MN Master Retriever Championship
I am most pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Minnesota Master Retriever Championship will be held on September 6, 2008 at the North Dakota Retriever Club. After the success of last year's innaugural event, the Greater Minnesota Hunt Test Association is eagerly hosting this non-licensed informal, yet prestigious, event to showcase the best retrievers in the state. The event will be open to all retrievers that reside in Minnesota, or whose owner is a member of a GMHTA member club, so you Blackhawk and Chippewa Valley people are welcome as are those of you out in NDRC and Minot Retriever Club. This event is an owner/handler event. This year we are pleased to have judging the event Travis Lund, Jeff VanGeest and Dave Lybeck. These three judges bring with them a wealth of experience from judging and running dogs in NAHRA field tests and AKC hunt tests and field trials.
If you have never heard of the Minnesota Master Retreiver Championship, here it is in a nutshell.
* Owner/Handler event open to all retrievers. No qualification required!
* The test may inlcude elements of AKC, HRC, and NAHRA hunt tests/trials and/or AKC field trials.
* Dogs will be tested adequately on both land and water with triple marked retrieves and blind retrieves.
* There may be an upland test which may include quartering and steady to flush skills.
* Trailing will not be tested.
* Judges will award maroon and gold "Minnesota Master Qualifier" ribbons to all qualifiers.
* Judges will place 1st through 4th place and all placements will receive the the traditional Blue, Red, Yellow and White Minnesota Master Retriever Championship ribbons.
* 1st place will also received the Gordon Schlichting Memorial/Minnesota Master travelling trophy.
You are encouraged to pre-enter your dog by completing the entry form and returning to Gordie Schlichting no later than August 27. However, entries will be accepted the morning of the event as well. Entry fee will be $50. There will also be a calcutta with 50% of the procedds divided amongst the top four finishers.
This event is being held on the same date as the NDRC Fall hunt test, so take your younger dogs along and enter the double junior/senior licensed test.
For more information refer to the attachments or email Gordie Schlichting at firstname.lastname@example.org.