PDA

View Full Version : Retriever-R-Trainer + BumperBoy Bumpers

Anthony Heath
03-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Does anybody know if BumperBoy bumpers will work on the Retriever-R-Trainer? It is the same type mechanism, but I'm not sure id the shaft diameter is the same.

Sean Barbey
03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
No, they won't interchange. BB is smaller diameter.
Hope this helps,
Sean

Dave Combs
03-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Scary - I was just about to ask the same thing.

Been thinking about picking up a Retriever-R-Trainer to shoot decent marks from the line when I train alone - guess I'll have to buy bumpers to go with it.

Anthony Heath
03-18-2005, 10:56 AM
The reason I was asking is that I'm looking at the John Boy launchers and it looks like they incorporate the Retrie-R-Trainer as the launching mechanism. It would've been nice to be able to use the BB bumpers instead of the canvas ones.

Dave Combs
03-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Heard yesterday that Lucky dog launchers are the same size as the BB? Anyone know for a fact?

subroc
03-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Heard yesterday that Lucky dog launchers are the same size as the BB? Anyone know for a fact?

Yes, they fit on the shaft.

I have not fired either bumper from the other launcher.

Joe Miano

Hew
03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Lucky Launchers will fire BB bumpers. Drew straws just yesterday to see who would be first to fire. Throws BB bumper w/ streamer about 1/3 the distance as a normal bumper.

Dave Combs
03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Just read on gundog supply that RRT bumpers are compatible with lucky dog launchers. http://www.gundogsupply.com/rrt-ldl001.html

So why is it that BB bumpers won't fit the RRT if they fit the LD?

Anthony Heath
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Lucky Launchers will fire BB bumpers. Drew straws just yesterday to see who would be first to fire. Throws BB bumper w/ streamer about 1/3 the distance as a normal bumper.

Hew,

How this compare distance wise with how far the Bumper Boy throws the bumpers?

Anthony

Sean Barbey
03-29-2005, 07:14 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I apologize to everyone. I was wrong on my original post. BB bumpers WILL fit on Retriever trainer launcher.

Sorry,
Sean

Hew
03-31-2005, 05:22 AM
With red shells, and stock anchored against my thigh, the Lucky Launcher will throw a BumperBoy bumper (w/ streamer) about 40 to 50 yards with a nice arc (45 degree + angle). So to answer your question....about the same distance a BB throws a BB bumper.

I love the BB bumpers and use them often for hand-thrown marks.