RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Another ** My PUP WONT BRING BUMPER BACK ** thread (With my Dr. Seuss “twist”)

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  zsimp07 
#1 ·
I have a bad Summer Cold ... too much time on my hands ... and a new “Naughty” puppy in training ;)

BlackFoot’s Angel’s Share “HALO”

I do not care you don’t come back,

Not to my voice or for a snack.

I do not mind you run away,

To hide that thing and chew and play.

You are a puppy, thats all it’s about.

The biggest joy is how hard you run OUT!

With so much confidence and desire,

You run like a puppy with her pants on fire.

I’ll practice PATIENCE.

I’ll get a ROPE.

Your 8 weeks old, for sure there’s hope.

I will not chase you or yell at you pup.

There is plenty of time to watch you grow up.

See less See more
#3 ·
I LOVE that! Should be required reading for all newbies! The poem sets just the right tone for welcoming a new pup into the family. Make it all FUN!

#9 ·
#10 ·
I normally will use "happy or baby talk" even to my old dogs to get them to wiggle their tails. It always works and lots of love and hugs. It work on the humans too. Just saying because I am the mother with a Child with Autism. My daughter was never supposed to talk according to the Georgetown shrinks. Now she is getting her associates. No the other daughter... I will not say anymore. Good and happy feet for today :)

#13 ·
THAT IS AWESOME About your daughter! ... All the same, Don’t take this thread the “wrong way” ;) I am not seeking “help” or advice on ways to get my puppy to come back to me ha ha ... I just thought I would share that silly poem with folks that “freak out” about pups not coming back... As you read in line 2: Not to my voice or for a snack ha ha ....

Danielle, I didn't notice the first time I read this that you're from Hemingway. I'm in Georgetown with a young Boykin Spaniel. Are there any other local people that you talk to on here?
On here ... there are a few .. Who do you train with?

Clearly the weather/heat is non cooperative right now, but, you are welcome to come train up my way.

#12 ·
Great videos and pics. Awesome pups!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.