The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 226 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bubba,
    it's the kinder, gentler, more rational jacob. don't let him fool you. he is just towing the line with the "downplay lsu" crowd.

jacob,
    if mett plays in every game this season the way he played the '12 bama game, i predict he will throw for 4,000 yards!
    Eh, Georgia will be awfully tough to beat in Athens. Wasn't mushing @ all.

You're right. He was on that night. His accuracy has improved and his pocket presence. I'm not aware of a better WR tandem than Jarvis Landry & OBJ. We will see. I have my reasons to be positive. It's a tough schedule.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 08-22-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    So could my Dawgs. If Georgia can make it out of September with only one loss Larry Munson may come back to life to call the rest of the season.
    "Hunker Down you hairy dawgs!!!!"

Memory lane, regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    There isn't a bigger SEC fan on RTF tham me! But, one has to appriciate the difference between most of the SEC and Stanford. They are still pretty big on this "student athlete" thing. The SEC dynasty is because it has become the NFL's largest farm club.
    I love SEC football but Stanford is an example of everything that is good about college football. Sometimes I fear that the SEC is making college football so big that it's simultananeously killing everything I enjoy about college football (and hate about the NFL).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. View Post
    I love SEC football but Stanford is an example of everything that is good about college football. Sometimes I fear that the SEC is making college football so big that it's simultananeously killing everything I enjoy about college football (and hate about the NFL).
    Everything that is good as in what, exactly? The school whose band couldn't tackle and thus put Stanford on the wrong end of The Play,

in case anybody's forgot? The Cardinal today is a Triple-A Crimson Tide franchise, Luck was the franchise, now Shaw's gotta do it emulating 'Bama with defense and running game.

What else is Stanford "an example of everything that is good about college football?" Condi as provost back in the day - yeah, I might agree with that. Jai Miller might not, though - he signed with Stanford out of high school in Alabama, 10 years later, after playing major league baseball, he's a 28-year-old walk-on free safety with the Crimson Tide. That's something good about college football, as is the ex-Marine linebacker playing this year at Middle Tennessee State.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Everything that is good as in what, exactly? The school whose band couldn't tackle and thus put Stanford on the wrong end of The Play,
    ROFLMAO! Love it.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

I agree that both stories you mentioned are fantastic examples of the good that comes from college football. My point was merely that it is nice to see a school with high academic standards competing at the highest levels of college football...A feat many feel isn't possible anymore. I respect their recent success. But hey, if winning is all that matters knock your socks off just be careful what you wish for. I'd prefer that college football not resemble the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...091739231.html

interesting that the above claims to have picked USC over UGA when UGA hadn't even offered.
    Last edited by Scott R.; 08-21-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I'm not aware of a better WR tandum than Jarvis Landry & OBJ.
    Amari Cooper and Kevin Norwood (the Tiger Killer) might disagree. And we haven't seen Chris Black, who by all accounts would have made Cooper redshirt last year had he not gotten hurt during fall practice.

Now the question is whether the rebuilt OL will be able to run the ball enough to set up the play-action game we have made a living from for several years now. There seems to be a pretty strong correlation between returning OL starts and successful seasons, and we don't have all that many coming back. We will see what happens.
    Last edited by RookieTrainer; 08-21-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post

MG
    Thanks for posting that video, as a Pac 10 or 12, or whatever they are now guy, I tend to root for USC against the rest of the conference, but root for the conference against other conferences, never really liked Stanford, and remember that play like it was yesterday. Too funny. Now I kind of like Stanford but hate Oregon, my wife has two degrees, her first from Arkansas when Lou Holst was coach and they were vying against Texas for the National Championship, then she went to Oregon State when Dee Andros was coach and they couldn't fill the stadium. After Arkansas she attended a couple Oregon state games and said, isn't this cute, they think this is football.

Hotty Toddy!
    Achilles' Man In Black MH - Cash

one week until gametime!!!!!!!
    john mccallie