If you are saying we need to whittle the total government payroll & get out of areas the Feds have no business being involved? I agree.
Originally Posted by Hookset
I've tried to get this debate going several times - I will note that most of the proponents run for cover like a Lefty. The only tax should be a FLAT tax, & I am willing to debate that.
2. The FairTax. It is easy to demagogue, but it would change this country for the better.
I'm involved with SS & Medicare. I didn't ask for the drug program but you have to sign up to protect yourself. In general they work quite well as they are, but I do not want unusual measures taken to keep me going when it's my time. I believe a little tweaking would help, but when you receive care like our congresscritters you don't understand reality. They have also loaded these programs up with many who have not earned the benefit. As for Medicaid - it's welfare & should be treated as such.
3. Fixing Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid. It might be political suicide, but it needs to be done and they aren't winning now anyway. Somebody has to have the 'nads to point out the elephant in the room.
Agree - might even favor some requirement for all young folks. ;)
4. Strong national defense. Self explanatory
Those people already have more rights than a normal person
5. Get out of the gay marriage argument. Same goes for abortion. You can't win and it drives people away from the party. A big part of the reason that we have Obama, Pelosi and Reid leading our country right now.
Too many topics - terrorism, Agree. If the cops solve the drug problem there will be less cops - it's that simple. Tax the hell out of them, like liquor & watch it disappear.
6. Continue the war on Islamic extremism and call it what it is. Stop wasting resources on the "war on drugs". It is as ridiculous as the left's "war on poverty". You can't stop people from getting high by trying to shut off their supply any more than you can stop people from being poor by giving them a government check.
As I've posted before, no retirement package for elected officials - they will be gone in a heartbeat.
7. Push to clean up Congress. Earmark reform, hold the thieves and scoundrels in the GOP accountable, push for term limits. Get serious about cutting the pork. Sorry, but some folks just have to take a shot for the team.
That's IMO - :) :)