menmon...this is just too good not to get in on it....the first rule of Political Science is to do whatever it takes to getelected. Nothing new here, but under Obama’s (also Clinton) watch this pandering frequently falls outside of the U. S. Constitution. A few examples:
1. Obama Care: Individual mandate, Medicaid coercion, Independent Payment Advisory Board (Death Panel),and requiring all business/institutions to provide health care with free birth control (hope you are not Catholic),all contained in Obama Care (note the Supreme Court did not rule on the Constitutionality of this bill, they used aloop hole throwing it back to Congress and the Electorate)
3. The Deep Water Drilling Ban,
4. Political speech disclosure for federal contractors,
5. Taxing political contributions,
6. FDA requiring cigarette manufactures todisplay graphic warnings on packaging.
7. Selective Health Care waivers (Over 2,000and counting) We all can admit to pandering by politicians, but the pandering from Clinton and now Obama are destroying the economic foundations and the Constitutional check's and balances that have guided our great nation over the last 200+years....if you and other like you don't see this and fear it....God help you, cause I cannot! As for FRANCO...he too is beyond help!
menmom, in the strictest legal since the Supreme Courtdid rule the Obamacare mandate Constitutional, but they did it by defining itas a tax.....in the opinion it was made clear that this was done to 'kick thecan down the road' to the next election....not really a stand onConstitutionality. Of course Liberals, spin it to make it sound like it wassome great decision....
Dodd- Frank..no comment?? Cat got your Tongue?
And you are saying that the President and his group ofclowns (his Cabinet and Administration) can dictate laws against anything thatis bad for you? This is not about the written warnings that Congress mandatedyear ago, it is now going to be graphic warnings, dictated by the ObamaAdministration...I am a non-smoker and both my parents died of smoking relateddiseases, but I do not believe the President and his clowns have the right orobligation to make laws, that should be left to Congress,in fact it is illegal for the president or his clowns to make laws...except intimes of war….
Finally, like most Liberals, when confronted withfacts....you say something stupid like "the rest is jus gibberish”??!!
Happy 4th of July, I know even though you are aDem....you appreciate and respect the sacrifices made by our men and women inservice....they protect the right for you and I to say what we think.....!
Of course if Obama and his clowns could shut me upand others who think like me, he would! And that menmon is my point!