RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Truck Tires

13K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  jmay 
#1 ·
Hey RTFers! Getting ready for new tires on our f250. Wanting an a/t tire that is good in mud and quiet on the road
Does such a tire exist? Looking at the Toyo open countrys but would like some input from other folks.I know everyone has there favorites and I have an open mind.
TIA

#35 · (Edited)
I put Michelin LTX load range E on my 2500 with a chassis mount. They are great on the road and passable in mud, though I try not to get in much, if I can help it. They don't look very cool, though. I had Bridgestones before and they were nice also. I like have had good luck with Michelin so buy them for most of my cars. Nittos look the coolest.

#37 ·
Good years are decent if you rotate religiously. Toyo's AT tire is crap in the mud. Nitto terra grappler is probably best bang for your buck in versatility and mileage. If I was you I would get toyo's mud tire. Not noisy, good in the mud, can get 70K out of them if you rotate decently, and they look good.

#38 ·
I use the BFG All Terrain T/As. Quiest on the road, great traction in snow, Not bad in mud. Around 60,000 mile tread life. The Michelins LTX are pretty decent also, but only lasted about 30,000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.