Think of all the ways we will be regulated out of retriever training-testing-trialing
1. More and more restrictions being placed upon who can breed dogs, which dogs can be unneutered or kept open, how many litters/year someone can have without being a "puppy mill".
2. We use guns.
3. We kill ducks, pigeons, pheasant.
4. We raise (or buy raised) ducks, pigeons, pheasant.
5. We use electric collars
6. We use (often) public land
7. We use (sometimes big) trucks to transport our dogs and travel long distances to train, trial, and test. So far, I haven't seen the Prius that works for me. Can't take my dogs on any form of public transit. Even flying dogs cargo is getting harder and harder.
8. And most of all, we're going to have to work 2 and 3 jobs just to stay afloat, let alone have the time to do the things we love.
On the bright side... the government hasn't yet decided that veterinary care is a civil right. Therefore, our dogs will always be able to get good medical care.