I went looking for info on this topic and found this thread. I wanted to start collar conditioning w/my 8 mo old YLM so I put the collar on him to get him accustomed to it. I left it on for about a week, 24/7 when I noticed the sores. I never even turned it on. It's definitely possible I had it on too loose, I was using the "2 finger" rule. I also wondered about an allergic reaction as this pup does seem to have sensitive skin. I think I'll try again and tighten it up and shorten the period of wear. If that doesn't work, I'll look into the alternate contacts. Thank for the info!
Not the one for Shock collars, but I have changed over a few bark collars to the copper plate, hot spots went away, no more contact allergy. If I recall they were also making snap on coating nubs plastic or something that snapped over the metal prong, same shock but No metal contact on the neck, thus no allergy.
Originally Posted by Pigpen
The dog only wears the collar during training, not 24/7.
Originally Posted by kruzie96