PDA

View Full Version : Running order for triple DQ in LA ?

Roger Perry
01-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Will the running order be posted for the triple DQ ?

redline
01-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Why worry about the running order?
There are soo many people with sooo many dogs running soooo many stakes a running order would be a dream.
But you are probably, really asking for another reason.
Don't forget to have a "Poor Boy" for me! mmmmm!
Jan

Gerard Rozas
01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Right now I am more worried about a place to run!

Reports as of Sunday is that water is really coming through the boards, the black top road is closed due to high water and about 1/2 of the Spillway is under water.

But remember - these guys pulled off a trial 1 day after a hurricane two years ago - so don't ever count them cajuns out.

Mark Sehon
01-25-2005, 09:01 AM
The middle of the spillway is under water as of Sunday. I would say about 1/4 to 1/3 is not usable. We trained there Sat. & Sun. Several other groups were out also. I talked to Lee early. 36 in the Qual & 60 in the derby for SLRC. SLRC is going to use the NORCO side of the spillway. The other two clubs will be on the LaPlace side. Plans could change, so don't hold me to the locations. Forcast- rain Friday 60%, Sat. 50%, Sun. 20%.

Gerard Rozas
01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Mark,
Does that mean that we will have to drive all the way around (on 61) to go between SLRC and the other clubs.

Mark Sehon
01-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Right now that is the way it looks. Back to 61 and around!!!! Fill up yall's tanks. If any body is comming down, stop and say hi. Good luck to all!!!

Roger Perry
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I was asking because Karen Sweezey is running my dog and would like to see the other dogs and handlers listed.

Franco
01-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I've never seen the river this high, this early in the year! I just hope it goes down to normal before the big Spring thaw up north. High water in the Mississippi is not unusual in March. There have been a number of trials in March that have had to deal with the spillway split in half. But, this is January! :shock:

Jay Dufour
01-25-2005, 08:39 PM
should we approach the spillway from the Apple St side....or the backside to get to checkin.