RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

AKC Papers

980 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunt'EmUp 
#1 ·
I had a dog given to me and I have her UKC papers from her previous owner. I was wondering what I had to do in order to get a copy of her AKC papers?

#3 ·
To properly answer your question, we'd need to know whether the pup was registered by the AKC? If not, was her litter? Also, the UKC papers should show whether or not the sire and dam were registered with AKC. Each of these questions will help govern the direction you take.

#5 · (Edited)
If the dog-litter is not register AKC, or Parents weren't registered AKC; Contact Kelly Greenwood, he's on here sometimes. He's helped people register UKC only dogs w/ AKC it can be done you just need to do the research and find the records, to prove the dog came from AKC stock originally, even if it's multiple generations back. I think he's gotten them done on dogs who haven't been AKC for 3 or 4 generations, a lot of research involved as you have to trace mulitple lines in that case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.