The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Conversation Between Neil B and BHB

2 Visitor Messages

1. I have been a member for about 4 years and consider MRC as my primary club. I am also a member of CRTA and drive 1.5 hours to get there. Driving a ways for training is the way of life in CA. Yes, MRC is an AKC Master National Club. We do 2 hunt tests/year, one in spring and one in the fall. We don't do HRC but there are a couple of clubs in CA that do run those tests.

Water is the hardest thing to find in CA. So driving may be your only option unless you can find some private property to train on. That's why CRTA works the best for a lot of people. You can train at CRTA with another member but it costs $35/day. Still, if it's a quality group then it may be worth it.

Ray
  2. Hi BHB,

Thank you for the reply and the information. How is the Marin Retriever Club? It's an AKC club, correct? Have you been a member for awhile? Are they accepting members?

I looked into joining the CRTA, but between the annual membership fee, and the fuel cost of driving to the Denverton grounds, I wasn't sure if I could use it enough to justify it right now. I did join the Sac River HRC, and have attended two training days. But they have been training up towards Redding, and I need to work my dog more than once a month. Finding grounds out here, especially water has been brutal, since I don't know anybody.

I doubt I can attend tomorrow. I really need to be studying this weekend, but would be interested in attending next month (or later in the summer) if the club is holding anymore training sessions.

Anymore opinions or thoughts would be a huge help. Thanks again for the info.

- Neil
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2