PDA

View Full Version : partial results for Sioux Falls FTrial

HiRollerlabs
08-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Open Judges: Phil MacMillan & Jim Dresen, ?119 dogs started
1st-FC AFC MacAbee's First Candle (Theda), Susie Ritch owner, Bill Eckett
2nd-Candlewood's Rulin' The Rooster (Rooster), Bev & Bill Busler, Jim Beck
3rd--FC Candlewood's Ebonstar As Good As It Gets (Izzy), Bob & Ann Heise, Dave Rorem

AM:
1st--Sammy, Jon Zunkel (Am trained)

Theda was already qualified for U.S. nationals. Rooster and Izzy qualified with these placements. All 3 dogs were part of the 8 dogs in Eckett's camp that made the 2000 national derby list. Rooster and Izzy are littermates.

Gwen Jones
08-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update! Way to go Theta. Do you know the 4th place finish and the jams? I had 2 dogs in the trial and am anxious to know results.

drbobsd
08-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Qualifying

1.Nabs Little Blue Chief, blf, Bobby George

2.Taylorlab's Right On Q, ylf, Dave Rorem

3.Total Recall, blm, Bobby George

one other dog JAM'd not sure which

Derby through water series Sat. will continue today

Amateur through land blind 419 with range finder prob 500+ with lay of land. know of one local handler that 2 whistled it.

Gwen Jones
08-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the trial update. Have not seen the names of either of my girls. That pretty much tells me what I need to know. Does anyone know the 4th place open dog and the open jams? Why is the trial over so early?

Gwen

Bill Schuna
08-29-2004, 10:33 AM
I took a day trip down there from Marshall, MN yest. Wow it was cool seeing the tests and dogs.

The dog that took first in the Open is: FC AFC Maccabees First Candle (Theda)

I saw all three run in the third series I believe (land/water marks with two retired guns and a flyer shot very close). The distance to the farthest bird was incredible. Don't know what it was, but it was far! I was impressed.

My only regret of the trip is I didn't get to see my pup's Great Grand Dam and her Grand Sire run. They were both there and I missed 'em. I also missed seeing FC Little Wing (Jimi) run. :(

Bill

mikebeadle
08-29-2004, 11:34 AM
4th place in the open was Pike of Castlebay, O-Hank McNeil, H-Bill Eckett

Brian Cockfield
08-29-2004, 08:19 PM
4th place in the open was Pike of Castlebay, O-Hank McNeil, H-Bill Eckett
Way to go Pike.

drbobsd
08-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Watched the first 4 or 5 dogs in the 1rst land series in open. All had to be picked up including test dog.

Tight triple with deep cover. Memory bird up middle on ridge approx 300 yds retired. right bird aprox 150 yds retired. Flyer on left approx 120 yds. Some dogs weren't able to pick up the flyer. Not sure but out of 119 dogs maybe at most 30+ made it to next series. Probably explains why it was over so early.