RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What a day!

959 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Pat Puwal 
#1 ·
Sorry I cant easily find the thread about those great days with your training that just Work!! But we sure had one today. Scout, 4 month old, just seemed to take a fire and "get it". We played with him a little while with a dead duck, got him kind of revved, and then when he went for his marks he was like a dog touched by God!!!! He was so intense, so straight, and so positive! I actually teared up watching him and I was the bird boy! (one of them). Both marks landed out of sight, one in a shallow ditch and one behind a tree, but he just frickin' aced them. Not only that, but he returned with the dummys and delivered. He has not been cc, ff or anything yet. He is a baby that is obviously teething. He just literally caught fire. Then he did the same thing in the water. What a pup!

Meanwhile, my Indy was a very good boy today, managed to stay quiet and steady for a long double, unfortunately with him its just all done so fast you don't really know what happened! Anyway, it was just one of those brilliant days, that reminds you of why you play the game!

#4 ·
I sorta 'teared up' just reading your post. Chessies are the hammer, the birds are the anvil - even as pups.

To me, Chessies are like Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for metropolitan newspaper - until you drop the hammer!

Congrats on a great day, and many more to come!

Snick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.