RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#4 ·
Nope lost 10-7. Offense couldn't move the ball. Montee Ball probably had the worst game of his career.

#5 · (Edited)
With a new coach and starting QB injured and out, ULM pulled it off in OT.

Not that I care about the Hogs, but it's not like they were 100% either, Rank means nothing now, it's merely a preseason formality. The Real Rank comes out on Week 8.

I will say though that while LSU and Bama again are putting up almost the same exact scoring numbers, I was not impressed with Zach M's arm(or lack there of) and 5 dropped passes didn't help LSU's Offense either. Score should have been higher and receivers should not have to turn around and cradle catch footballs in their stomach. Besides that they looked pretty good for what the talking heads said would be a high scoring game.

I mean if ODB doesn't fumble within spitting disance of the endzone, does Washington even score at all? Could have been a shut-out of a good Pac-12 team.

#6 ·
loved that Ok State got 59 points hung on them by Arizona after running up the score and hanging 80+ last week...also liked seeing Nebraska get beat by UCLA

#8 ·
Jacob, as a very wise man once told me, I admire your spirit but I question your judgment on that statement.

Just picking at you a little. Looks like the first Saturday in November will be pretty important again.

Can we all agree that we hope LA-Monroe continues their winning ways at least one more Saturday?

#13 ·
Dustin D have you watched LSU football for the last 4 yrs? ZM is the real deal he's 31/44 on the season with at least 7/8 drops in both games with 1 int. No one thus far has come close to stopping our running attack so we haven't been forced to throw the ball. Not saying he's the next Manning but he can make any and every throw needed and he will play on Sundays!!!

#14 ·

No I just started watching football yesterday.

You guys do realize that it's ok for other folks to have opinions and you don't have to agree with them right?

I said I wasn't impressed, not that he sucks and referring to accuracy more so. I'm pumped that we got a guy who can throw, big time! I'm just anxious to see some more consistent accuracy of well led balls thrown, not that he hasn’t thrown any at all either.

I’ve watched the full game replays more than once already. I know what I saw. That's all. Jeez...

BTW He doesn’t need to be ANY better than he already is for us to win a SHIP, still doesn’t negate my point or opinion.

#15 ·
Michigan State's defense is going to make them a team to beat this year.

#17 ·
How bout them Dawgs!!!! Not the game I wanted to see against Mizzou but with 4 defensive starters out I thought we did O.K., and Jarvis Jones was the beast he needs to be. And Mettenberger is pretty good for a UGA washout!!! HAHA I know I opened a can of worms there but it should be fun!

#18 ·
How in the hell did we not start Mettenberger last season?
The kid looks capable of leading us to another NCAA title, not sure about Les Miles though.

Heck, even the Ragin Cajuns are 2 and zero!

Lastly, I was watching the Tulane vs Tulsa game when Walker broke his neck. Lets all hope that the kid recovers! He is a good kid and an honor student.

#23 ·
Maybe a little too subtle for me, when did A&M get into the discussion? Is this suposed to be a video from the A&M vs Florida game, because it wasn't on CBS, A&M wore maroon jerseys and white pants and Florida wore white jerseys and orange pants. Looks more like Arkansas and ULM to me.

#29 ·
Last Saturday we sat glued to the USAF vs. Michigan game. We caught several glimpses of our grandson on the Air Force sidelines. He's one of 5 freshmen called up by the Falcon coaches to the varsity. He's a QB; I think he's #3 in the QB depth chart. The Falcons' starting QB is senior Conner Dietz. The Falcons played a very good game and surprised Michigan. Bloggers thought the Wolverines would win by 21. They won by 6 and were threatened all during the game by the Falcons who moved the ball and also had a very tough defense.

The next televised Air Force game is on Oct 6 at 11:30 a.m. ET on CBS... Air Force vs. NAVY. Should be a good game.

Bon, their next game (not televised) is on Sat., Sept 22 vs. UNLV @ UNLV. Our grandson Dano Graves is #7 and will be on the sidelines unless they give him a few snaps. There is also a #7 Black American on the defense who gets a lot of game time.

Helen

#30 ·
Last Saturday we sat glued to the USAF vs. Michigan game. We caught several glimpses of our grandson on the Air Force sidelines. He's one of 5 freshmen called up by the Falcon coaches to the varsity. He's a QB; I think he's #3 in the QB depth chart. The Falcons' starting QB is senior Conner Dietz. The Falcons played a very good game and surprised Michigan. Bloggers thought the Wolverines would win by 21. They won by 6 and were threatened all during the game by the Falcons who moved the ball and also had a very tough defense.

The next televised Air Force game is on Oct 6 at 11:30 a.m. ET on CBS... Air Force vs. NAVY. Should be a good game.

Bon, their next game (not televised) is on Sat., Sept 22 vs. UNLV @ UNLV. Our grandson Dano Graves is #7 and will be on the sidelines unless they give him a few snaps. There is also a #7 Black American on the defense who gets a lot of game time.

Helen
Helen - SI has a very good article on the things folks go through after they retire from FB - I'm sure you've heard of Jim McMahon? he was one of three featured in the article - the sideline might not be a bad place to be while getting a very good education - As a grandpa & pop I'm very glad no one had an interest in FB - I played before it got as violent as it is & on really cold days still feel the old injuries.

