PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Collars

nick_wilburn
07-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Well I got the new Cabela's Catalog Today and as i was flipping threw it a came across Cabela's Remote Collars. I'm in the market for a new collar and the price seemed alright was wondering if anyone has any experience with them??

Jared McComis
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I haven't used the Cabela's collar. However, in the Bargain Cave they usually have several reconditioned Tri-Tronics collars at really good prices. Mine came with a 1 year factory warranty as well. Might look in the cave.

Sharon Potter
09-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Run. Don't walk...run.

SpinRetriever
09-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I have found that with outdoor electronics the guaranty from the retailer is most important. I get all this stuff from LL Bean because you never have an issue with getting a new in box replacement.

TroyFeeken
09-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Save your money for something tried and true like a Tritronics Pro model or a higher end Dogtra. Spend the money once rather than less of it multiple times and deal with failing electronics.

junbe
09-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I was a tester for these collars for Cabela's. I have all three level of these collars I would recommend the 9000 for retriever training. It has both sound and vibrates capabilities and a mile and a half range. It costs about $279. I used it all winter to train my dogs.

nick_wilburn
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks for all the Input. I ended up going wit ha dogtra 3500. My Trainer swears by them. I have noticed that since Garmin bought tri tronics the quality has gone done considerably and I was wanting to get away from them and into something different.

Thomas D
09-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the Input. I ended up going wit ha dogtra 3500. My Trainer swears by them. I have noticed that since Garmin bought tri tronics the quality has gone done considerably and I was wanting to get away from them and into something different.

How has the quality gone down?