PDA

View Full Version : Medford OR - Rogue Valley RC Results??

Tammy Z
03-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Any results from the Rogue Valley Trial in Medford OR this past week-end?

Mallardrobin
03-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I have not heard a word at all, I did hear that hills ferry was brutal but your little golden passed. I guess it has a walk up and the birds were in the cattails, hard memory bird and had a bull dog to boot.

Melanie Foster
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I have only heard bits & pieces. Either Auggie or Carbon won one of the all-age stakes. (Sorry that is more than a little vague.) Flyway's American Flyer got either 1st of 2nd in the Q to become QAA. John Caldwell from Canada was 2nd in the Amateur with one if his Firewoodhill (sp?) dogs.

Tammy Z
03-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Not to get off the subject but - Hills Ferry was very challenging. Fred and I marshalled the SR. Stake again this year. We started 62 dogs and qualified 15. I used my little golden as the test dog only so she didn't offically pass the test! The land series was a double with a diversion bird. The double was shot and retrieved and on the way back with the last bird of the double, the diversion bird was shot and then retrieved. We lost 32 dogs in the land series. There were 23 carried to the water series after the land water blind series. 15 qualified. We finished at 3:00 on Sunday afternoon. If you want to know anything else PM me and I'll fill you in.

Medford update- Rumor has it Lee placed 4th in the open with Casey at the Medford trial. Go Goldens!!!

Tammy

Billie
03-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Hills Ferry was a bloodbath pure and simple. Lets say it how it was.

My main beef, is that if your'e going to set up a marking test-make it feasable for the DOG TO SEE THE MARK IN THE AIR AND AS IT FALLS as the rules state.
These dogs were in a hole and couldn't see the memory bird until it was almost to the ground.
A sad shame when judges set up a test to drop dogs instead of pass them. IMO AKC Has a lot to do with it -their seminars are now focusing on how too many dogs are being passsed and that the judges need to pass less dogs. Wrong. If tests continue to be set up to fail dogs-there will be more discouraged newbies(and oldies) who will never come back.