RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Billy Voigt R.I.P.

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  big gunner 
#1 ·
Billy Voigt passed away Friday morning after battling pancreatic cancer. Billy is a legend in Field Trials, titling manyretrievers, including the training of Rivers Oak Corky. Billy was a friend to everyone who methim. Billy will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Billy Voigt.

#2 ·
Rivers Oak Corky was one of a kind! I am sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Mr. Voigt Safe journeys over the rainbow bridge

#4 ·
So sorry to hear we have known for quite some time his illness.He was a great friend of my dads,spending their winters training together down south.A ton of dog sense and a true gentleman.Thoughts go out to Diane he will truly be missed...A couple picks.... Photograph Dog Canidae Snapshot Field trial
Photograph Tree

#7 ·
We`ve lost some greats Bill in the last couple years.There isnt a day goes by that I wish I could pickup the phone and discuss dogs with those that have left us.A ton of dog knowledge is gone.Dad,Tommy,Charlie,Jay and now Billy they all did it the "hard way"and respected them for that. Jim

#9 ·
I was VERY sad to hear of the passing of Billy Voigt. I stayed with Billy one summer and trained with he and Jim Weitzel Sr. along with trialing with the two of them on the Ohio circuit. I learned a lot from both of them beyond just the dog training, the friendship and comraderie that they showed a young college grad left a lasting impression . Men like Billy and Jim are what made field trialing fun back in the day,something that is severely lacking in today's world. They werent just great dog trainers they were really good guys too.

Clint Mallari M.D. - Eagle, Idaho

#10 ·
While I was at the national am in 2012 I got the chance to go fishing one afternoon with Billy in a canoe where we were staying.
What a great time we had I have a picture of him holding a Pike he caught on a pop-r on my phone.
I'll never forget that awesome afternoon. Rip my friend!
Chad

#12 ·
My condolences to Diane and the family. Living close to Metamora and the kennel Billy had my first golden for a while over 30 yrs ago. I guess I am in the game today because of Billy and so of the older guys.

Thanks Billy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.