RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Will That Dog Hunt???? Let's see some photos!

20K views 98 replies 67 participants last post by  Dixiedog78 
#1 ·
The Chupacabra had a great weekend last week at the Lone Star Retriever Field Trial. I was telling a friend of mine about our weekend and when I got done he asked "So Will that dog hunt?" I laughed and said "Yeah, Chupa will hunt."

So let's see some pics of our dogs with their awards & rewards (Ribbons & Ducks)!!!!

Chupa @ 11 Months Hunting Oklahoma Mallards

Chupa last weekend after the Lone Star Derby

See less See more
#57 ·
RJW that was an awesome fish retrieve sam did I have never seen that before ha

#67 · (Edited)
Thank you Justin he was truely comical to watch and would swim for hours "fishing", when he was tired and had enough he would get out of the water. He was truely my special dog and probably my dog of a lifetime. He truely amazed me in all facets of his life and on a daily basis. He was such a joy to be around. Even the folks that don't like dogs, enjoyed him. I took him everywhere with me and the only place that I couldn't take him was to work. When he was 9 or 10 he was diagnosed with Arthritis in one of his elbows, the Vet said to swim him as much as possible VS. Roading him(which was a daily thing with him in his younger years). I figured at his age at the time it wouldn't hurt a thing with letting him "fish", he knew the difference of when to fish and when not to fish. The Asian carp, silver carp, whatever you may choose to call them are litterally lousy around this area on the river. I have to admit, I had nothing to do with him fishing, he adopted that all on his own and got his exercise all at the same time. :)

#58 ·
UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MH SHR RN WDS TDI

Attachments

#63 ·
Now dagnabit Gary, don't you remember; trial dogs can't hunt!

#62 ·
First Pic is Idgy, owned by me, and Roux, owned by Frank Price (and me)

Next pics are Arcadia's Senor Jefe, QAA, 10 AA points

Choco dog is QAA Bleu owned by me (and Frank) in several different hunts

Last one is AFC Gracie, now deceased, in a water hunt.

Since I'm a guide, my trial dogs have gotta hunt, and they do it well.

Little Didi, daughter of Jefe and Idgy, performed well in the field as a one year old. Didn't get any pics of her!

Attachments

#70 · (Edited)
Thank-you Rich, Pearl has been a true joy. I've owned many hunting dogs before, all beagles, LOL. Pearl is my first lab, so needless to say she looks like einstein compared to the beagles, although they were very good at what they did. Yes, lots of pride, we trained all summer and she started hunting at 7-1/2 months, we still have lots to cover and learn but she exceeded all my expectations and ended the season with 118 retrieves, 6 bands, and I gave her my own blue ribbon, :)

From this...

to this, in 6 months...

#73 ·
Snakey Jake just is not done watching Ducks!

Alot of retrieves for both Jake and Jedi!!

Snakey Jakes Senior title weekend!

#75 ·
Nice Shots as always Gary!

Here's an advertisement.. Lol. Shaken Not-Stirred***aka Jamie after a hunt this year. Son of DC/AFC Yakity and littermate to DC/AFC Comet and 2013 National AM Qualifier Ruddy.

#76 ·
Yup!!

#80 ·
Roxie's master title and diver hunting. Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Vizsla
Vertebrate Dog Canidae Dog breed Hunting dog

#83 ·

FC Hiwood Jag's Wild Card

Owned by Paula Ferguson. Lucky with one of his two Amateur Wins and a one man limit of Greenhead and Sprig.

I could post a bunch more but point being is contrary to popular opinion Field Trial dogs can and do hunt quite nicely as well they are amply capabale of sleeping quietly at the foot of the bed.

Great photographs by all, thank you. :)

#85 ·
My hunting companions

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
These are my two labs last fall. My oldset lab Chunk lost part of his lower jaw to sqamus cell carcinomo. He still loves to hunt and can even chase down a crippled pheasant and catch it. My other lab loves to hunt and she (Ruby) competes in field trials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.