RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What Pre-Fab Kennels To Buy

7K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Cedarswamp 
#1 ·
I am building a new kennel, will have smooth concrete floor.
What kennels do you recommend? I do not want chain link.
Have looked at Priefert and TK Products out of MI.
Kennel will have roof, siding and windows.
Kennels will not be exposed. I want to build 4'wide x 5' deep 6' tall kennels
any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thx.
Gregg Leonard

#5 ·
We did not prefer the Options Plus kennels we bought. Actually sent them back. Very floppy and thin wire. Be careful that the actual wire gauge is measured, not the wire plus the coating.

#7 ·
Thanks, i will check out mason. Only want to do this once.
Priefert is out, after reading WRL's post Ouch!!!

Any experience with TK Products?

Thanks again,
Gregg

#9 ·
Kyle, were they stainless or galvanized?
How long had they been installed?
Thx
Gregg

#10 ·
We have full mason runs. Awesome product, darn near bullet proof great customer serivce. Ours are the 1 1/4 inch galvanized chain-link but it is all streched and wrapped on the frame, little to zero stretch and flex. Ours are about 5 years old and the still look like new.

Here is a link for some pictures.
http://www.boberosagundogs.com/boarding-services/

#14 ·
Mason hands down! I know you said you didn't want chain link but the chain link is woven into the frame making it Fort Knox for your dogs. The gates also have a place to put a padlock should you desire extra security. Also, they provide little 1" feet that attach to the bottom of kennel sction allowing for easy clean up and water flow. Great system and great people!!

#15 ·
Thanks Chet, I'm leaning towards the chainlink after your and other posts.
Gonna call Mason on Monday before I pour my slab.
Gregg Leonard

#16 ·
Gregg-

I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up my kennels directly from the factory (about a 3 hour drive), while I was there they gave me a tour of the place I was really impressed!!

The kennel panels are also easy to put together, its a two man job but I'm sure you can get someone to help. Enjoy!!

#19 ·
I have no idea why you would even own a kennel. Grady & Trav sleep where ever they want to. As it should be. :D

#20 ·
Just installed T K Products kennel panels. It is an awesome panel and door system.
I would highly recommend it.

#23 ·
I have some panels here that are Mason...they're 30 years old I guess and still function well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.