RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Fam

13K views 60 replies 26 participants last post by  HiRollerlabs 
#1 ·
Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Family? I Gots a Fricken story for ya all!

Last year a retriever club had to cancel a hunt test. It happens every year to any given club. It sucks. So this particular retriever club, in an effort to be responsible and let everyone know told it here on the RTF. And then, led by one individual and then pounced upon by many were totally run over by the RTF bus. It so was lame. I think even another thread was started in support of the club.
Well, I have chaired a few hunt tests. Both club tests and licensed events. More than once. And I have had to cancel events. It sucks. More work goes into calling off an event than putting one on. So, I scent a message to the club and told them next year if they send me the info and a logo I would set them up with some maple syrup of mine to use as judges gifts or raffle stuff. Well this year was next year last year. And promises are made to be kept. Not only did the club contact send the info but also purchased some for their personal private self. The Pure Vermont Maple Syrup was shipped and the Hunt test went on and people entered. Life was good.

Fast forward to tonight. Home from work, Dogs feed, bier in hand check front stoop. Huge box! The feller who was my contact at the retriever club works at
Starline Inc.
“Makers Of The Finest Handgun Brass”
http://www.starlinebrass.com
and in the huge box were (I have not actually counted) A stack of cool T-Shirts. A Stack of Hats. And a Stack of Hoodies, Nice ones!!!
All from Starline Brass. Just in time for my clubs NAHRA field-test this coming weekend on Kate Simonds front lawn in Stowe, Vermont. Plopped upon the raffle table they will be!!!

A very public THANK YOU
to Starline Brass and to David Wolfe!!!
This Kids….. is why the RTF is cool!

It ain’t about who is able to type the fastest.
It ain’t about who is able to reply to every thread.

It is real people doing things for real people. The RTF is not a faceless forum like so many others. It is as it always was a group of retriever geeks standing around the tailgate of a pickup truck after an event. Talking to each other, having a bier.

Ken Bora

See less See more
#57 · (Edited)
Very nice Ken
I have found some very good friends that are dog people. I really enjoy being around them & helping out anyway I can.
I got involved with labs & NAHRA when it first began & had gotten away from it, but I always wanted to get back involved again because I missed the dogs & some of the nice people I met. Before getting back I kept telling my wife how good & nice that group of dog people were.
I got back in a few years back & was really looking forward to showing my wife how nice they were. That did not work as well as I thought, but the real ones did show up. I was glad to know that some of those people were who they said they were. It is hard to find good people, but if you do MAN it is worth it.
I'm glad you found another keeper

Tommy

#58 ·
Very nice Ken
I have found some very good friends that are dog people. I really enjoy being around them & helping out anyway I can.
I got involved with labs & NAHRA when it first began & had gotten away from it, but I always wanted to get back involved again because I missed the dogs & some of the nice people I met. Before getting back I kept telling my wife how good & nice that group of dog people were.
I got back in a few years back & was really looking forward to showing my wife how nice they were. That did not work as well as I thought, but the real ones did show up. I was glad to know that some of those people were who they said they were. It is hard to find good people, but if you do MAN it is worth it.
I'm glad you found another keeper

Tommy
Oh My Goodness it was GREAT!!!
Just home, truck full of gear still. Just got rid of the trash at my work dumpster.
Gosh a Field Test makes a lot of trash.
Saw great people, great dogs, great time, got totaly soaked Saturday and half soaked Sunday.
Had a super cool brand new feller, not even a club member, work dawn to dusk both days and run his dog.
Come up and say "Hey, you have your RTF hat on!" and I did :) But I still use my pink camo at the line.
BTW Stan & Chris... dang thing is hot as heck! Maybe next run be mesh for the summer use? I could Ice Fish in that!
And this new guy non club member work like a sled dog type HAS READ THIS THREAD! the RTF Lurker is every place.
The gifts from Starline Brass did very well at the fund raiser.
So... again, Thank You Starline and David Wolfe!!!
we just had a NAHRA field test with 60+ entries :cool:
great time it was!

#59 ·
Hey Ken
I'm glad the stuff work out for you guys, I know everyone love the maple syrup with the cool labels that you donated to our club.

I think all you have to do to end a dry spell is have a test or trial, it will rain ever time.

To everyone else new or experienced in the game we need everyone to get involved and help put these test and trials on. I remember when I started 20yrs ago all the people that help put these on that aren't with us any more. Around here their haven't been very many new people to take there place. If we don't all pitch in and help one another out there will not be any test.

David Wolfe

#61 ·
Tshirts and stuff

Bob Hayden is one of the nicest guys in the game. He provides his company's T-shirts, hats, and such down in TX too! What a good guy--and I think David works for Bob, is a good friend, or both. Bob opens his property in Sedalia for people to train--hunting test or field trial training. We need more people like Bob!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.