RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2013 GDG

338K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  roseberry 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's less than 2 weeks away so I will go ahead & start up The Official CFB Thread for 2013. Lots to talk about. Wait for it. Wait for it. The Over rated State University will play in The BCS NAT CHAMP. There. I said it. It's happening. Time to move on.

"Do your job. Do your job. Be a part. You do those things, we enjoy victory @ the end. As a team."

All the nonsense about counting LSU out this year will ultimately make them The Most under rated team this year. Mett will throw for 3,600-3,800 yards, 36 TDs, & 8 picks.

#1,311 ·
Yes we do support Auburn. And 23 -0 is a big thing.

#1,312 ·
Yup. He did a great job for the Buckeyes. Should be a good game. If Myer can't pull it out we know what we have.

#1,313 ·
It may sound crazy but I think Bama is the best team in the country and if they do get beat and don't make the NC game, it would lessen the credibility of it. I bleed scarlet and gray but their defense is very young so I just don't think they deserve to be there ahead of Bama or FSU. I'd love to be wrong but that's what my gut says.
Go to the Rose bowl and slap the hell out of the PAC 12's best, then dominate and win it all next year!
Although Arizona St. looked pretty tough last night too.lol
Either way it will a lot of fun watching it all get settled!

#1,314 · (Edited)
Bama is a very good team. As is FSU. As are may teams ranked behind OSU.

The 'best' team can only be objectively defined as the one that wins the National Title under the current program. As a Buckeye 'bleeder' you've completely ignored a 23 game win streak and settled on defeat and and their ability to compete in a national title game because their defense is young?

Have you actually reviewed FSU's 2013 schedule?

#1,317 ·
I didn't settle on defeat about anything. Obviously I want them to win the NC. If OSU somehow passed FSU and both teams win out , does that mean we're better than they are? I didn't mean to sound defeatist , I was really just stating I think Bama is deserving to be there even if they get upset by Auburn or in the SEC championship game.I don't give FSU that kind of respect and hope like hell they do get beat. If they don't lose , they have as much right to be in the NC game as the Bucks do. According to the polls , they should be there.
At least next year it will be settled on the field.

#1,318 ·
You said both Bama and FSU deserve to be in the National Title game ahead of Ohio State. "I just don't think they deserve to be there ahead of Bama or FSU."

IMO - the teams that to deserve to be there are the ones that win out and end up being #1 and #2 in the BCS, as its stands by process today.

I have no reason to believe that either Bama or FSU is 'better' than Ohio State.

You don't have to bleed Scarlet and Gray to be objective. But you can't be objective by media hype either.

#1,319 ·
I go by what I seen on the field, not media hype , and I don't appreciate the insinuation. They won in '02 because they're defense was dominant. This years defense is not.
I thought at the beginning of the season we would have a great d , even though we were young, but we're not there yet. I think u need that to win it all. Look at the Bama teams that won. LSU in '07 . Florida's two teams that won.
I hope I'm wrong about it believe me.

#1,339 ·

The hunt from yesterday morning.

Saturday morning we were hunting in Hurricane Katrina. The front slowed down & between the sideways rain & gale force winds, the ducks struggled to finish right. Should have killed a few robbers (2s from Black Cloud out of an Xtra Full Kick's Vortex doesn't have a pattern @ all. I went & bought a case of 4s Sat. Made all the difference yesterday.) & even saw 2 black ducks twice. As is we went out with our boots on. All of Hollywood was smiling. Atleast they just came out of the rice fields. Needless to say I didn't take a picture of that. Oddly enough, one Hollywood drake was almost completely plumed out.

#1,343 ·
LOL. The only thing that connects me with that picture is those ducks. Nothing else in that picture have I had anything to do with. Well, I rode in that boat on the way to the spot, but had to wade out. "Bufu" wasn't sea worthy and they had to retire it that morning. I'm waiting on my boat to get done @ Pro Drive. When I say a boat, I mean the boat.

