RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH 12/22/2002-2/28/2014

3K views 36 replies 33 participants last post by  David Maddox 
#1 · (Edited)
Peacefully lost our beautiful girl Jiggy to cancer today.

Jig was an exciting girl with TONS of talent and personality. She was a daughter of FC/AFC-Cosmo and my Dancy-MH. An incredible competitor, Jiggy only handled on one mark while obtaining her JH, SH, and MH titles. She was a tough little girl. You see, Jiggy broke her leg at 7 months that required 2 rods. During her daily rehab walks Jig always had a bumper in her mouth. Then at the age of 7 Jiggy had TPLO surgery after tearing her ACL. Never did she lose her desire to retrieve or hog the Dokken duck, even while battling cancer. She was a special girl out of a breeding that produced 3 Field Champions. Unfortunately for her, she ended up staying with us and never had the chance to run field trials. Our love and respect for her is immeasurable. I will miss sitting next to her in the duck blind, sharing the seat on the 4-wheeler, and that timely 7:00 pm head butt for a scratch on the head from dad.

Rest we'll my sweet girl!!!

#3 ·
David - This has been a hard week. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ted

#4 ·
So sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a very special girl.

#5 ·
Sorry Dave.

#8 ·
Sorry for your loss.

#13 ·
Darn, another one. So very sorry for your loss.

#18 ·
My condolences on your loss. May memories that make you smile replace the tears.

#20 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the condolences. Like Syl said, Jig was a vicious competitor and pinpoint marker. Her style was second to none.
For the first 3 years of her life Jiggy was a one person dog. My dog. That cared about nothing more than retrieving. Well, until she met her brothers (Brandon and Jared). Both of the boys loved Jiggy so much that each of them drove in from out of town to spend precious time with their "Amazing Jiggy Marie" as they called her. She's had goo-goo eyes for them for the last 8 years of her life. They turned her into a family dog and loved her like no other. A match made in heaven.

#22 ·
David

Very sorry for your loss.
I hope you find comfort in knowing your dog lived a very full life, and thrived on the love you gave.

Gooser

#25 ·
So sorry for your loss

#29 · (Edited)
Vicki
You were the first HT judge to ever watch Jiggy run. A Junior test at Coastal Bend 10 yrs ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.