RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pictures How to do!!!

44K views 112 replies 67 participants last post by  jb504079 
#1 ·
See less See more
#40 ·
Don't know what kind of computer you have but for full size photo which I can take from photobucket or my own pics you press insert image. Then select URL. Then uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". For the small photo Select insert image (a box with a tree in it) 3 buttons to the left of the spell check button, click it and follow the prompts. This will snatch a photo out of your computer and place the photo onto RTF for you. Press on it will enlarge the photo. Hope I have explained that!!!Thanks Ken for original explanation!!!

#43 ·
Well, yes, when you click on the thumbnail, it opens as a larger image, but I would still like to know how the OP got a full size image to show up in the initial post without clicking on the thumbnail.

HPL

#42 ·
Sweet....the age-old "a tired puppy is a good puppy"....and yes, I'm gonna need a bigger ottoman.... Dog breed Dog Canidae Patterdale terrier Carnivore

#47 · (Edited)
I finally figured out how to post a picture, hosted on the RTF server, that appears as full size (not thumbnail).

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed

Using the advanced editor, you need to edit your thumbnail in Wysiwig mode (A/A on top left), then double-click on your photo. An Image Settings box should open. Choose Full Size (or one of the other size options) and click OK.

ETA: I couldn't figure this out earlier b/c I wasn't able to get the Image Settings box to open in IE. I tried doing it in Chrome and it worked fine.

Jim

#52 ·
Using the advanced editor, you need to edit your thumbnail in Wysiwig mode (A/A on top left), then double-click on your photo. An Image Settings box should open. Choose Full Size (or one of the other size options) and click OK.

ETA: I couldn't figure this out earlier b/c I wasn't able to get the Image Settings box to open in IE. I tried doing it in Chrome and it worked fine.

Jim
HEADS UP TO IE USERS:

In case anyone else is having problems in IE with the Image Settings box (or any other problems with RTF using IE), I discovered what was causing the problem for me.

Before the change to the new server, I was using the Compatibility View setting to avoid some problems caused by incompatibility between the old RTF software and the latest IE releases. With the change to the new software on RTF, I had not removed the Compatibility View setting for viewing RTF. Ironically, this was preventing me from accessing at least one of the advanced features now available on RTF, namely the Image Settings Box. Removing RTF from my IE list of Compatibility View sites fixed this.

Anyone using IE browser who had previously used Compatibility View on RTF ought to check this, especially if you are having any problems with features on the new RTF server.

Jim

#56 ·
Boogers! One more joy of using the "most perfect computing machine known to man!!"

#60 ·
My daughter, age 4, on her first trip out!
Smile Duck Water bird

My old man, age 10.
Animal shelter Snout Organism Zoo Canidae

Looks like I have them in as thumbnails, but working on full sizing them.

#62 ·
Seeing if this new feature works for DEDEYE...

Fish

So, Howard and I had a bet when he first started teaching me about 7 years ago.. He said Darla would never pass a Q.. And if I ever did beat him and Bam (had to be Bam because she and Darla were in the Derby together) he would buy champagne for everyone at the tailgate party..
Water Drinking Photography Vacation

Sweet new feature! I never would have tried it if I hadn't seen this post.. :)

#63 · (Edited)
I think I may have figure it out. You can't select the general "REply to Thread" button but the "reply" button at the end of a previous post. If I select the general reply to thread there a no buttons. But if I select a reply at the bottom of a previous post I get the buttons. WHY IS THIS?

Also, how about a new thread? How does that work?

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.