#1,348 · (Edited)
Yup, LSU tailgating is special as is the food. Nowhere else like it except on the otherside of the big swamp. However, working for the flagship station for the Ragin Cajuns and pretty much regulated to entertaining clients on gameday, I'd say the food is better in Cajunland. The woman that wrote that story needs to make it to Cajun Field if food impresses her. BR restaurants could learn some culinary tips from ours;)

Took a beating is today's early game, I had the Packers. Just hoping I can win the last two; Cowboys minus 9 and the Ravens minus 2.5.

Oh, and lets keep the chrystal football in the family!

#1,349 ·
state gives the rebs a ot whoopin' in the egg bowl!
long horns smash the raiders!

this is "rivalry week". there is not much trash talking going on here? osu v mich, fl v fl st, sc v clem, usc v ucla, nd v stan and not one angry exchange going on here between rivals.

oh yes there is bama v aub too. there have not been many auburn fans here this season. that's ok, but if the boogs do well in jh stadium on saturday they will come out of the woodwork. plus the entire nation will be yelling "war eagle" because of "bama fatigue".

today is a special day for entertainment in sports talk radio. if you guys want to laugh at college football fan idiots, the paul finebaum show went back nationwide last week on sirius xm. tune in to channel 85 from 2pm to 6pm eastern and listen today! bama fans everywhere will be humiliated by calls from "phyllis" and "jim from tuscaloosa". the auburn nation will be made proud by the can't miss calls of "tammy" and "charles from reeltown". don't miss it!

#1,352 ·
state gives the rebs a ot whoopin' in the egg bowl!
long horns smash the raiders!

this is "rivalry week". there is not much trash talking going on here? osu v mich, fl v fl st, sc v clem, usc v ucla, nd v stan and not one angry exchange going on here between rivals.

oh yes there is bama v aub too. there have not been many auburn fans here this season. that's ok, but if the boogs do well in jh stadium on saturday they will come out of the woodwork. plus the entire nation will be yelling "war eagle" because of "bama fatigue".

today is a special day for entertainment in sports talk radio. if you guys want to laugh at college football fan idiots, the paul finebaum show went back nationwide last week on sirius xm. tune in to channel 85 from 2pm to 6pm eastern and listen today! bama fans everywhere will be humiliated by calls from "phyllis" and "jim from tuscaloosa". the auburn nation will be made proud by the can't miss calls of "tammy" and "charles from reeltown". don't miss it!
OK John... Here you go.

Directions to "Climpson" from Columbia. North till you smell it. West till you step in it.

#1,354 ·
This is not college football...but did anybody notice the Detroit Lions won yesterday 40- to 5???:smile:
Technically, it was college football - and the good ol' tOSU Buckeyes with their perennial paper/rag-doll linebacking alumni - that saddled the Packers with possibly the worst longtime starting linebacker in the history of the NFL. You may have seen him yesterday at his "best" (as a disappearing act) against the Lions. That would be AJ (The Great White Hoax) Hawk, who for the last five seasons has done his best work tackling imaginary ballcarriers and of course tackling the real thing only when they've trucked him 10 yards downfield (and certainly not when they're 10 yards past him in 15-yard second-level pass coverage). The Lions are the Lions, loaded with potential, and as always Jekyll and Hyde. But the Packers, with or without Aaron Rodgers, are needing a Hoax-cleaning and not just AJ Hoax but throughout their defense before they're competitive again.

MG

#1,355 ·
Texas beating Tech last night showed very little except that a mediocre Texas team beat a young inexperienced uninspired Tech team,my Horns will get lit up by Baylor next weekend and play in a second tier bowl for Mack's swan song

Just going to sit back and enjoy the Bama vs Auburn game, the USC vs UCLA might be fun if nothing more than the bragging rights to the city...I think the Aggies have a chance against Mizzou

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.