RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Blog

173K views 636 replies 145 participants last post by  fetchbrowndog 
#1 ·
So far so good.... Its pretty cool to see all the pictures and blog of the Pre-national training. And that picture of Slider, might be the best picture of a retriever I have ever seen on-line. Hope the trial coverage is as good as this.... or better

#2 ·
Seeing one of the pictures I'd like the blogettes to see if they can find out when was the last time a women born and raised in England qualified and handled a dog in the National Retriever Championship.
???

#3 ·
I hope that whomever is doing the blog gets their SC working so they can orcistraight ;-).

#5 ·
Where is the blog?
Thanks,
Gregg

#6 ·
Found it, duh

#9 ·
I know Dr. Sammie and hope she does well next week. I think she came to the US around college age or so.
I'm interested to know from the historians who the last women was, born/raised in England, to qualify for and handle a dog in the National.
Anyone?

#12 ·
Well good for her. She's become an excelent student of the game mentored by the amazing Rando!
She's a vet too Dr Ed.

#13 · (Edited)
There are two scratches: 1 and 38

But it looks like you can not change your picks on EE.

"The trial will begin with dog number 31. The first four rotation numbers were given. They will be 31, 57, 83, 4. "

"The announcement was made that the 2013 National Open will be held in Cheraw, SC

The Judges for 2013 National Open will be Larry Smith, Phil Heye, Jim Cope"

#21 ·
There are two scratches: 1 and 38

But it looks like you can not change your picks on EE
Yea darn. No way to win now. I picked Pink so I'm down 1 dog before the 1st.
Same here. I picked Pink. She is very talented dog.
Make that three of us that picked #38 "Pink" - FC-AFC Seasides Get The Party Started.

Too bad she came into season, I really thought she had a great shot at it this year!

Of course I'm a bit biased, seeing as how my boy, "Traitor", is out of her... Still, she's one heck of a fine animal!

#14 ·
Yea darn. No way to win now. I picked Pink so I'm down 1 dog before the 1st.

#16 ·
I think the weather will be dark - test dog at 6:30 am!!!

#19 ·
I thought Sammie was still in High School and that was a hard core New Jersey accent. Good Luck Sammie

#25 ·
My guess is pictures will follow, putting text on a blog is easier than posting pictures, it's awfully early to be complaining!

#33 ·
Are they supposed to go in the water or not on the blind. The description of the tests sounds like they just cross the levy. Several posts mention dogs taking the water. Which is right?

I LOVE the picture of Guide. Looks like he is chewing on a stick. What pressure? :D:D:D

#39 ·
Hmmm....... I am sure you are right, but aren't all respectable dogs respectful?
Nope, my old dog Tracker was a pretty respectable and respectful most of the time, But........

.....You should have seen the looks he gave me when I missed a shot.

:p :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.