The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    wayne,
    lane is the troubled coach of the university of southern california trojans. my beef with lane kiffin is for the disrespect he showed one of my "second favorite" sec programs when he left the university of tennessee a few years ago.
    1) Lane Kiffin shows nothing but disrespect for everyone except Lane Kiffin. He is a sack of crap. He is a fantastic (but shady to say the least) recruiter though.
    2) I do not feel sorry for Tennessee. Every Tennessee fan I know completely drank the Lane Kiffin cool aide and would not listen to anyone who told them what a dirtbag Laney boy is until he suddenly abandoned them and now they think he is a dirtbag too (and he is). They had no problem with all of his ridiculous shenanigans until he bailed on them.
    3) I can't wait to see him get fired at USC but because of his (shady) recruiting expertise he will not be without a coaching job for long IMO. I hope the whole PAC-10 (or 12 or 14 or whatever it is) bitch slaps him this season. It couldn't happen to a bigger pompous, arrogant, jackass.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

wayne,
    lane is the troubled coach of the university of southern california trojans. my beef with lane kiffin is for the disrespect he showed one of my "second favorite" sec programs when he left the university of tennessee a few years ago.

leach's team, washington state beat usc late saturday. my statement above may have been harsh. if i discounted what the young James boy actually suffered by comparing it to usc's loss saturday, i am sorry.

but i still don't like lane kiffin!
    I'm a huge USC fan and I can't stand Lane Kiffin. My only hope now is that USC does so badly they have no choice but to fire him. He is a punk and showed complete lack of class the way he treated Tennessee, though they are better off without him. I always thought his Dad was a class act, but the son didn't get that gene I guess. I know a lot of people on here hate Pete Carroll, but I cut him some slack on the Reggie Bush thing as I don't know how involved he was personally, otherwise he brought fun, high quality football back to USC.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I'm a huge USC fan and I can't stand Lane Kiffin. My only hope now is that USC does so badly they have no choice but to fire him. He is a punk and showed complete lack of class the way he treated Tennessee, though they are better off without him. I always thought his Dad was a class act, but the son didn't get that gene I guess. I know a lot of people on here hate Pete Carroll, but I cut him some slack on the Reggie Bush thing as I don't know how involved he was personally, otherwise he brought fun, high quality football back to USC.

John
    John, you show better awareness than the Tennessee fans did. They LOVED all of Kiffin's ridiculous antics right up until he bailed. It is admirable that you don't want him associated with your team.

I remember when Al Davis fired Lane Kiffin (whom I had never heard of at that time) and had an incredibly long press conference just absolutely unloading on Kiffin. This is highly unusual, normally you just hear "it was time to go in another direction" or "time for new leadership" or whatever. I remember thinking wow, Al Davis is really kicking this poor guy while he is down and as most of us often have, I was thinking that old Al was once again off his rocker. He called Kiffin a liar and indicated he had been lying continually over a period of time.

I didn't give it another thought until they named Laney boy HC in Knoxville and he started all of his antics there and I realized "wow, old Al was right this guy is a classless punk."

Here is part 1 (of 5) of the press conference. Al Davis fired him for cause and indicated he would not be paid. I don't recall this ever happening before and certainly don't remember any NFL owner going on and on in attacking a coach they had just fired...and I know a lot about fired NFL coaches as I grew up a Falcon fan!

Anyway, here is a link to the first part of the press conference. Parts 2 through 5 should be easy enough to find after watching this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtbLLnDR4ps
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

leach's team, washington state beat usc late saturday. my statement above may have been harsh. if i discounted what the young James boy actually suffered by comparing it to usc's loss saturday, i am sorry.
    IMO, WSU's hiring of Mike Leach was a breath of fresh air in a conference that needed it. I am glad to see him have early success & hope he stays long enough to subject my alma mater, the UW Huskies, to regular & routine beatings.

After opening weekend it is refreshing to see some of the programs that were not doing well all of a sudden seem to be on the improve. Mora at UCLA has made them significant as his dad did the Huskies in the Don James era. & as Boise State found out, even the also rans in a significant conference can be hard to beat .

We're still about 3 weeks away from knowing what these teams are capable of.

BTW, from a good source on RTF, the James kid was a brat, his dad an azz, & as we saw in TX, his dad could not get out of the Senate primary . Good for TX voters.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    Mr. Hawkes, I made it clear, prior to the beginning of the season, that the Oregon Ducks are the cream of the crop. My statement reflects the simple fact that the SEC is getting wacked when they play out of conference. Tally it up buster. The SEC is a media darling, period. Watch Tennessee this weekend. You will see a dismantling and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they end up at the least, in the middle of the SEC pack. A joke.
    you must be forgetting the sec's auburn tigers. being a projected winner of zero conference games this season, it seems auburn went and whacked a mid pack, pac 12 team(wsu). then, low and behold the very next week wsu beats the mighty usc trojans.

looks to me like if them booger eaters at auburn were in the pachowevermany, they would be right behind the ducks and cardinal?
    john mccallie

you must be forgetting the sec's auburn tigers. being a projected winner of zero conference games this season, it seems auburn went and whacked a mid pack, pac 12 team(wsu). then, low and behold the very next week wsu beats the mighty usc trojans.

looks to me like if them booger eaters at auburn were in the pachowevermany, they would be right behind the ducks and cardinal?
    WSU isn't even a mid level pachowevermany program. So.. the Auburn booger eaters would definately be right behind UO and Stanford!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    WSU isn't even a mid level pachowevermany program. So.. the Auburn booger eaters would definately be right behind UO and Stanford!!
    i didn't intend to cast aspersions on those who consume their own boogers. it is just a figure of speech.

RTR!, gig 'em aggies!
    john mccallie

So Jacob will LSU be looking for a new coach after the OSU implications of paying players when Smiles was there?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    So Jacob will LSU be looking for a new coach after the OSU implications of paying players when Smiles was there?
    I'm obviously not Jacob but we are talking about my team. Go online and read the article...not a peep about Les. Players named but not any "boosters". Boosters at every school, every school can be out of control. I say, "Pay the players"! They make so much money for the university, and yes they do have the scholarship, but, cash is all around them. If it wasn't for the Swimsuit Issue, SI would be non existent their circulation is that poor. They are desperate for a story. Nothing will come of this, just SI trying to get some attention in a non-swimsuit edition.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    No, the Who will be looking for a new coach when Le Smiles hies off to Texas to replace Mack Brown. They got better cud out there for him to chew on than in the Bayou, and he won't have to be chewed up by Saban either on the field or at recruiting any more.

MG