Southern Ca Results?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Goldenboy 
G
#1 ·
Any results from Southern Calif. Trial in Lost Hills March 11-13
Cyndi

G
#2 ·
Dan Partington won the Derby with his dog Blue. I think they're starting the water blinds in the Open and Amateur.

There were 60 out of 75ish dogs called back from the Open land marks :shock: but supposedly the land blind was a doozy.

Melanie

G
#4 ·
AMATEUR

1. Big Woods Lost River Jake--Kolstad
2. Valley Home Prime Time--Gerhold
3. AFC Absaroka Sioux Not Afraid--Skaggs
4. Waterborne's Wild Gun--Jacobson

Sorry about any mispellings and I don't have JAMs.

I think there were 18 going into the 4th and 6 or 7 did it.

#7 ·
Full Derby Results

lst Prado's Red White and Blu Dan Partington
2nd Cuda's Negra Modelo Charles Tyson
3rd Elk Run Sundance handler Patsy Martin
4th Runnin's Molly B M. Rawlins

RJ Absaroks Steals the Wind Joe Skaggs

Jams
Carbon's Blue Pursuit Steve Kompf
Hidden Bay Primo Pix Chris Willett
Riverside Rough Ryder David Terry
Louzana Luke George Ibarra
Dreamer's Diamond Solitaire Bill Daley
Krugger's Endurance handler Patsy Martin

Qualifying

Qual was down to 12 dogs for the last series. Went into the water blind with 23 dogs and came out with 12. As one of the survivors, I had hoped to have the results for you. but when I took my dog out of the truck to run the water marks, I found that he was dead lame on his left front foot. Appears to be a puncture wound in the area between the big pad and the toe pads. Will clean it up some more and soak it and then off to the vet in the AM. Talk about bad timing!

Don't know about Lost Hills. You will recall that last weekend (friday night) We had a major power failure attributed to the thunderstorm in the late afternoon. Say it Ain't So! At 5 pm friday night I sat down with my sandwich and beer to watch the news when POOF the lights went out again. This time they came on again by 7pm....apparently the repair that they made last weekend didn't hold.

G
#8 ·
Soooo sketchy:

OPEN

1. Bill Daly-don't know which dog...Annie maybe?
2. FC World Famous Magical Mischief--Gelardi/Sargenti (qualifies for the National)
3. One of Gunther's dog--Sargenti
4. Don't know which dog--Sargenti

Told you there were sketchy! 8)

#9 ·
Qualifying Results:

l. Hanna's Eye of the Tiger John Pampy
2. King of Elessar of Gondor Charlene Koeth
3. Jazztime Smoke Jumper v Pekisko Bill Totten
4. Foxfires The Highlander Bill Kolstad

RJ Days End Fords Power Stroke Bill Totten

Jams

Talbot of Black Forest Luann Pleasant
World Famous Wild Rose Luann Pleasant
Ashley's Little Angel Dan Partington
Valtor Pete's Jackie Valerie Martin
Rocking Rocky Rhoades Chuck Roades

#13 ·
SCRC

Here are some more results with names, etc.:

Open

First AFC Reveille's Dream Catcher Daley gives her her FC
2nd FC World Famous Magical Mischief Gelardi/Sargenti
3rd Revillo Spirit of Independence Rahnefeld/Sargenti
4th FC CFC CAFC Damn Yankee II Rahnefeld/Sargenti
RJ Bee-Line Butch Cordell/Sargenti
Jams Hiwood Jaguar McFall
Hardscrabble's Windfall Bechtel/Totten
Three "N" Me Gulvin

Last series of Open had many variations as to how the dogs picked the birds up. Very long (300+ yards) water swim thrown from right to left, much shorter water bird (although some dogs did not go by water for this) bird thrown to a point right to left---hip pocket for long one, and a flier off the backside of the shorter bird shot right to left but angled back away from shorter bird. Long and shorter water mark retired. Flier line was through corner of water, some land, small area of running water and landed in deeper cover just beyond that. Due to wind, dogs could wind short middle bird if they missed the flier. Shot with middle first, long second, then flier. Long guns difficult to see because of tree line in background. Strong wind pushing dogs into shore but many of the dogs fought the wind for the long bird and pushed completely off and were very deep and left of the bird and had to be picked up. Why do they fight the wind when you don't want them to do so???? Very demanding last series.

Amateur

First Bigwoods Lost River Jake Lorna Kolstad
2nd Valley Home Primetime Gerhold---completed AFC last weekend
3rd AFC Absaroka Sioux Not Afraid Skaggs
4th Waterbourne's Wild Gun Jacobson
RJ Spring Forth Doherty
Jams FC/AFC Hiwood Kleen Sweep McFall
Flying High Green/Shih Green
FC/AFC Glenhaven Htrs Mn Baronet Brown
Glen Lake Yankee Clipper Seward
FC/AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder MH Tyson

A very attractive appearing and tough last series. Long mark thrown from left to right. Standing on mound and throwing to the base of the mound. Wind coming hard from right to left. Required dog to enter water, swim past where flier landed, dig out on land, and then re-enter water with the look of much bigger open water on the right encouraging dogs to take less water putting them to the left of the mark. Big land area encouraged dogs to break down and hunt. Middle bird was thrown from that same piece of land---which was relatively large---right to left so it landed on a spit. Both long and middle guns retired. The spit bird encouraged many dogs to cheat, putting them on the non-winding side where hunts were set up before some pushed out to get the bird. The dogs who didn't cheat but went by water then opened up more space where they could get lost going for the long bird. The flier was shot into the test so depending on where it landed, made the line to the long bird more difficult to attain. Order was long, middle, flier.

The area used for the waterblind and last series was the first time used as these grounds were just obtained by the CRTA. They could not be used last weekend due to the rain making the roads too dangerous (new roads will be built) and everyone was watching the sky on Sunday as Saturday had been very hot, and the temperature dropped twenty to thirty degrees overnight, with the sky overcast and strong winds. If it had rained, the prudent thing would have been to have gotten the heck out of there! It is a very picturesque area to hold water series and will vary as to spits becoming islands, shore edges changing, etc., as the water level varies considerably depending on weather conditions. It was formerly a gravel pit.

Kris---Sunny got his third in the Derby with David Kiehn running him which made it particularly rewarding! David came out to spend the week and saw Sunny win last weekend and then get a third with him being the handler.
Glenda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.