RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Thinking of Putting Deposit on First Hunting Pup *Pedigree*

10K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  Decoyin Drake 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've come a long way since I joined this forum and have been researching hard for a while now. I took some of your advice and turned my search away from an individual pup and more towards finding a breeder. Well I think I've found a winner! I've been in contact with this breeder multiple times over the past 2-3 months and have gathered a very positive impression. I'm posting up a pedigree of the litter that I think I'm going to put a deposit on. Look it over and let me know what you think. Being new, I don't recognize names like you guys do, but to me it looks to be a very promising litter? Be sure to let me know if anything stands out to you, both positive and negative... Price is $700 for males I believe and they are scheduled to be born in late April.

http://www.whiteoakretrievers.com/pedigrees/MorganXRoxy.htm

#36 ·
I am Morgan's owner and would like to thank all of you who said nice things about Morgan ( or, at least his pedigree!). Most of what has been said I agree with wholeheartedly and a few things I would disagree with or have a slightly different take. That said I'll chime in a bit. Barb is a wonderful person to deal with and does an equally good job of raising nice pups. When we had Roxy, the female, in for breeding she was pleasant in all ways. I also had the opportunity to train with Roxy and Marty ( Barb's husband, when I was there to do a breeding and I was impressed with her style and marking ability. She's working on handling and Marty had her doing some tough drills and she seemed very willing. Roxy is the littermate of Barb's Chicka who made the National Derby List in only 7 or 8 runs. So even though I am somewhat biased, I would jump at the litter no matter what my goals for the pup. Also Morgan has more clearances than those listed. They can be seen on our website, www.blindfaithretrievers.com.

#38 ·
I own a Morgan Puppy and couldnt be happpier. Nash .... BlindFaith's Burt Becker Magnum. Raising Nash has been a blast. Nash just turned 4 and was a MH before 2.5 years and is also a HRCH. Nash has Failed just one Finished/ Master level event out of 20. His twin brother True.... BlindFaiths True Spirit is also a MH and is QAA. Maple Creeks Captain Morgan, the sire is also QAA, with MH and HRCH titles to his credit . It looks like to me that depending on what the owner wants to accomplish and if their training regiment focuses on a goal its achievable. The dogs are sociable, intelligent, trainable, and posess outstanding health clearances and if I dont mind saying good looking. I wouldnt hesitate a moment to have another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.