RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Some Local Nature GDG

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  twall 
#1 ·
I thought this was pretty cool. You don't usually get to see these but even rarer to have one show up in your own yard. We first saw it with no camera around. Got the camera ready and a month passed without seeing it. Now the camera is ready. I took these this morning.

See less See more
#8 ·
There are a lot of them in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC. We used to camp there a lot and these guys would be hanging out everywhere begging for leftovers!

#12 ·
There are a lot of them in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC. We used to camp there a lot and these guys would be hanging out everywhere begging for leftovers!
Carol, There is a white squirrel research center there. I contacted them asking questions about this squirrel. If you look on some of thier maps and charts you can see where white squirrels have been found and info about the different types. http://brevardnc.org/white-squirrels/research-institute/

#9 ·
I'd probably get a little lime for that lawn and some water. Also saw a few weeds that could be cultivated a mite, especially around that tree. Nothing to dreadful, just a mite of work will get it cleaned up and looking good. Oh and watch out for d'em squirrels, when they go digging they can leave aplenty of holes in the yard.

Dandilions, Creeping Charlie, broadleafs, and dirt regards!

btw - nice pics!

#11 · (Edited)
I'd probably get a little lime for that lawn and some water. Also saw a few weeds that could be cultivated a mite, especially around that tree. Nothing to dreadful, just a mite of work will get it cleaned up and looking good. Oh and watch out for d'em squirrels, when they go digging they can leave aplenty of holes in the yard.

Dandilions, Creeping Charlie, broadleafs, and dirt regards!
You want to piddle around with yardwork or spend time with the dogs? I know my answer.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.