PDA

View Full Version : Hills Ferry Fiasco

Billie
03-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Since this was in the other topic of Medford,thought it might get more views with its own topic.
Hills Ferry was a bloodbath pure and simple. Lets say it how it was.

My main beef, is that if your'e going to set up a marking test-make it feasable for the DOG TO SEE THE MARK IN THE AIR AND AS IT FALLS as the rules state.
These dogs were in a hole and couldn't see the memory bird until it was almost to the ground.
A sad shame when judges set up a test to drop dogs instead of pass them. IMO AKC Has a lot to do with it -their seminars are now focusing on how too many dogs are being passsed and that the judges need to pass less dogs. Wrong. If tests continue to be set up to fail dogs-there will be more discouraged newbies(and oldies) who will never come back.

K G
03-15-2005, 08:57 AM
The HT committee has just as much reponsibility for the tests following AKC regs and guidelines as the judges do. Did anyone complain to them that the test did not allow the dogs to mark the bird "in the air and as it falls?"

Yes, it is a sad shame when judges set up tests to drop dogs instead of to test them. Again, if the test did not fit the regs and guidelines set up by the AKC, there is a method of recourse that can be take to rectify the situation. Did anyone take action to rectify the situation??????

IMO AKC Has a lot to do with it -their seminars are now focusing on how too many dogs are being passsed and that the judges need to pass less dogs.

Would you please PM me and tell me where you attended a seminar that pushed this point and who the AKC rep was that gave the seminar?

Keith Griffith

Mallardrobin
03-15-2005, 10:00 AM
It was a bad test, so what, my dog not pass, so what. It was a learning experience for Casey and for Brad. This was not the first bad test and it will not be the last. If you saw the dogs being dropped you could have scratched. Maybe not get your money back for it. But also your dog would not have been subjected to the terrible marks.

Background for my dog Casey, He has not seen live flyers for two years because I was not working and no money to do tests. Casey has been raised and trained soley by my and had not been to any pro trainer, Brad took him in a fixed a few holes and we ran him just to see where he was in training and if he would break, and if he would take the casts. He did what Brad wanted him to do and he got his answers and so did I. It was a learning test for Casey and for Brad, and that is that.