RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Be Careful Tomorrow with your dogs! Pet Escapes Increase 30% due to Fireworks -

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  forhair 
#1 ·

Thought I'd share this note...... let's all be careful with our dogs! No matter how well trained, animals can become spooked and bolt.

Have a safe July 4!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for posting this Susan, I have a 4 year old ylf that is totally freaked out by fire works.
She is also scared of thunder, in the field or duck blind she has no fear of guns.
She will be in the bedroom watching a Phil Robertson duck hunting DVD.

Please be careful with your dogs and other animals.

#8 ·
Thanks for posting Susan. Mine don't really care, but I know friends of mine have dogs who just get right out of sorts. Take care.
this reminded me.... when our dogs start to get older, they don't hear things the same way, so they could be fine for years, and then really startle and take off... don't just assume that if they were fine last year, they will be this year.

#10 ·
Michigan's new law regarding fireworks put into place last year has really increased the noise factor in my city. I hate it!

Sounded like M80s going off last night at 12:30PM for about 20 minutes.

My golden hates it like the dickens. She starts getting really anxious and wants to be close to me. She has been exposed to shots long ago and hunted with me for about 3 years.

My lab pricks up her ears and thinks "that's interesting...I'll just not pay any more attention 'cause there's no birds to get". LOL ;-)

#11 ·
Checked this morning and all of mine are still here.

Lonnie Spann

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.