#31 ·
The Vols are going to get some redemption for the last seven years on Saturday. RockyTop will be heard around the southeast... As long as getting a little love in the polls doesn't bite us:(

#35 ·
Since this seems to be more of an SEC thread as opposed to a "college football" thread, i'll ask a question.... how do you guys think Missouri and A&M will do the next couple of years? Neither one of them won very often in the Big12 (one conference championship combined, I think) leads me to believe that they're both gonna beat the Kentucky's, Vandy's and both Mississippi schools and routinely get their collective asses kicked by the upper echelon of the SEC? Just sayin'......

#36 · (Edited)
Since this seems to be more of an SEC thread as opposed to a "college football" thread, i'll ask a question.... how do you guys think Missouri and A&M will do the next couple of years? Neither one of them won very often in the Big12 (one conference championship combined, I think) leads me to believe that they're both gonna beat the Kentucky's, Vandy's and both Mississippi schools and routinely get their collective asses kicked by the upper echelon of the SEC? Just sayin'......
I think both schools will greatly benefit in terms of TV exposure and wins.

I had a chance to talk with a group of TAMU students in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago while attending the Texas Trophy Hunters show. I said to them, "welcome to the SEC". They stood up, shook my hand one by one and said, "glad to he there". I have no doubt that within three recruiting years that TAMU will be the Football Powerhouse within the state and a top ranked team!

#38 ·
Everyone here in Missouri seems to think that they will do great with all the media exposure and prestige of the SEC, etc. I say it doesnt matter how much media coverage a team has, if they keep losing they will not attract anyone! Lose they will, best possible scenario is 6-6. Cool new uniforms and all but i do not think that this will be the shot in the arm they want it to be.

#169 ·
Lose they will, best possible scenario is 6-6. Cool new uniforms and all but i do not think that this will be the shot in the arm they want it to be.

This year and probably the next 3-4, yes, they're in for a beating. I do think that being in the SEC will attract a slightly higher level of new talent though, so in the next 5+ years, I see Missouri becoming a real contender. As a student here, I have to say being in a bigger pond is a lot of fun when it comes to tailgating!

#39 ·
I got your back Jacob. Geaux Tigers. I don't know why anyone would question Mett's arm, but that's cool...JC Copeland will run over a school bus.

/first post.

#43 ·
TAMU will be good, but it'll take a few years to get a solid recruiting base there. We get a lot of those prospects at LSU, and we're gonna lose a lot now since TAMU can coerce them to stay in state and still play in the SEC.

#45 ·
GO Cocks! Go Cocks!

#47 ·
We get a frighteningly large amount of athletes (in all sports) from Texas at LSU. I'm a first year at LSU Law now, and was here all through undergrad as well. The requirements that UT Austin puts on its incoming freshmen are insane. It's something crazy...like only the top 10% of graduating seniors are even considered to admission into UT Austin. So, a lot of those athletes that can't get into UT Austin come over here to LSU. Now, TAMU has an awesome recruiting pitch. "Come to TAMU, where you can stay in state and still play in the SEC!" = mucho prospects. They're gonna leech from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State too. This will also free up a lot of their endowment used for athletic scholarships, because they're not having to cover the cost of out of state tuition. I think TAMU is gonna be pretty scary in 5-6 years. Until then though, God help them hah. Especially with LSU being their "rivalry game."

#50 ·
I'm still questionable on how good the teams will do in the SEC. I mean Arkansas moved into the SEC in the early 90's and still have yet to win a sec championship. They have been competitive every few years or so.
If TAMU or Mizz. want to be competitive they better embrace that it's a defensive league and focus on tightening up that aspect of their game. I do look forward to watching them play, it's always good to get new members with different style play. I think is was good moves for the teams and the SEC.

#51 ·
What about the Buckeyes??? Yes know we cannot cannot go to a bowl game... BUT NEXT YEAR................
GO BUCKS

#52 ·
For those of you SEC homers that have never been to College Station or even those that have are forgetting a few things...its still Aggieland...the recruit that is contemplating going there is NOT considering going to UT (Austin), they might be thinking Starkville (Miss) or Lubbock (Texas Tech) or even Stillwater (OkState)..Aggies think that they are escaping the shadow of the Forty Acres by going to the SEC, but all they did was open up the SEC to some of the talent that was once their domain...

Back in the day before scholarships were limited, power schools like UT, Oklahoma,Alabama and LSU could have hidden many players that would have started anywhere else with the lure of NC rings and glory.....but nowadays recruiters are turning the tables and telling the recruit would you rather sit on the bench at Power U or start right away with us...smaller and less traditional powerhouses are able to field better teams and are a star QB away from running the table and playing in a BCS bowl

#55 ·
I think I'm confused as to what exactly you're trying to say. To me, the simple fact is that playing in the SEC is more alluring than playing in any other conference in the nation just because the SEC is the best conference in the nation. A recruit might play elsewhere and get more playing time/notice, etc., and that may work out well for them in the long run. There are still going to be a large number of recruits who want to play in the best conference in the nation. Now that TAMU and Mizzou are in that conference, they have that much more ammo for their recruiters. That was my only point.

p.s. I've been to College Station. Cool place, good people, but they don't party like we do :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.