PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin-- Fox Valley Retriever Club Spring Hunt Test

Jim Coggins
04-12-2005, 12:50 PM
The premium for the Fox Valley RC hunt test May 14-15 is now available online at the club website:
www.foxvalleyrc.com

The test will be held in Horicon WI on the same grounds as the 2004 Master National.

Jim

AmiableLabs
04-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Did you guys get chased off the grounds of that hunting/shooting club you have used in the past? I always liked that place.

Jim Coggins
04-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Did you guys get chased off the grounds of that hunting/shooting club you have used in the past? I always liked that place.

Yes, we agreed to part ways. Email privately for the long explanation but short answer is that Wern Valley found it more profitable to host more evenings of sporting clays. They limited our training days and locations, refused to host one of our two yearly hunt tests and refused any written agreement in return for our paying for new ponds on the property. We thought it best to leave.
We currently hold our events at the WAFTC in Horicon. They have been extremely gracious to us. The grounds, especially the water, is great.
Jim

AmiableLabs
04-15-2005, 04:14 AM
They limited our training days and locations, refused to host one of our two yearly hunt tests and refused any written agreement in return for our paying for new ponds on the property. We thought it best to leave.
Good move! Up theirs!

We currently hold our events at the WAFTC in Horicon. They have been extremely gracious to us. The grounds, especially the water, is great.
Not so great move. The members of WAFTC train on the grounds (obviously), test on the grounds (obviously), and therefore know the grounds. It is practically impossible to throw something at them their dogs have not already seen.

I hope sometime in the future you folks get your own grounds.

Targander
04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
"Not so great move. The members of WAFTC train on the grounds (obviously), test on the grounds (obviously), and therefore know the grounds. It is practically impossible to throw something at them their dogs have not already seen."

Funny you should mention that Kevin....held our Sanction FT there last weekend. In the Open, they ran (judges where Jim Poweres and Deb Bredeson) the last series on a piece of land that ran right up to "the ol' pattern blind". An imfamous blind that was crated and ran for years on the grounds by certian members. Guess what? The dogs (from that group) that made it to that series, ran straight up (middle bird) to "their" OL' Pattern Blind...too funny. No blue ribbon for any of the dogs associated with that group :lol:

Lesson: Knowing and running every inch of any given grounds is not alway an "advantage" .

AmiableLabs
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
LeeAnne,

That is sad, but funny.

Anyway, I stand corrected.