 08:19 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/28/obama-donor-in-process-of-buying-up-and-destroying-americas-top-pro-gun-media-outlets/

huntinman
03-01-2013, 08:37 AM
If it is, there will still be a market for that type of show. Someone will come along and open another avenue for those shows to broadcast.

I don't know the industry, but I have to believe the market will prevail...

What the hell am I talking about? This is the Obama generation! All the old rules are down the drain... They are doing the same thing on SAT radio with Conservative Talk. Got rid of one channel about a week ago.

Franco
03-01-2013, 10:28 AM
If it is, there will still be a market for that type of show. Someone will come along and open another avenue for those shows to broadcast.

I don't know the industry, but I have to believe the market will prevail...

What the hell am I talking about? This is the Obama generation! All the old rules are down the drain... They are doing the same thing on SAT radio with Conservative Talk. Got rid of one channel about a week ago.

I agree that if Intermedia Partners discontinues Outdoor programming that other outlets will pick it up. There is just too much momey to be made on Outdoor recreation for those type of shows to go away. I haven't seen the 2012 dollar figure yet but outdoor recreation has been booming and still growing.

In regards to Satellite Radio, they just premiered a new channel targeted at the Hannity/Beck kind of listeners called "Patriot Radio". Sirius/XM will put up anything that will make them money. They are about as non-political as they come, unlike most broadcast and cable companies.