PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Double Header Winners this past weekend?

Franco
09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
There was Creek Robber, handled by his owner at the Idaho FT. Lets see, there was Carbon with both seconds at the same trial (those two, at it again). He was bred to the other Double Header Winner, Teli, handled by her owner. Anyone know how many pups in that litter? Which homes are they going to? Then there was Wizard winning both AA stakes by different handlers. That's were I figured the .5 in, of the total 2.5 Double Header Winners, this past weekend. Were there others?

Melanie Foster
09-07-2004, 10:39 PM
The dog Eckett won the Open with.

Melanie

K G
09-08-2004, 07:28 AM
HiRollerLabs wrote:

I have been told that Fred Kampo handled Wizard in the Open, not Dave Smith. So it is a double-header.

Three in one weekend must be some kind 'o record!

Keith G.

Franco
09-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Three in one weekend must be some kind 'o record!

Keith G.

That's what I was thinking since there are only 4-6 Double Header Winners each year on average!

That would make it 3.5 Double Header Winners this weekend!

Vicki Worthington
09-08-2004, 02:11 PM
A dog only wins a double header when he is handled to the Open win by the same handler who handles him to the Amateur win. A win in the Open handled by a pro and a win in the Amateur handled by an amateur is NOT a double header, although it is quite impressive.

Franco
09-08-2004, 02:22 PM
A dog only wins a double header when he is handled to the Open win by the same handler who handles him to the Amateur win. A win in the Open handled by a pro and a win in the Amateur handled by an amateur is NOT a double header, although it is quite impressive.

That's why I gave him a .5 point credit. :wink:

Gerard Rozas
09-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Does Carbon get a 2nd place double header?

Wonder how many of these he has?

Franco
09-08-2004, 02:27 PM

I think it is called a Polish DH! :roll:
I think Carbon has a bunch of double seconds and I'd be glad to have them!

Fast Woody
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM

I think it is called a Polish DH! :roll:
I think Carbon has a bunch of double seconds and I'd be glad to have them!

Booty,

I thought a polish DH was getting a green in the Open and Amateur the same weekend and....

Two seconds the same weekend was a Double Red-er :wink:

Henry
________
Honda Lock S.C. specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Lock_S.C.)

Franco
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Booty,

I thought a polish DH was getting a green in the Open and Amateur the same weekend and....

Henry

Henry, probably so. I've never had to concern myself with what they were called. :wink:

What's it called when a dog wins a D & Q on the same weekend?
Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened. :wink:

Fast Woody
09-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Booty,

Henry

Henry, probably so. I've never had to concern myself with what they were called. :wink:

Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened. :wink:

when a dog wins both the derby and the Qual. I'd call it one he11 of a weekend, or maybe a "minor double header"

When a dog wins three Q's...It's PARTY time... a Hat trick?? or how about "break out the broom"
________
health store (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

K G
09-08-2004, 10:16 PM
There's actually been one dog that won 5 Quals.... :shock: !!!

Keith G.

Howard N
09-08-2004, 11:19 PM
There's actually been one dog that won 5 Quals.... :shock: !!!

Keith G.

Wow, the chances of that happening have to be pretty dang high. Like maybe the distance from the earth to the sun in millimeters to one.

Did the dog go on to a top notch all age career or was that his finest hour or somewhere in between?

K G
09-09-2004, 07:38 AM
It happened in the Spring of 2000. Don't recall the dog's name, but it was a female owned/handled by a relative newcomer down in Louisiana....I believe he trained some with Mark Smith. I may have the order wrong, but she won the Q at the South Louisiana trial on the weekend, won the Q at the PRTA trial that week, and won all three Qs that next weekend in the Spillway (all the trials were in the Spillway, I believe). Entries for the triple D/Q had already closed when she won her second Q so she was eligible to run all three Qs in the "tripleheader."

Sadly, she was hit by a car and killed sometime later that year.... :(

Keith G.

Anthony Heath
09-09-2004, 07:44 AM
I think it is called a Polish DH!

Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened.

I don't care what any of the above are called, I just want some head

er. :wink:

AH

[/quote]

Gerard Rozas
09-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Keith,

I got a pup from that dog.

She was on Mark Smith's truck(trailer actually).

He breed her to Ford. I called Sam inquiring about a Ford pup and he fixed me up.

I believe the rest of the litter when to Smith - none turned out.

The one I had I sold and bought a box spring and Mattress - we now sleep on Couper - ie Ford's Sport Coupe.